Federal Law Enforcement Use Unmarked Vehicles To Grab Protesters Off Portland Streets (UPDATE: Trump admin. deploying federal LE to cities) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Dragon

Staff member
    Reaction score
    “All United States Marshals Service arrestees have public records of arrest documenting their charges. Our agency did not arrest or detain Mark James Pettibone.”

OPB sent DHS an extensive list of questions about Pettibone’s arrest including: What is the legal justification for making arrests away from federal property? What is the legal justification for searching people who are not participating in criminal activity? Why are federal officers using civilian vehicles and taking people away in them? Are the arrests federal officers make legal under the constitution? If so, how?

After 7 p.m. Thursday, a DHS spokesperson responded, on background, that they could confirm Wolf was in Portland during the day. The spokesperson didn’t acknowledge the remaining questions.

This story is very troublesome.

Yes, it does seem that no matter whether what they are doing is legal or constitutional or not, they are not helping the current situation. In fact they seem to be making it worse.

So, they’ve done such a good job in Portland, they’re talking about going into other cities now? This is pretty alarming, as I don’t think any of these cities have asked for federal officers to roll in and start things. I think I saw that they tear gassed a group called “Moms Against Police Brutality” in Portland last night. Maybe this is his plan to win over the suburban women’s vote?

It puts into potential context the tweet Trump had that singled out Chicago, New York, and Philadelphia. Will these be targets of Barr and Trump's "federal takeover of cities"?

He is going to try to create so much civil unrest that he can declare martial law.....

While I understand the BLM stance that if nothing gets broken, nothing gets fixed, when you break things, you open yourself up to a the same Federal response used in the 60's to quell white riots in the face of desegregation.
    The powers used for good at that time are the same powers Trump can use for evil in these times.

You have to be scrupulous, y'all. Don't set fires, don't hurt people.

The governor and the mayor have both stated that the federal agents are not welcomed in the city or the state. Why doesn't the governor order the state police to arrest the federal agents there unlawfully?

The governor and the mayor have both stated that the federal agents are not welcomed in the city or the state. Why doesn't the governor order the state police to arrest the federal agents there unlawfully?
    Basically because Congress has created federal crimes that federal police can enforce.

I saw where the ACLU filed a lawsuit based on activities in Portland.

DHS has become the American Gustapo. That department is full of Trump lackeys who aren't confirmed by the Senate (not that that's saying very much these days considering the state of the Senate under McConnell). That Department has subverted all kinds of rules, regulations and court orders in order to carry out Trump's mandates. It's not serving America, and if this the how it can by used by the President against Americans, I don't want it protecting anything.

I think we need to consider dismanteling that department. It's doing much more harm than good these days. The thing's they're focusing on aren't protecting the "Homeland" in the least.

Last edited:
    If those protesters were smart they would borrow a page from the protests that lead to the fall of the iron curtain.

instead of being agressive, sit down on the streets and hold a silent protest. Hard to accuse someone of being violent agressors if they do so and yet I'm sure they will still be met with violence from those DHS units but it would look VERY bad on tv and that might finally get some response from the republican senators.

They are already gassing what looked to be a line of suburban moms standing still with locked arms and shooting something at their feet. So, yeah, they’re already pretty much out of control.

I also saw a video where a group of the feds all surrounded a single protester and beat him with clubs which continued well after he fell to the ground and laid there motionless. They then moved on but the whole group then moved past him and I couldn’t tell you how many times this motionless human being was hit with clubs or kicked in the ribs as everyone moved past him. Eventually a couple of them came over and looked down at him and I thought they were finally going to help him, but they just grabbed him and pulled him over to the sidewalk so that their vehicle could move through. He laid there motionless still and one of his legs looked either broken or severely injured. When someone loses consciousness for that amount of time there is likely a bad head injury. For all I know he could have died.

It was something that if we saw it in China or Russia we would be appalled.

They are already gassing what looked to be a line of suburban moms standing still with locked arms and shooting something at their feet. So, yeah, they’re already pretty much out of control.

I also saw a video where a group of the feds all surrounded a single protester and beat him with clubs which continued well after he fell to the ground and laid there motionless. They then moved on but the whole group then moved past him and I couldn’t tell you how many times this motionless human being was hit with clubs or kicked in the ribs as everyone moved past him. Eventually a couple of them came over and looked down at him and I thought they were finally going to help him, but they just grabbed him and pulled him over to the sidewalk so that their vehicle could move through. He laid there motionless still and one of his legs looked either broken or severely injured. When someone loses consciousness for that amount of time there is likely a bad head injury. For all I know he could have died.

It was something that if we saw it in China or Russia we would be appalled.
    In their defense - what should the police do when a mob tears down the fence protecting the courthouse where the police are? A mob had already lit a fire in a Portland police building.

In their defense - what should the police do when a mob tears down the fence protecting the courthouse where the police are? A mob had already lit a fire in a Portland police building.
    What they should not do is what was described in the post you replied to. What they should do is do their job in the manner it is supposed to be performed. What they should do is do their job without violating the path that they took to preserve, protect and defend the constitution.

You didn't offer a defense. You offered a justification for violating citizen rights and not doing their job.

What they should not do is what was described in the post you replied to. What they should do is do their job in the manner it is supposed to be performed. What they should do is do their job without violating the path that they took to preserve, protect and defend the constitution.

You didn't offer a defense. You offered a justification for violating citizen rights and not doing their job.
    How do you think they should do their job in that instance? A police union building had been broken into and a fire started. Within that context when police are protecting a federal courthouse and the fence surrounding that courthouse has been torn down, what is the proper response?

How do you think they should do their job in that instance? A police union building had been broken into and a fire started. Within that context when police are protecting a federal courthouse and the fence surrounding that courthouse has been torn down, what is the proper response?

is that what these moms did?

I didn’t see

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom