Federal criminal investigation Hunter Biden focuses on his business dealings (Update: DOJ appoints special counsel) (6 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
    Not open for further replies.

SaintForLife

Reaction score
    Hunter Biden received a $3.5 million wire transfer from Elena Baturina, the richest woman in Russia and the widow of Yury Luzhkov, the former mayor of Moscow, Senate Republicans revealed in their report on the younger Biden’s work in Ukraine.

Baturina is referenced in the 87-page report, which was released Wednesday, addressing her payment to Biden’s investment firm in early 2014.

“Baturina became Russia’s only female billionaire when her plastics company, Inteko, received a series of Moscow municipal contracts while her husband was mayor,” it said in providing background on the businesswoman.

The report described her involvement with Biden as “a financial relationship,” but declined to delve deeper into why the wire transfer was made.

The probe also found that Baturina sent 11 wires transfers between May and December 2015 to a bank account belonging to BAK USA, a tech startup that filed for bankruptcy in March 2019.

Nine of those 11 wire transfers were first sent to Rosemont Seneca Partners, the investment firm founded by Biden and Chris Heinz, stepson of former Secretary of State John Kerry, before being transferred to BAK USA.

We all know their is massive corruption on both sides of the aisle. Here is an alleged allegation against Hunter Biden who was allegedly enriching himself because his Dad was Vice President.

But the Trumps do business in foreign countries because they own businesses. They have goods and real estate and going companies to sell, money to invest and lend and to buy and sell goods and services, and a history of profit making that long predates Trump taking office. They participate in actual commerce.
    Trump Enterprises doesn’t make anything. They license their name to others. They don’t own industrial parks or commercial centers. They own real estate like housing development and apartment buildings.

They literally have nothing other than real estate holdings; and those are mostly bank or equity firm held with his name on the front for a small percentage.

Trump Enterprises doesn’t lend money. They aren’t a brokerage or a lending firm. They only borrow it. And mostly don’t pay it back.

Trump Enterprises has a history of losing (others) money. That is why no US backed bank or credit brokerage house, will lend them a dime. Not one.

Every dollar they borrow - which is in the billions - is owed to private foreign interests like Russia, the Saudis and Qatar.

Kushner got $2.1 billion from the Saudis while Trump was President. But yeah let’s worry about something Hunter Biden said in 2017 when Trump was president. You know, when his dad was a private citizen and didn’t run in 2016… which he would have wiped the floor with the tangerine Mussolini btw.

Trump is a traitor, a serial tax cheat, a rapist and has shown top secret military secrets to Jeebus knows who.

He deserves to be hanged, but he will serve out his time at his house in Florida.

He deserves to be hanged, but he will serve out his time at his house palatial estate in Florida.
    fixed

Yeah I know, a gilded cage is still a cage, but still, that hardly seems fair

Does it have to be his house?

Serving house arrest at your multi million dollar estate isn’t much of a punishment

Can’t it be like super deep witness protection?

Somewhere in the middle of nowhere, no frills, no comfort creatures, no tv, no internet, no social media, no visitors, no one in or out but secret service

Tons of surveillance

So..what evidence is there if these “bribes for the big guy”?
    He already said - the laptop files, you know the collection of partly stolen emails and partly planted “evidence” that Giuliani, Stone, and Bannon all had their dirty little fingers all over.

He wants us to seriously converse with him like he’s an adult, when he has demonstrated that he just isn’t a serious person at all. He gets some sort of enjoyment out of coming here and spouting lies. And some sort of sick pleasure out of defending the indefensible.

I admitted that bribery is not illegal?

It is concerning that the Trump's do business with foreigners.

But the Trumps do business in foreign countries because they own businesses. They have goods and real estate and going companies to sell, money to invest and lend and to buy and sell goods and services, and a history of profit making that long predates Trump taking office. They participate in actual commerce.

Other than influence, what do the Biden's have to exchange for all the millions of foreign money? Hunter's art talents?
    Joe Biden’s tax returns have been made public for decades. We know how he made all his money. He made out on buying and fixing up a house and then selling it. He got a sweet book deal, and he made money by public speaking. These are all honest ways to make money.

Hunter isn’t part of the administration. You obviously don’t care about children getting money because they have a prominent father, because you have never criticized any of the Trump children.

As already pointed out Trump does nothing. He produces cheap, foreign made flags, hats and shirts, peddles NFTs and cheap souvenir coin things. He uses deceptive marketing to solicit recurring donations from cult members. He lends his name to various properties, and yet has managed to sully that name to the point it is now a liability in much of the world.

He had a fake college that was a scam, he had a fake charity that was a scam. He set up a hotel near the WH that he used to take money from foreign delegations hoping to curry favor with him while he was president. He will never pay a sufficient price for every criminal, sleazy thing he has done.

And we haven’t even touched the surface of his sleaziness if we’re being honest. His serial sexual assaults, his barging into dressing rooms for a teenage beauty pageant and bragging about it. His many bankruptcies where investors were left holding the bag. His refusal to pay subcontractors back in the days when he actually did own things, or tell them after the work is done he’s only paying half, and they can sue if they want. His promise to preserve a historical facade in NYC, only to walk out of the meeting where he made the promise and tell his guys to tear it down. All of these things are documented facts, and there‘s a lot more that hasn’t been mentioned.

This is the man you choose to champion. What does that say about you, if you are honest with yourself? What does that say about the Republican Party? I know I want nothing to do with this mess, or the GOP. Nobody who is a decent person would want to be part of it, IMO.

You can ignore me all you want, you know what I say is true.

Joe Biden’s tax returns have been made public for decades. We know how he made all his money. He made out on buying and fixing up a house and then selling it. He got a sweet book deal, and he made money by public speaking. These are all honest ways to make money.

Hunter isn’t part of the administration. You obviously don’t care about children getting money because they have a prominent father, because you have never criticized any of the Trump children.

As already pointed out Trump does nothing. He produces cheap, foreign made flags, hats and shirts, peddles NFTs and cheap souvenir coin things. He uses deceptive marketing to solicit recurring donations from cult members. He lends his name to various properties, and yet has managed to sully that name to the point it is now a liability in much of the world.

He had a fake college that was a scam, he had a fake charity that was a scam. He set up a hotel near the WH that he used to take money from foreign delegations hoping to curry favor with him while he was president. He will never pay a sufficient price for every criminal, sleazy thing he has done.

And we haven’t even touched the surface of his sleaziness if we’re being honest. His serial sexual assaults, his barging into dressing rooms for a teenage beauty pageant and bragging about it. His many bankruptcies where investors were left holding the bag. His refusal to pay subcontractors back in the days when he actually did own things, or tell them after the work is done he’s only paying half, and they can sue if they want. His promise to preserve a historical facade in NYC, only to walk out of the meeting where he made the promise and tell his guys to tear it down. All of these things are documented facts, and there‘s a lot more that hasn’t been mentioned.

This is the man you choose to champion. What does that say about you, if you are honest with yourself? What does that say about the Republican Party? I know I want nothing to do with this mess, or the GOP. Nobody who is a decent person would want to be part of it, IMO.

You can ignore me all you want, you know what I say is true.
    You know you’re right when they don’t respond.

Any response given would either be a weak debate tactic like whataboutism or an obvious lie. Or both.

I admitted that bribery is not illegal?

Not directly. But you very clearly admitted that what you referred to as "bribes for The big Guy," if those actions actually happened, were not illegal.

It is concerning that the Trump's do business with foreigners.

Other than influence, what do the Biden's have to exchange for all the millions of foreign money? Hunter's art talents?

It's beyond hilarious that you claim, outright, that the Bidens are selling influence. Can you point to any examples of the actual influence that was sold? And you then turn around and brush off Trump as "concerning," when there are actual examples of what appears (on the surface, at least) to actually be influence peddling. Examples like:
    --Investors from Qatar investing in Jared Kushner's real estate development, saving him from losing it, and President Trump almost immediately changing his position on a Qatari blockade 180 degrees. ( https://www.newsweek.com/kushners-financial-link-qatar-ticking-time-bomb-biographer-1766537 )
    --Ivanka Trump travels to China as an official representative of the US government, meeting with several high ranking members of the Chinese government. She is granted dozens of trademarks and patents in China. Shortly after that trip, President Trump began pushing for the US to ease sanctions on a Chinese company that had been sanctioned after they were found to be selling US technology to Iran. ( https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommyb...hina-after-trump-was-elected/?sh=52a32c3b1d60 )
    --Jared Kushner reportedly delivered a report developed by US intelligence showing individuals who were not loyal to MBS, leading to multiple arrests and deaths of such individuals in an event referred to as "The Purge." A few months after Trump's presidency ended, Saudi Arabia invested approximately $2 billion in a company run by Jared Kushner ( https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/201...y-pocket/0000017f-dbb4-d3a5-af7f-fbbe266b0000 )

Not directly. But you very clearly admitted that what you referred to as "bribes for The big Guy," if those actions actually happened, were not illegal.
    There is no way that I ever said that "bribes for the big Guy" are not illegal. What is the post number and what is the quote?
    It's beyond hilarious that you claim, outright, that the Bidens are selling influence.
    You didn't answer the question of what else do they have to sell? Hunter's knowledge of Ukrainian energy law. Hunter admitted that he got the job because of his name, why can't you?
    Can you point to any examples of the actual influence that was sold?
    Depends on what you mean by "examples." If you mean a check for a million dollars written to the Bidens that says in the comments "Bribe for Lenient Treatment of Chinese encroachment on U.S. Territory," then of course there will be no such evidence. When does bribery ever work that way.

When we hear about Chinese payment to the Biden family, and about a Chinese spy balloon being allowed to float across the U.S., we can say "coincidence," or we can say "they bought him."
    And you then turn around and brush off Trump as "concerning," when there are actual examples of what appears (on the surface, at least) to actually be influence peddling. Examples like:
    --Investors from Qatar investing in Jared Kushner's real estate development, saving him from losing it, and President Trump almost immediately changing his position on a Qatari blockade 180 degrees. ( https://www.newsweek.com/kushners-financial-link-qatar-ticking-time-bomb-biographer-1766537 )
    --Ivanka Trump travels to China as an official representative of the US government, meeting with several high ranking members of the Chinese government. She is granted dozens of trademarks and patents in China. Shortly after that trip, President Trump began pushing for the US to ease sanctions on a Chinese company that had been sanctioned after they were found to be selling US technology to Iran. ( https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommyb...hina-after-trump-was-elected/?sh=52a32c3b1d60 )
    If the first two examples are true, and I hope you understand the "if" in that sentence, how can you prove a connection?

Kushner had a real estate development to invest in. Ivanka had inventions to get patents for (likely someone else's inventions).

What were the Ukrainians paying Hunter for, exactly?

Again, Hunter said they hired him because his name was Biden.
    --Jared Kushner reportedly delivered a report developed by US intelligence showing individuals who were not loyal to MBS, leading to multiple arrests and deaths of such individuals in an event referred to as "The Purge." A few months after Trump's presidency ended, Saudi Arabia invested approximately $2 billion in a company run by Jared Kushner ( https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/201...y-pocket/0000017f-dbb4-d3a5-af7f-fbbe266b0000 )
    You have that from an American source?

Last edited:
    I don't care. If he stays in his house and is never heard from again, I'll be happy.
    I'm of the same mind. Sure, his resort is a lot better accommodation than any other imprisoned person gets, but Trump's hell on Earth is any place that he's isolated from throngs of people showing adoration for him.

Generally when someone is under house arrest they are only allowed visits from close family and they aren't allowed to travel offsite without permission on a case by case basis. If convicted and placed under house arrest, I don't think they'd allow even Trump to have social gatherings or attend social gatherings. That's his worst nightmare because of his NPD. His life has no meaning to him without being surrounded by people expressing adoration for him.

If he ends up under house arrest at Mar-a-Lago, I think his movements would be restricted to just the residence area and not allowed to mingle with any guests. He would probably still have a secret service detail assigned to not only protect him, but also to make sure he complies with the court ordered house arrest.

Last edited:
    There is no way that I ever said that "bribes for the big Guy" are not illegal. What is the post number and what is the quote?
    Sure. Let me pull up the receipts.
    1097 -- you said: "I'll be impressed when they charge him for the bribes for the big Guy."
    1099 -- I asked: "What evidence is there of these "bribes for the big guy"
    1102 -- you mentioned a May 2017 email referencing "10 held by H for the big guy"
    1104 -- I pointed out that in May 2017 Joe Biden was a private citizen, and asked what law would be violated by private citizen Joe Biden receiving equity in a chinese company.
    1105 -- you said "I don't believe I that I said that private citizen Joe Biden receiving equity in a Chinese energy company violated a law."

So, if the "bribes for the big guy" referred to an email from 2017, and in 2017 Joe Biden was a private citizen, and you didn't say that Joe Biden, as a private citizen receiving equity in a chinese company was illegal...then you clearly said that the "bribes for the big guy" you referred to were not illegal.

You didn't answer the question of what else do they have to sell? Hunter's knowledge of Ukrainian energy law. Hunter admitted that he got the job because of his name, why can't you?

For someone who seems to absolutely lose his mind when someone asks you a clarifying question because they are putting words in your mouth, you seem to have no trouble doing it to others. I never once said that Hunter didn't get his job at Burisma because of his name. But, someone hiring Hunter Biden because his father is the Vice President does not equal influence peddling. That would require them getting something in the way of US policy that benefits them as a result of hiring Hunter Biden. And what, exactly, did Burisma get in the way of US policy? They got Hunter Biden's father, in their country, demanding that the Ukranian government fire their head prosecutor because he was protecting the CEO of the company that Hunter Biden worked for. Not really much of a benefit for them was it?

Depends on what you mean by "examples." If you mean a check for a million dollars written to the Bidens that says in the comments "Bribe for Lenient Treatment of Chinese encroachment on U.S. Territory," then of course there will be no such evidence. When does bribery ever work that way.

I mean...anything. Can you point to any policy decisions that Joe Biden made that correspond to money or benefits paid to him or his family members?

The spy balloon, huh? You honestly think that Joe Biden's family got millions of dollars and all they got for it was the ability to fly a spy balloon over the country? By the way, if that's an example, can you point to the payment or benefit that occurred for that?

If the first two examples are true, and I hope you understand the "if" in that sentence, how can you prove a connection?

That's fair. I guess I should have said something like those were "actual examples of what appears (on the surface, at least) to actually be influence peddling" instead of saying that they were definitely influence peddling. I'll try to word it better in the future.

Kushner had a real estate development to invest in.
    Yes, he did, and he was about to lose a property he paid millions for. He tried to get Qatar to invest in that property, and they refused. He then began advising Trump to enact a blockade on Qatar. Trump did so. When Qatar finally invested in Jared's property, Trump suddenly thought the blockade was a bad idea. There's no reason at all to question the timing on that.

Ivanka had inventions to get patents for (likely someone else's inventions).

True. And, again, I'm sure the timing of her being granted those patents, and Trump lobbying to help a Chinese company that had been selling US technology to Iran shortly after the patents were granted is just a coincidence.

What were the Ukrainians paying Hunter for, exactly?

Again, Hunter said they hired him because his name was Biden.

I don't doubt for one second that Burisma hired Hunter Biden because they thought that having the son of the US vice president on the board would help them out. As I pointed out earlier, it didn't seem to help much, as Hunter's father was involved in getting the prosecutor who was refusing to investigate Burisma's CEO (for crimes that occurred long before Hunter joined the board). It's no coincidence that the CEO fled Ukraine to Russia right after that prosecutor was fired.

You have that from an American source?

I'm of the same mind. Sure, his resort is a lot better accommodation than any other imprisoned person gets, but Trump's hell on Earth is any place that he's isolated from throngs of people showing adoration for him.

Generally when someone is under house arrest they are only allowed visits from close family and they aren't allowed to travel offsite without permission on a case by case basis. If convicted and placed under house arrest, I don't think they'd allow even Trump to have social gatherings or attend social gatherings. That's his worst nightmare because of his NPD. His life has no meaning to him without being surrounded by people expressing adoration for him.

If he ends up under house arrest at Mar-a-Lago, I think his movements would be restricted to just the residence area and not allowed to mingle with any guests. He would probably still have a secret service detail assigned to not only protect him, but also to make sure he complies with the court ordered house arrest.
    I don’t think house arrest would be sufficient. He has just ordered the House to censure Adam Schiff, which they failed to do a few days ago, and all the GOP tucked their tales and did his bidding. They won’t censure George Santos, or the members who run around with white supremacists, but they will lie about Schiff. They know it’s wrong but they did it anyway to please Trump. Anything other than prison will leave him the ability to snap his fingers and the GOP will all jump.

I don’t think house arrest would be sufficient. He has just ordered the House to censure Adam Schiff, which they failed to do a few days ago, and all the GOP tucked their tales and did his bidding. They won’t censure George Santos, or the members who run around with white supremacists, but they will lie about Schiff. They know it’s wrong but they did it anyway to please Trump. Anything other than prison will leave him the ability to snap his fingers and the GOP will all jump.
    I understand the truth to what you said. Unfortunately, I don't think being in prison would change that. Crime bosses are able to send out instructions even when in maximum security prisons. I don't think Trump would be put in a maximum security prison, so I don't think he'd have any trouble issuing orders to people from prison.

Sure. Let me pull up the receipts.
    1097 -- you said: "I'll be impressed when they charge him for the bribes for the big Guy."
    1099 -- I asked: "What evidence is there of these "bribes for the big guy"
    1102 -- you mentioned a May 2017 email referencing "10 held by H for the big guy"
    1104 -- I pointed out that in May 2017 Joe Biden was a private citizen, and asked what law would be violated by private citizen Joe Biden receiving equity in a chinese company.
    1105 -- you said "I don't believe I that I said that private citizen Joe Biden receiving equity in a Chinese energy company violated a law."

So, if the "bribes for the big guy" referred to an email from 2017, and in 2017 Joe Biden was a private citizen, and you didn't say that Joe Biden, as a private citizen receiving equity in a chinese company was illegal...then you clearly said that the "bribes for the big guy" you referred to were not illegal.
    I thought that would be your reasoning.

I chose my words carefully, knowing how you like to parse sentences. Let's parse that one:
    I don't believe I that I said that private citizen Joe Biden receiving equity in a Chinese energy company violated a law.
    Since I indeed never said that, that is a true sentence. Of course the stand-alone act of receiving equity in a Chinese energy company does not violate the law.

You erred in assuming that you could cherry pick one fact out of the article and then ask me a question as if I were the one focusing on that one fact. Since I quoted the part of the article that I actually focused on, you had no reason to jump to the conclusion that I thought receiving equity in a Chinese energy company was the bribery. Here is what I quoted in post 1102:

Data purportedly from a laptop that allegedly belonged to Hunter Biden included a May 2017 email from one of his business partners laying out how percentages of equity from a proposed venture with a Chinese energy company could be divided. One line of that email asks the question, “10 held by H for the big guy?”

Here is a screenshot of it.

1687398910338.png

I also never said that Joe Biden receiving equity in a Chinese energy company was in and of itself bribery. It certainly appears to be shady with the coded reference to both Hunter and Joe Biden. Bribery has several moving parts, and with the Bidens having so many shell companies, it would be nearly impossible to pin it down, even if the DOJ was interested.

For example, it would also not be bribery for Hunter Biden to be handed a sackful of $100 bills in stacks of ten thousand, and give 10% to the Big Guy. It's bribery when whoever gave them the equity in the company or the sack of money do it for the purpose of influencing the Biden family to act in a certain way.

Using the oft-cited Occam's razor, I conclude that that was the purpose of the energy equity
    For someone who seems to absolutely lose his mind when someone asks you a clarifying question because they are putting words in your mouth, you seem to have no trouble doing it to others.
    I could have asked an open ended clarifying question, like "what do you think the Chinese and the Ukrainians and any other foreign companies are paying Hunter Biden for?" It would have been more polite.

But, it isn't about asking a clarifying question. It's about you claiming I said something that I did not say, as you have done twice in this thread.

No, I did not say that.

So, either you were saying that he did something illegal, or you were saying that you wanted him prosecuted for something that was not illegal.
    No, I did not say either one of those things..

This is what I mean by putting words in my mouth, and I hope you get it now. Making the generous assumption that you haven't been clowning me the whole time.

Full, you're a smart guy. I enjoy debating you but not when it goes that way. Even if you've been clowning me, I have to give you credit because it's been pretty clever clowning. I hope not though.

I'll get to the rest of your post after I see your response to the above.

Attachments

• 1687396920635.png
      1687396920635.png
      110.1 KB · Views: 82
    Last edited:
    I also never said that Joe Biden receiving equity in a Chinese energy company was in and of itself bribery. It certainly appears to be shady with the coded reference to both Hunter and Joe Biden.

No, you only said that the email referring to that equity is the proof of the bribery you mentioned.

So, we are right back where we started. You said that you would be impressed if the DOJ prosecuted the Bidens for bribery, yet you have not provided any proof of the bribery you want them prosecuted for.

Bribery has several moving parts, and with the Bidens having so many shell companies, it would be nearly impossible to pin it down, even if the DOJ was interested.

For example, it would also not be bribery for Hunter Biden to be handed a sackful of $100 bills in stacks of ten thousand, and give 10% to the Big Guy. It's bribery when whoever gave them the equity in the company or the sack of money do it for the purpose of influencing the Biden family to act in a certain way.

Which again, you haven't even hinted at happening. You haven't provided any kind of actions by Biden that would be his reciprocation for the bribe that you want him prosecuted for.

I could have asked an open ended clarifying question, like "what do you think the Chinese and the Ukrainians and any other foreign companies are paying Hunter Biden for?" It would have been more polite.

And, I would have answered that they are likely giving him work because they think it will buy them influence with Joe Biden. That happens all the time. I'm certain that Donald Trump's businesses got plenty of business from foreign leaders thinking that would carry weight with the president. The issue at hand is whether or not they actually got that influence.

No, I did not say that.

You may not have said those exact words, but that is what you, in essence said. But, if you deny it, help me understand. You have said multiple times that Biden accepted bribes, and in this particular post, you said that accepting a bribe involves payment AND some kind of return for that payment. So, when you say Biden accepted bribes, what payments did he receive and what actions did those individuals receive for that payment?

This is what I mean by putting words in my mouth, and I hope you get it now. Making the generous assumption that you haven't been clowning me the whole time.

No, that's not at all the same thing. When you make a statement, and I ask if you if you meant x, that is a clarifying question. You asking why I won't admit something that we never discussed is something completely different.

Full, you're a smart guy. I enjoy debating you but not when it goes that way. Even if you've been clowning me, I have to give you credit because it's been pretty clever clowning. I hope not though.

No, I'm not clowning you...not really. I'm simply wasting time pointing out how silly you are, I guess you might consider that clowning you. You constantly make claims that are false and illogical, and when you are asked about them, you deny making those claims, and make a completely different claim. Its hilarious watching you try to twist yourself to somehow change your entire statement in the face of the actual words you say.

Trump actually leased a building in DC, turned it into a hotel and used it to extract money from all sorts of foreign governments and other groups hoping to curry favor with his Administration. Some groups rented out multiple rooms they didn’t need.

He wasn’t even subtle about it. The hotel closed right after he left office. I’m sure that was just an unlucky coincidence though.

We don’t know if any favors were given but we do know that hotel was packed with foreign delegations and others looking to get Trump‘s attention. Smells like 3 day old fish.

Edit: so using Sack’s corollary, this would be considered evidence of bribery, correct? 😀

Last edited:
    No, you only said that the email referring to that equity is the proof of the bribery you mentioned.
    Nope.

The link I posted was in answer to this:

Post 1099:

So..what evidence is there if these “bribes for the big guy”?

I never said it was proof. Evidence is different from proof, as of course you know.

Third time telling me that I said something that I didn't say in this one thread.

Instead of making up things that I said, arguing against what you made up, and then insisting that I said what you made up, here's an idea:

Get a sock. They seem pretty popular. But instead of having the sock jump in to defend you, have the sock say things that you want to say he is wrong for saying. That way, when you say, "so you are saying . . . " you'll be right, because that will be what you had your sock say!

Last edited:
    ICYMI.

Proof is synonymous with evidence.
    Definition of evidence

as in proof
    something presented in support of the truth or accuracy of a claimdo you have any evidencethat this bike is yours?
    Synonyms & Similar Words
    Relevance

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom