Elon Musk and Twitter Reach Deal for Sale (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SaintForLife

Reaction score
    Elon Musk struck a deal on Monday to buy Twitter for roughly $44 billion, in a victory by the world’s richest man to take over the influential social network frequented by world leaders, celebrities and cultural trendsetters.

Twitter agreed to sell itself to Mr. Musk for $54.20 a share, a 38 percent premium over the company’s share price this month before he revealed he was the firm’s single largest shareholder. It would be the largest deal to take a company private — something Mr. Musk has said he will do with Twitter — in at least two decades, according to data compiled by Dealogic.

“Free speech is the bedrock of a functioning democracy, and Twitter is the digital town square where matters vital to the future of humanity are debated,” Mr. Musk said in a statement announcing the deal. “Twitter has tremendous potential — I look forward to working with the company and the community of users to unlock it.”

The deal, which has been unanimously approved by Twitter’s board, is expected to close this year, subject to a vote of Twitter shareholders and certain regulatory approvals.

The blockbuster agreement caps what had seemed an improbable attempt by the famously mercurial Mr. Musk, 50, to buy the social media company — and immediately raises questions about what he will do with the platform and how his actions will affect online speech globally.

If Musk does what he claims he wants to do it will be a big improvement and good for free speech.

El, did you listen to it? Not just the snippet?

It’s disgusting to act like this is somehow showing senility. He is talking about being in ICU after a craniotomy and a special RN who made sure he could hear her, who made sure he had a comfortable pillow. He had a point, and he got to it. He’s always talked this way. He’s always rambled.

Disgusting to act like this shows any senility at all. Disgustingly partisan, disgusting to people who actually suffer from senility.

I’m now six minutes in, and he is discussing policy cogently. Did you even listen?

He is still far and away better than anything I have seen from Rs. The treason party.
    Agreed, he is better than anything I have seen from the Rs, but then, that’s like saying I would prefer a turd sandwich to a bowl of vomit.

We have to elect better people y’all.

Agreed, he is better than anything I have seen from the Rs, but then, that’s like saying I would prefer a turd sandwich to a bowl of vomit.

We have to elect better people y’all.
    I’m perfectly fine with Biden, happy that I voted for him. He’s doing a very competent job, especially with foreign policy. He has actually seen some legislative accomplishments as well.

I’m perfectly fine with Biden, happy that I voted for him. He’s doing a very competent job, especially with foreign policy. He has actually seen some legislative accomplishments as well.

Biden has been a welcome surprise as a progressive. He did a lot of things I thought Obama was going to do. His only real dark spot so far was the railroad negotiations.

I still think it's going to be Biden vs Trump rematch.

Trump vs Biden part 2. The winner will either be the Democrat or a Republican Party. The loser will be America.

At some point we have to come to our senses and either vote in better people.

Biden has been a welcome surprise as a progressive. He did a lot of things I thought Obama was going to do. His only real dark spot so far was the railroad negotiations.

I still think it's going to be Biden vs Trump rematch.
    Yeah, unless the “normal” Rs come to their senses, they will end up with Trump as the nominee.

Trump vs Biden part 2. The winner will either be the Democrat or a Republican Party. The loser will be America.

At some point we have to come to our senses and either vote in better people.

I'll admit he's not a fiery orator but I've been impressed with Biden so far. Especially considering the clusterfork he was handed.

With two years of pent-up demand and supply chain issues from Asia to Zimbabwe, inflation was inevitable. Blaming it...well, assigning blame in the first place is dumb because it's a sign of progress...but blaming it on Biden is like blaming him for the weather.

Yeah, unless the “normal” Rs come to their senses, they will end up with Trump as the nominee.

I'm not even sure who the "normal" Rs are anymore, I think a lot of them are no longer rational. A vote for DeSantis is probably as bad or worse as a vote for Trump.....I don't see a moderate R coming out of the R party anytime soon....

Not really, unless you think authoritarianism and religious states are about the same as democracy.
    If the only real options are Trump and Biden, you can probably expect voter turnout to look like a New Orleans mayoral election.

That shirts not moving anyone in the direction of the polls.

Care to give any context here? Your Twitter feed is absolute garbage, BTW.
    His Twitter feed is garbage, but you retweeted one of the Krassenstein's in another thread? 😆

You should stop lecturing people about the sources they post and their Twitter feeds. Glass houses and all.

His Twitter feed is garbage, but you retweeted one of the Krassenstein's in another thread? 😆

You should stop lecturing people about the sources they post and their Twitter feeds. Glass houses and all.
    I don’t even know who that is. If I see something I agree with, I may post it. I don’t retweet anything, though, so I think you’re confused.

When did I post said tweet and what did it say? Why was what it said wrong? If you are going to accuse me of posting something that’s wrong - let‘s see it. Pull it up or shut up about it.

Sort of an odd choice for you to defend the crap that el posted, I thought you objected to video snippets that are misleading? Guess you like them if they say what you want to believe.

If the only real options are Trump and Biden, you can probably expect voter turnout to look like a New Orleans mayoral election.

That shirts not moving anyone in the direction of the polls.
    Well, the record turnout in 2020 would like a word with you…

I don’t even know who that is. If I see something I agree with, I may post it. I don’t retweet anything, though, so I think you’re confused.

When did I post said tweet and what did it say? Why was what it said wrong? If you are going to accuse me of posting something that’s wrong - let‘s see it. Pull it up or shut up about it.

Sort of an odd choice for you to defend the crap that el posted, I thought you objected to video snippets that are misleading? Guess you like them if they say what you want to believe.
    I meant that you posted the tweet and not retweeted it. Expect if you are going to act like a message board hall monitor then don't be surprised if people will call you out if you are being hypocritical. You said his Twiiter feed is garbage while you had just posted something from a literal fraud.

I'm not taking issue with what you posted. Just the hypocrisy.

Can you show that video he posted was misleading or out of context? If not then don't claim it is misleading. The video seemed fine to me. It was just showing Biden telling a really weird story that most likely isn't true.

I meant that you posted the tweet and not retweeted it. Expect if you are going to act like a message board hall monitor then don't be surprised if people will call you out if you are being hypocritical. You said his Twiiter feed is garbage while you had just posted something from a literal fraud.

I'm not taking issue with what you posted. Just the hypocrisy.

Can you show that video he posted was misleading or out of context? If not then don't claim it is misleading. The video seemed fine to me. It was just showing Biden telling a really weird story that most likely isn't true.
    It was just as misleading as any tweets you have objected to by Rupar. Just so you know, I have Rupar blocked, and I seriously doubt I have posted anything from him in a long time. That doesn’t stop you from scolding me for posting him almost every day.

Still wanting to see the tweet that you objected to. Oh, wait you don’t actually object to what the tweet says. You were just chiding me for posting something from someone you think is a bad person.

But do go on about me being a message board monitor. That’s certainly something you never do.

Good lord! Irony is dead, dead, dead. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

It was just as misleading as any tweets you have objected to by Rupar. Just so you know, I have Rupar blocked, and I seriously doubt I have posted anything from him in a long time. That doesn’t stop you from scolding me for posting him almost every day.

Still wanting to see the tweet that you objected to. Oh, wait you don’t actually object to what the tweet says. You were just chiding me for posting something from someone you think is a bad person.

But do go on about me being a message board monitor. That’s certainly something you never do.

Good lord! Irony is dead, dead, dead. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️
    I’m still trying to find the part that was misleading. He vomited out that word salad, right?

I’m still trying to find the part that was misleading. He vomited out that word salad, right?
    Well, did you listen to the actual clip? He explains what he is referring to - which wasn’t included. And then after your clip stops, he finishes the point about nurses providing great care to people who are extremely ill.

So your clip was devoid of the context, and cuts off parts that would make it make more sense. This is exactly what SFL has railed against when people do it to Trump. Yet, he now defends it. Shocker!

It also wasn’t part of a speech. It was a personal aside to someone. He was talking to a particular person off stage and relating his experience in ICU. He does stumble over words, but he always has.

And if you would continue to watch the clip, he moves on to his remarks and does a really good job of discussing policy. He has a command of policy that is just fine. It strikes me that the constant painting of Biden as having dementia is just partisan smears. It’s “get even” for people making fun of Trump. Just juvenile and stupid.

Well, did you listen to the actual clip? He explains what he is referring to - which wasn’t included. And then after your clip stops, he finishes the point about nurses providing great care to people who are extremely ill.

So your clip was devoid of the context, and cuts off parts that would make it make more sense. This is exactly what SFL has railed against when people do it to Trump. Yet, he now defends it. Shocker!

It also wasn’t part of a speech. It was a personal aside to someone. He was talking to a particular person off stage and relating his experience in ICU. He does stumble over words, but he always has.

And if you would continue to watch the clip, he moves on to his remarks and does a really good job of discussing policy. He has a command of policy that is just fine. It strikes me that the constant painting of Biden as having dementia is just partisan smears. It’s “get even” for people making fun of Trump. Just juvenile and stupid.
    So he didn’t say it? You don’t have to go deep into his speech to hear this (I think it only starts at like 1:00 into the clip). The context isn’t missing, he cared a great deal for his nurse at Walter Reed. He just described it like in a way that is becoming pretty common for him.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom