Federal criminal investigation Hunter Biden focuses on his business dealings (Update: DOJ appoints special counsel) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
    Not open for further replies.

SaintForLife

Reaction score
    Hunter Biden received a $3.5 million wire transfer from Elena Baturina, the richest woman in Russia and the widow of Yury Luzhkov, the former mayor of Moscow, Senate Republicans revealed in their report on the younger Biden’s work in Ukraine.

Baturina is referenced in the 87-page report, which was released Wednesday, addressing her payment to Biden’s investment firm in early 2014.

“Baturina became Russia’s only female billionaire when her plastics company, Inteko, received a series of Moscow municipal contracts while her husband was mayor,” it said in providing background on the businesswoman.

The report described her involvement with Biden as “a financial relationship,” but declined to delve deeper into why the wire transfer was made.

The probe also found that Baturina sent 11 wires transfers between May and December 2015 to a bank account belonging to BAK USA, a tech startup that filed for bankruptcy in March 2019.

Nine of those 11 wire transfers were first sent to Rosemont Seneca Partners, the investment firm founded by Biden and Chris Heinz, stepson of former Secretary of State John Kerry, before being transferred to BAK USA.

We all know their is massive corruption on both sides of the aisle. Here is an alleged allegation against Hunter Biden who was allegedly enriching himself because his Dad was Vice President.

Hearing with the 2 whistleblowers about the preferential treatment of Hunter Biden by the DOJ. Started 30 minutes ago:

This was the whistleblower who's name wasn't revealed until the hearing today. It's going to be hard for the Democrat to smear this whistleblower.

This was the whistleblower who's name wasn't revealed until the hearing today. It's going to be hard for the Democrat to smear this whistleblower.

Hunter Biden's adult children are 29 and 22x2 years old at this date. How old were they when Hunter committed these crimes? What's the government's probable cause to search their records? These are questions that should have been asked in that interview.

Was the President the subject of this particular investigation? Why would you need to question him?

Again, why is he not in front of Congress? Does he have anything else to offer other than his assertion that he was obstructed? I would love to hear more about that though! I would liked to hear from those that obstructed him and hear their reasoning behind their actions.

So I got no time to sit and listen. What laws do they allege were broken by Hunter in any of his positions? Is it illegal to make money from foreign corporations? I’ve got news for the GOP members of that committee.

I’m willing to bet talking to children or parents when they’re not involved in the business would be an abnormal step to take in these types of investigations from the IRS. But I’m willing to listen to other examples if you have any.

From what I have seen, just the very fact that they have even charged Hunter is abnormal. Roger Stone did the exact same thing and was allowed to quietly pay his taxes and fines without any charges.

So, they’re already treating Hunter more harshly than any other person would be in this situation, from that angle I could see someone telling some gung-ho agents to cool it.

Thanks.

Zeigler is blowing the whistle on the fact that Hunter and the DoJ agreed to a plea deal. He also recognizes the fact that his questions would become clearer once the full terms of the deal would be released.
    ZIEGLER: I would like to note that once the plea agreement is finally released, it may provide a greater understanding.

Thanks.

Zeigler is blowing the whistle on the fact that Hunter and the DoJ agreed to a plea deal. He also recognizes the fact that his questions would become clearer once the full terms of the deal would be released.
    By then the narrative being pushed will have hardened and will never be uprooted.

A little more perspective about the folks who are just “outraged” that Hunter has a plea deal, and are so cocksure of themselves that Biden has somehow exercised Jedi mind control over a Republican US attorney appointed by Trump. And they also think Biden can’t really even function in his job, but yet he’s some criminal mastermind. 🤪

These GOP House members are not serious people and shouldn’t really be paid any attention at all.

And now they do this, they’re just smearing a private citizen now in Congress. These photos were not legally obtained. Let that sink in: they are Russian-sourced by Rudy.

Last edited:
    @SFL I really want your comment on this fact from the testimony:

Edited to add: the CBS reporter is Catherine Herridge, who I have found before to be extremely biased. Pro-Trump, pro-Barr, former Fox News reporter.

Oh, it’s true. The slow-walking they are talking about happened under Trump, in April 2020. They are insisting somehow that it was Joe Biden’s fault. Once again, they seem to think that Joe Biden is simultaneously a doddering old man, and capable of exercising mind control over Trump‘s DOJ.

More on Ziegler's opening statement:
    Ziegler: "In a recent letter to Congress, Mr. Weiss says that he had been 'granted ultimate authority on this matter', but then he stated, in the same letter, that his authority is geographically limited and that he would have to seek approval from a Biden appointed US Attorney".
    Here's the 7 June 2023 letter that Zeigler is referencing:
    I have been granted ultimate authority over this matter, including responsibility for deciding where, when, and whether to file charges and for making decisions necessary to preserve the integrity of the prosecution, consistent with federal law, the Principles of Federal Prosecution, and Departmental regulations.
    /https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/23854516/20230607-out-jordan-investigation.pdf

Where does it say that Mr. Weiss's authority was limited? Is he making this up?

In a later letter sent to Sen Graham (10 July 2023), Mr. Weiss reiterated his authority on this mater:
    To clarify an apparent misperception and to avoid future confusion, I wish to make one point clear: in this case, I have not requested Special Counsel designation pursuant to 28 CFR § 600 et seq. Rather, I had discussions with Departmental officials regarding potential appointment under 28 U.S.C. § 515, which would have allowed me to file charges in a district outside my own without the partnership of the local U.S. Attorney. I was assured that I would be granted this authority if it proved necessary. And this assurance came months before the October 7, 2022, meeting referenced throughout the whistleblowers’ allegations. In this case, I’ve followed the process outlined in my June 30 letter and have never been denied the authority to bring charges in any jurisdiction.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom