Federal Law Enforcement Use Unmarked Vehicles To Grab Protesters Off Portland Streets (UPDATE: Trump admin. deploying federal LE to cities) (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Dragon

Staff member
    Reaction score
    “All United States Marshals Service arrestees have public records of arrest documenting their charges. Our agency did not arrest or detain Mark James Pettibone.”

OPB sent DHS an extensive list of questions about Pettibone’s arrest including: What is the legal justification for making arrests away from federal property? What is the legal justification for searching people who are not participating in criminal activity? Why are federal officers using civilian vehicles and taking people away in them? Are the arrests federal officers make legal under the constitution? If so, how?

After 7 p.m. Thursday, a DHS spokesperson responded, on background, that they could confirm Wolf was in Portland during the day. The spokesperson didn’t acknowledge the remaining questions.

This story is very troublesome.

Farb -

yes that is why. The BLM protests start out about 8 blocks away at 3pm. At about 9pm they move to protest to the federal building to show them their presence isn’t needed or wanted

there were 50 days with no issue until Blackwater showed up.

And let me add-

It’s a Federal Building. I think we have all been to one. Are they just unguarded? There is the forking Federal police and jail in that building.

Who is going to storm that? Kids with laser pointers?

ETA: Can we maybe get a mod edit on the thread title since this isn't limited to Portland any more? I was struggling to find another thread to post things from Seattle, Virginia, etc., yesterday. And if he's sending MERCS to a dozen cities, we shouldn't need threads for each individual city.

The update about deploying to other cities isn't sufficient?

so.. imagine that. I mean, who would have thought, right?? The group dwindled to about 100 protestors, feds show up, cause chaos, and protests explode again. Of course this then gives them justification to exert more violence against them. What kind of logic is this? I'm really failing to see the logic of the feds labeling anyone but themselves as the perpetrators in this situation.

The update about deploying to other cities isn't sufficient?

What I was getting at is that the Seattle videos were of the Seattle PD and not the Feds and we don't have a thread for that so I just included it in here. Maybe make this a "Demonstrations and Reactions" thread?

What is the plan if you guys do storm the courthouse? Why is the focus on the courthouse? Is it becasue that is where the cops/resistance is?

Yes. This is not rocket science. You had protests. You had vandalism, but the numbers in front of the courthouse was dwindling. You then put in an aggressive response, and predictably, violence goes up not down.

I'm really failing to see the logic of the feds labeling anyone but themselves as the perpetrators in this situation.
    This is so Trump can keep randomly tweeting "LAW AND ORDER!!!" and give fodder to his base about the terrorist moms protesting in Portland.

What would be awesome is if every city who has feds sent there to "keep the peace" had their protests moved to another city in the state without feds. I saw something that said they may be coming to Baton Rouge.

Jim -

I really hope you are right. It’s just that there are increasing reports of people getting severely ill which tear gas doesn’t do. 30 minutes out ofthe cloud and you are experiencing no symptoms. I saw my wife convulsing and throwing up for close to 4 hours. She developed blisters on her forearms 12 hours later which is a lewisite or adamite signature.

ETA- to counter one of your points about doubting they would use illegal gas - I never thought I would have Blackwater and the feds occupying the city I live in either, but here we are.
    As an RN: an alternative theory is she had an allergic reaction. If she was throwing up and convulsing for four hours with blisters on her skin she should have immediately been taken to an emergency room for treatment. If anything like that happens folks should go to the ER to have the blisters evaluated and documented, that would be very valuable if it turns out to be so, no? They can and do draw blood for various types of drug testing it would preserve what is making her ill (and if she is that ill it is systemic not a skin irritant).

That is good advice. But again my wife wasn’t the only one who experienced it.

the most prominent individual I can point to is the campaign manager for Susan Iannrone- the challenger to Mayor Ted Wheeler in November experienced the same symptoms.

On another related topic. I find this simply awesome. If we shut off their utilities I will just smile. I don’t have Twitter so I can’t post the link but my wife sent me this

As an RN: an alternative theory is she had an allergic reaction. If she was throwing up and convulsing for four hours with blisters on her skin she should have immediately been taken to an emergency room for treatment. If anything like that happens folks should go to the ER to have the blisters evaluated and documented, that would be very valuable if it turns out to be so, no? They can and do draw blood for various types of drug testing it would preserve what is making her ill (and if she is that ill it is systemic not a skin irritant).
    What you are writing is true and valid, but leaves out the probable substantial costs associated with visiting the ER, not to mention associated testing. The woman had already put her life on the line for the freedoms we as Americans claim to value. Should she go broke too because her own country is using weapons against her that at the very least are banned internationally?

I don't have the link. Sorry. Go scour twitter.
    Oh, gotcha. Might be a good rule of thumb to post meme on the MCB, might just start a sick meme war!

Last edited:
    there were 50 days with no issue until Blackwater showed up.
    Are you 100% sure on this? No violence, no rioting, no destruction at all until the Feds sent in reinforcements to protect the court house on July 15th?

Still, why? Why shoot fireworks at the courthouse? Why move the protest to the courthouse at night? What is the end goal? What do the protesters want? If they want to end 'systemic racism in their city' then why not target city hall, municipal buildings, the post office. Again, why the Federal Courthouse?

No one really has to answer, we all know the real reason, no matter how bad you want and have been conditioned to believe otherwise.

Oh, gotcha. Might be a good rule of thumb to post meme on the MCB, might just start a sick meme war!

Might be fun on another site, but not here. Maybe if we get full time mods here down the road, we can delete them in real time. Until then, they get taken down when we see them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom