Elon Musk and Twitter Reach Deal for Sale (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SaintForLife

Reaction score
    Elon Musk struck a deal on Monday to buy Twitter for roughly $44 billion, in a victory by the world’s richest man to take over the influential social network frequented by world leaders, celebrities and cultural trendsetters.

Twitter agreed to sell itself to Mr. Musk for $54.20 a share, a 38 percent premium over the company’s share price this month before he revealed he was the firm’s single largest shareholder. It would be the largest deal to take a company private — something Mr. Musk has said he will do with Twitter — in at least two decades, according to data compiled by Dealogic.

“Free speech is the bedrock of a functioning democracy, and Twitter is the digital town square where matters vital to the future of humanity are debated,” Mr. Musk said in a statement announcing the deal. “Twitter has tremendous potential — I look forward to working with the company and the community of users to unlock it.”

The deal, which has been unanimously approved by Twitter’s board, is expected to close this year, subject to a vote of Twitter shareholders and certain regulatory approvals.

The blockbuster agreement caps what had seemed an improbable attempt by the famously mercurial Mr. Musk, 50, to buy the social media company — and immediately raises questions about what he will do with the platform and how his actions will affect online speech globally.

If Musk does what he claims he wants to do it will be a big improvement and good for free speech.

Missouri v. Biden was filed by the attorneys general of Missouri and Louisiana on May 5, 2022. The Court granted their motion for discovery on July 12, 2022, clearing the way for Missouri and Louisiana to gather documents and depose witnesses from the Biden Administration.

Hmm, I don't see the State of Louisiana anywhere on that court order. The State of Missouri was clearly the lead prosecutor even if the Louisiana AG was in agreement. Why not file it in his own state?

This is all performative political nonsense anyway. You should be able to recognize that.
    1000004527.gif

I think you are the past master of this anyway. My noting that you are citing an obviously performative lawsuit done to score political brownie points, that hasn’t even been ruled on yet isn’t moving any goalposts.

Goalpost moving would be more like saying that “courts have ruled” that the Biden Administration has violated the First Amendment for social media, and then when called out on it posting a link to a lawsuit that hasn’t even gotten to the discovery phase.

There’s your logical fallacy right there.

Good lord, Musk is violating terms of his government contract in Taiwan as well?

...United States District Court for the Western District of Louisiana...
    The Supreme Court is a higher court than the United States District Court for the Western District of Louisiana is it not?

Has the Supreme Court ruled on the matter? I didn't think so.

2 courts out of the entire federal and state circuit of courts doesn't qualified as "the courts have ruled," especially before the final appeal to the Supreme Court has not been decided.

Weren't you the guy who insisted the FBI 1023 proved the Bidens were peddling influence? You're very prone to premature declarations.

The Supreme Court is a higher court than the United States District Court for the Western District of Louisiana is it not?
    Are you arguing with yourself? I never said anything about that.
    Has the Supreme Court ruled on the matter? I didn't think so.
    I've claimed that they did.
    2 courts out of the entire federal and state circuit of courts doesn't qualified as "the courts have ruled," especially before the final appeal to the Supreme Court has not been decided.
    Ah moving the goalposts.

I said this which is accurate:

The courts have said pressuring social media companies to censor is a violation of the 1st ammendment...

You said this:

No, "courts" have not. Only one court has ruled that and that decision is now at the Supreme court, so the issue has not been settled yet by "the courts."

Why not just say you didn't realize two courts have ruled on the case instead of moving the goalposts and making things up?

I'm aware that the case is at the Supreme Court and I didn't claim the matter was settled.

I think you are the past master of this anyway. My noting that you are citing an obviously performative lawsuit done to score political brownie points, that hasn’t even been ruled on yet isn’t moving any goalposts.

Goalpost moving would be more like saying that “courts have ruled” that the Biden Administration has violated the First Amendment for social media, and then when called out on it posting a link to a lawsuit that hasn’t even gotten to the discovery phase.

There’s your logical fallacy right there.
    Performative lawsuit? The 5th Circuit also agreed that the Biden Administration violated the 1st ammendment. 2 different courts said he did. The Supreme Court will most likely say that the Biden Administration violated the 1st ammendment.

The Supreme Court will most likely say that the Biden Administration violated the 1st ammendment.
    They either will or they won't. As things stand right now, the issue has not been settled in the courts That's what I've been pointing out.

If the Supreme Court rules the way you think they will, then for profit, social sites on the internet would become a very, very unhealthy place and I'd be even more thankful for this site and how Andrus runs it.

What a huge baby he is! 🤦‍♀️🤡

Not only is he a baby, he is a great promoter of Don Lemon's interview with him.

Not really a Don Lemon fan, and probably would not have watched him interview Elon, but now that I know he fired Lemon because of this interview, I will definitely watch it.

More on this
    ===========
    The former CNN anchor Don Lemon announced on Wednesday that Elon Musk had abruptly terminated a deal to exclusively host Lemon’s new talkshow on X, formerly Twitter.

Lemon said in a post on the platform that Musk cancelled the partnership hours after the two of them had filmed an interview, which was set to be part of the show’s debut episode. Lemon said Musk texted him, “contract terminated”.

“His commitment to a global town square where all questions can be asked and all ideas can be shared seems not to include questions of him from people like me,” Lemon said in the post.

Musk did not deny axing Lemon’s show. The billionaire tweeted, “His approach was basically just ‘CNN, but on social media’,’ which doesn’t work, as evidenced by the fact that CNN is dying. And, instead of it being the real Don Lemon, it was really just Jeff Zucker talking through Don, so lacked authenticity. All this said, Lemon/Zucker are of course welcome to build their viewership on this platform along with everyone else.” Musk has previously called himself a “free speech absolutist”.

Lemon stated in his Wednesday post that he would still air the interview with Musk on YouTube and on X, and included the side-eye emoji.

“While Elon goes back on his word, I will be doubling down on my commitment to free speech,” Lemon stated.….

More on this
    ===========
    The former CNN anchor Don Lemon announced on Wednesday that Elon Musk had abruptly terminated a deal to exclusively host Lemon’s new talkshow on X, formerly Twitter.Lemon said in a post on the platform that Musk cancelled the partnership hours after the two of them had filmed an interview, which was set to be part of the show’s debut episode. Lemon said Musk texted him, “contract terminated”.“His commitment to a global town square where all questions can be asked and all ideas can be shared seems not to include questions of him from people like me,” Lemon said in the post.Musk did not deny axing Lemon’s show. The billionaire tweeted, “His approach was basically just ‘CNN, but on social media’,’ which doesn’t work, as evidenced by the fact that CNN is dying. And, instead of it being the real Don Lemon, it was really just Jeff Zucker talking through Don, so lacked authenticity. All this said, Lemon/Zucker are of course welcome to build their viewership on this platform along with everyone else.” Musk has previously called himself a “free speech absolutist”.Lemon stated in his Wednesday post that he would still air the interview with Musk on YouTube and on X, and included the side-eye emoji.“While Elon goes back on his word, I will be doubling down on my commitment to free speech,” Lemon stated.….
    Weak little.. snowflake.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom