Federal criminal investigation Hunter Biden focuses on his business dealings (Update: DOJ appoints special counsel) (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
    Not open for further replies.

SaintForLife

Reaction score
    Hunter Biden received a $3.5 million wire transfer from Elena Baturina, the richest woman in Russia and the widow of Yury Luzhkov, the former mayor of Moscow, Senate Republicans revealed in their report on the younger Biden’s work in Ukraine.

Baturina is referenced in the 87-page report, which was released Wednesday, addressing her payment to Biden’s investment firm in early 2014.

“Baturina became Russia’s only female billionaire when her plastics company, Inteko, received a series of Moscow municipal contracts while her husband was mayor,” it said in providing background on the businesswoman.

The report described her involvement with Biden as “a financial relationship,” but declined to delve deeper into why the wire transfer was made.

The probe also found that Baturina sent 11 wires transfers between May and December 2015 to a bank account belonging to BAK USA, a tech startup that filed for bankruptcy in March 2019.

Nine of those 11 wire transfers were first sent to Rosemont Seneca Partners, the investment firm founded by Biden and Chris Heinz, stepson of former Secretary of State John Kerry, before being transferred to BAK USA.

We all know their is massive corruption on both sides of the aisle. Here is an alleged allegation against Hunter Biden who was allegedly enriching himself because his Dad was Vice President.

I think Giuliani and Bannon played this all wrong. The Burisma stuff isn’t what they should have led with. They should have said Joe is owned by China because they have compromising video of his only remaining son. Next they should have said they will be releasing all the China bribery material so that if Joe wins he can’t be under China’s thumb because it’s all out there.

Heres the kind of weird political thing. I don’t think impeachment helped Biden in the sense that Trump was impeached. I do think it helped him in terms of litigating the whole Burisma thing long before the election. Don’t get me wrong, Joe didn’t do anything wrong with Burisma. However, we all know questions can be just as politically damaging as facts in today’s environment.

if Burisma would have first hit the American consciousness a month ago, I think it could have effected the election. Since it hit it a long time ago, it’s a complete non-issue. To play on a famous quote, why politics happen the way it do?

It appears that ole Vlad can see the electoral writing on the wall:

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Sunday that he saw nothing criminal in Hunter Biden’s past business ties with Ukraine or Russia, marking out his disagreement with one of Donald Trump’s attack lines in the U.S. presidential election.
    Putin, who has praised Trump in the past for saying he wanted better ties with Moscow, has said Russia will work with any U.S. leader, while noting what he called Joe Biden’s “sharp anti-Russian rhetoric”.

Putin appeared less friendly towards Trump in remarks broadcast by Russian state TV on Sunday. In what may be seen by some analysts as an attempt to try to curry favour with the Biden camp, he took the time to knock down what he made clear he regarded as false allegations from Trump about the Bidens.

“But well yes he had at least one company, which he practically headed up, and judging from everything he made good money. I don’t see anything criminal about this, at least we don’t know anything about this (being criminal).”

It appears that ole Vlad can see the electoral writing on the wall:

If ever there was a canary choking to death in the coal mine...

Although, Putin saying you're not corrupt isn't exactly a ringing endorsement. :hihi:

It’s all rumor and innuendo from some very slimy people. Strassel exposes herself as a partisan. Not a true journalist, at all, she’s there to push a narrative.

I'm not sure if we're discussing the probability that there is actually Biden corruption or that media covers different stories differently.

I think we all agree that not every story is worth covering, so the question is does this one rise to the same level as other stories that were covered more vigorously by "the media" - really meaning CNN, MSNBC, NYT, etc....

On the surface, this story seems obviously too thin to report on seriously, so I'd be curious to try to do a comparison between this story and some negative Trump story that was as obviously thin.
    It was so thin, Fox News passed on reporting it. They waited for the NY Post to report on it, then they just reported that another news org reported it. It seems like, the whole issue, is that none of it is verifiable.

Further more, even if it was, is there anything wrong about it? Oh no, a kid is cashing in on Dad's name? That's how Donald got his fortune. That's how Eric, Don Jr and Ivanka have their money. You think Chelsea Clinton didn't benefit from connections and knowing people? You think GW Bush didn't benefit from his Father?

So, where's the beef?

You sure like to do a lot of lecturing for a demoted administrator/moderator. Don't you know you are supposed to make your posts about the subject and not the poster?
    Might want to look in the mirror with that post. Isn't that what you just did?

And to quote a Saints' coach of the past... "you think you know, but you don't know"

And to quote a Saints' coach of the past... "you think you know, but you don't know"

It is generally a good idea to have as much information as possible before making any sort of declaration like that (assuming that it's even a good one to make in the first place, and I don't think that one was). In this case, and others, as you point out the poster is not going to even have access to much of the information to draw that conclusion. So it's probably best to steer clear of making that kind of assumption.

Should an official WH lawyer be involved?

Sounds like they were trying hard to get this 'story' out and no one would bite.

I'd hate for every bit of unverifiable gossip to be a story. And I realize, a lot of gossip always comes out of the White House, especially now. I'd like to think that reporters know the sources and go with their gut to trust them, vs just blindly writing.

Should an official WH lawyer be involved?

Sounds like they were trying hard to get this 'story' out and no one would bite.

I'd hate for every bit of unverifiable gossip to be a story. And I realize, a lot of gossip always comes out of the White House, especially now. I'd like to think that reporters know the sources and go with their gut to trust them, vs just blindly writing.

Veracity doesnt matter to Trump and his minions. They wanted the story out there because they know they have about 30% of the population that will believe it to be true and then will peddle this misinformation widely and repeatedly, in hopes to cast doubt where none should be cast.

They have learned that repeated lies will eventually create some areas of gray and look to turn off fence straddling voters.

aint working in 2020. 70% of the electorate has simply had enough.

Veracity doesnt matter to Trump and his minions. They wanted the story out there because they know they have about 30% of the population that will believe it to be true and then will peddle this misinformation widely and repeatedly, in hopes to cast doubt where none should be cast.

They have learned that repeated lies will eventually create some areas of gray and look to turn off fence straddling voters.

aint working in 2020. 70% of the electorate has simply had enough.
    It is a weird dynamic.

I get the whole thought process of "they sit on stories that hurt their guy". I get that type of skepticism or paranoia.

However, to complain that the media reports on too many gossip type stories and what they consider "unverified", to then demand that other non verifiable stories be widely distributed is just counter intuitive to me.

If that's the case, then your point isn't fairness, or journalistic integrity, but revenge.

It is a weird dynamic.

I get the whole thought process of "they sit on stories that hurt their guy". I get that type of skepticism or paranoia.

However, to complain that the media reports on too many gossip type stories and what they consider "unverified", to then demand that other non verifiable stories be widely distributed is just counter intuitive to me.

If that's the case, then your point isn't fairness, or journalistic integrity, but revenge.

Thats all its ever been for Trump. Damage/discredit those that oppose or speak out against you.

The guy is on record stating as such.

He told Leslie Stahl why he coined the phrase "fake news" and when she told him that to his FACE, he didnt deny. He simply transitioned into something else totally.

con man.

I'm seeing some true believer friends of mine stabbing Lindsey Graham in the back (he deserves it) for putting off the subpoenas of the big tech companies for "quashing" the biden laptop story.

This is pure cannibalism.

I'm seeing some true believer friends of mine stabbing Lindsey Graham in the back (he deserves it) for putting off the subpoenas of the big tech companies for "quashing" the biden laptop story.

This is pure cannibalism.

I can't talk politics other than here. Anytime I do try, all I hear is misinformed talking points and people talking batshirt crazy theories that have no grounding in reality. I can't wait for this election season to be over.

It won't, but I'm just hoping the vitriol won't be as bad. I dunno. It's just been something I intentionally avoid. But yeah, I guess people wising up is too much to ask for these days.
    I honestly think it will get worse. If Trump loses, think of what he will say completely unrestrained -- not that he exercised much restraint the last four years -- as a private citizen.

Last edited:
    I can

I honestly think it will get worse. If Trump loses, think of what he will say completely unrestrained -- not that he exercised much restraint the last four years -- as a private citizen.

I think a lot conservatives will frankly be relieved if Trump loses. Even a good percentage who are supporting him only because they don't know how to vote Democrat.

If Biden gets elected, I'm really hoping he'll embrace reasoned and pragmatic rhetoric. That would be a welcome change of pace.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom