Elon Musk and Twitter Reach Deal for Sale (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SaintForLife

Reaction score
    Elon Musk struck a deal on Monday to buy Twitter for roughly $44 billion, in a victory by the world’s richest man to take over the influential social network frequented by world leaders, celebrities and cultural trendsetters.

Twitter agreed to sell itself to Mr. Musk for $54.20 a share, a 38 percent premium over the company’s share price this month before he revealed he was the firm’s single largest shareholder. It would be the largest deal to take a company private — something Mr. Musk has said he will do with Twitter — in at least two decades, according to data compiled by Dealogic.

“Free speech is the bedrock of a functioning democracy, and Twitter is the digital town square where matters vital to the future of humanity are debated,” Mr. Musk said in a statement announcing the deal. “Twitter has tremendous potential — I look forward to working with the company and the community of users to unlock it.”

The deal, which has been unanimously approved by Twitter’s board, is expected to close this year, subject to a vote of Twitter shareholders and certain regulatory approvals.

The blockbuster agreement caps what had seemed an improbable attempt by the famously mercurial Mr. Musk, 50, to buy the social media company — and immediately raises questions about what he will do with the platform and how his actions will affect online speech globally.

If Musk does what he claims he wants to do it will be a big improvement and good for free speech.

My pardon Coldseat, Cuddle Monkey told me what you meant, when you said what you said.

I guess I’m alone in thinking that politicians lie, and can’t be trusted. It’s a cold and lonely world sometimes.

My pardon Coldseat, Cuddle Monkey told me what you meant, when you said what you said.

I guess I’m alone in thinking that politicians lie, and can’t be trusted. It’s a cold and lonely world sometimes.

Everybody lies to some extent, whether falsehood, half truth, omission, hyperbole, etc. but not all lies are equal.

Oh woe is me. What is it with you and others here that act like the country can't survive if people are exposed to lies. Why is the left so scared of hearing things they don't like, they don't believe or that they think are hateful? And you guys accuse others of supporting authoritarianism.
    Just look at what happened on Jan 6th A DIRECT RESULT OF A LIE.
    Luckily they were idiots and morons, Those same morons still believe that lie.
    Hell, they had to really tell people not to drink bleach to prevent Covid.
    of course the country can survive lies, but the one big lie led to an a failed insurrection..

So, you are supporting medical disinformation that causes needless death? Good to know….
    Many of the things that people claimed were disinformation turned out to be true:

-The vaccine wouldn't stop the spread- True
    -Natural Immunity provides the same protection as the vaccine-True
    -Covid was a lab leak- Possibly True
    -Surgical Masks don't work against Covid- True
    -Outdoor dining towards the beginning of Covid was safe- True
    -A healthy 20 year old male who already got covid didn't need boosters- True
    -Hospitals are overcounting deaths- True

The misinformation or disinformation experts are all frauds. There isn't a course or degree that would enable a particular person to be able to better determine what is and isn't true. It's all a guise to push censorship of views they don't like

Many of the things that people claimed were disinformation turned out to be true:

The misinformation or disinformation experts are all frauds. There isn't a course or degree that would enable a particular person to be able to better determine what is and isn't true. It's all a guise to push censorship of views they don't like
    It stops the worst results.
    Natural immunity is not widespread and is not the same as herd immunity.
    Possibly true. Why did Trump pull the CDC team from Wuhan?
    The next time your spouse has surgery tell the surgeon not to wear a mask. The mask prevents or slows YOU from spreading disease.
    Provide link.
    Untrue. Provide link.
    Untrue. Provide link.

Finally, untrue. You simply don’t like being called out on it.

I think people should assume most politicians are liars until proven otherwise.

Just look at what happened on Jan 6th A DIRECT RESULT OF A LIE.
    Luckily they were idiots and morons, Those same morons still believe that lie.
    Hell, they had to really tell people not to drink bleach to prevent Covid.
    of course the country can survive lies, but the one big lie led to an a failed insurrection..
    The Democrats and the corporate media pushed the lie that Trump was a Russian agent/asset for 4 years. Do you hear people on the right calling for censorship based on that?

The Democrats and the corporate media pushed the lie that Trump was a Russian agent/asset for 4 years. Do you hear people on the right calling for censorship based on that?
    Yup, Trump himself.

Yes!!! Trump himself has promised to punish the free press if re-elected. He actually tried to censor his critics while he was president - he directed the FCC to investigate Colbert, he had Administration officials call Disney to pressure them about Kimmel. He tried to get the DOJ to punish his critics, and he very likely had the IRS do their worst type of audit on 2 people he considered his enemies in FBI and the private sector.

This is how we know you’re not serious about your concerns, because for everything you think the democrats and Biden have done - the GOP and Trump have done far, far worse. Yet, we hear crickets from you about these real issues and forced outrage about suspicions and conspiracy theories.

It’s entirely unknown at this point how much of an asset Trump was/is. There is no doubt that he is slavish toward Putin (get it, lol?), that he believes Putin’s word over US government sources, and that he would defer to Putin were he re-elected. It’s safe to say he was a Russian asset - they certainly considered him that - even if it was unwitting. These are just facts.

Oh woe is me. What is it with you and others here that act like the country can't survive if people are exposed to lies. Why is the left so scared of hearing things they don't like, they don't believe or that they think are hateful? And you guys accuse others of supporting authoritarianism.
    We're not scared of hearing lies. We're scared of what the morons on the right who believe them do.

The vaccine would have stopped the spread if it were released in time. But the virus mutated into Delta and was able to escape.
    Even if it does, "the same" immunity from a vaccine wears off and needs a booster. So unless you plan on getting COVID every 3 months or so, you're gonna need a vaccine.
    Yea, but probably not true.
    False. They aren't perfect, but they do reduce spread, and there's study upon study proving that.
    True, but I'm not sure who was arguing against this?
    Until his natural immunity wore off, he got COVID again, and died.
    False.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom