Elon Musk and Twitter Reach Deal for Sale (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SaintForLife

Reaction score
    Elon Musk struck a deal on Monday to buy Twitter for roughly $44 billion, in a victory by the world’s richest man to take over the influential social network frequented by world leaders, celebrities and cultural trendsetters.

Twitter agreed to sell itself to Mr. Musk for $54.20 a share, a 38 percent premium over the company’s share price this month before he revealed he was the firm’s single largest shareholder. It would be the largest deal to take a company private — something Mr. Musk has said he will do with Twitter — in at least two decades, according to data compiled by Dealogic.

“Free speech is the bedrock of a functioning democracy, and Twitter is the digital town square where matters vital to the future of humanity are debated,” Mr. Musk said in a statement announcing the deal. “Twitter has tremendous potential — I look forward to working with the company and the community of users to unlock it.”

The deal, which has been unanimously approved by Twitter’s board, is expected to close this year, subject to a vote of Twitter shareholders and certain regulatory approvals.

The blockbuster agreement caps what had seemed an improbable attempt by the famously mercurial Mr. Musk, 50, to buy the social media company — and immediately raises questions about what he will do with the platform and how his actions will affect online speech globally.

If Musk does what he claims he wants to do it will be a big improvement and good for free speech.

Musk his mad he legitimately lost the case on his compensation in court, lol. Now he want to reincorporate in Texas where the MAGA state courts will let him do what he wants. :bigcry:

=================
    Stung by a Delaware court ruling earlier this week that struck down his record Tesla pay package, Elon Musk says he is seeking shareholder approval to incorporate the company in Texas.

Soon after Tuesday’s ruling about his 2018 salary package — worth about $51 billion at current stock prices — Musk put up a poll on X asking if Tesla (TSLA) should move its registration from Delaware to Texas, where it is already headquartered.

Hours later, the Tesla CEO wrote that the “public vote is unequivocally in favor of Texas.” The poll results showed Texas had won the backing of more than 87% of about 1.1 million votes.

Musk added he will now “immediately” seek shareholder approval to incorporate the electric carmaker in the southern state.

Delaware is famously one of the world’s most welcoming places for companies of all kinds and sizes to incorporate for legal and tax purposes. Nearly 70% of Fortune 500 companies are incorporated there.

It is seen as a desirable place to seek approval for mergers and litigate disputes, and doesn’t levy sales tax or tax on profits from intellectual property.

While Musk has not commented directly on the judgment on his pay package, he tweeted Tuesday: “Never incorporate your company in the state of Delaware.”

“I recommend incorporating in Nevada or Texas if you prefer shareholders to decide matters,” he said in another tweet.
    ================

Remember when Musk said he could get rid of the bots on Twitter? Well, there are far more of them now than before he took over. Far more.

The bot problem is so much worse on Twitter under Musk and it appears to be by design. Many of them are straight from Russia. This is one of those, posing as a US Democrat who has “decided” to vote for Trump. The image is from a Russian free picture site, and the phrasing is suspect. The bot also is linked to actual Russians. Not all Russian bots are as clumsy as this one, and they mostly do pay for blue checks, which boosts their messages.

The bot problem is so much worse on Twitter under Musk and it appears to be by design. Many of them are straight from Russia. This is one of those, posing as a US Democrat who has “decided” to vote for Trump. The image is from a Russian free picture site, and the phrasing is suspect. The bot also is linked to actual Russians. Not all Russian bots are as clumsy as this one, and they mostly do pay for blue checks, which boosts their messages.

Oh no. Russian bots. Is the left setting that up for one of the excuses as to why Biden lost to Trump? Everyone knows the playbook. Yall probably should come up with a new one.

I have just shown you an actual Russian bot posing as a US democrat to help Trump.

You post a useful idiot to Putin as a response. We know you are a Russian sympathizer. nobody should pay any attention to anything you have to say. On this or on immigration where you continue to push the straight up propaganda of the replacement theory.

I have just shown you an actual Russian bot posing as a US democrat to help Trump.
    Wow. One Russian bot. That's enough to throw the election to Trump.

But seriously, you know there are bots on every social media platform right?

Why are you only concerned about the Russian bots on X?
    You post a useful idiot to Putin as a response. We know you are a Russian sympathizer. nobody should pay any attention to anything you have to say. On this or on immigration where you continue to push the straight up propaganda of the replacement theory.
    Everyone you disagree with supports Putin! That's something I'd expect from a 12 year old if they followed politics. Democrats election strategy is the replacement theory.

Back to the bots. We've already been over the media and democrats pushing fake Russian bots story. Did you think people forgot about that? Here's the thread on it:

Just quit posting garbage SFL. Nobody believes it.

I post about Twitter because that’s the platform I use most often. It’s where I see the results of what Musk has done. Your defense of Musk is telling on you, actually. And it’s nothing good.

The people you are quoting are pro-Putin. You are pro-Putin and you are pushing a racist theory.

Just quit posting garbage SFL. Nobody believes it.

I post about Twitter because that’s the platform I use most often. It’s where I see the results of what Musk has done. Your defense of Musk is telling on you, actually. And it’s nothing good.

The people you are quoting are pro-Putin. You are pro-Putin and you are pushing a racist theory.
    Boy you got a putin supporter accusation and racist accusation all in one sentence. You should be proud...if you were a 12 year old.

Another vague response from you. Yawn

How is saying the talk about Russian bots were exaggerated and mainly bullshirt a racist theory?

You only care about Russia bots(because you are obsessed with Russia and blame them for everything) and you only care about X and Musk because he dismantled the left's censorship apparatus that you are a big fan of.

Did you forget how the Russian bots story and Hamilton 68 were exposed as frauds? Once again, it time for a new playbook.

How is saying the talk about Russian bots were exaggerated and mainly bullshirt a racist theory?
    The great replacement theory is racist. That is just a fact. Your attempted insults cannot wash away the shame of supporting that racist theory.

If you say that the talk of Russian bots on Twitter is exaggerated, then post proof to back up your claim.

You don’t. You just post personal insults and ham-handed ones at that.

Did you forget how the Russian bots story and Hamilton 68 were exposed as frauds? Once again, it time for a new playbook.
    You are going back a ways to try to address a current situation. Let’s see something that addresses the current Twitter situation. I’m open to being convinced if you can show me.

Plus I see a bunch of posts claiming something was a scam, I don’t see proof of anything.

So I had to go back to the thread to see the debunking of this issue before.

The absolute state of that. It's embarrassing. "These accounts linked to Russian influence activities online, why, many of them don't openly say they're Russian and some of them aren't Russian! And they're not all bots! And... get this... they're posting in English! *clutches pearls, faints*"

Never mind that's all entirely consistent with how it was described right from the outset, as including not only "tweets from official Russian propaganda outlets in English" but also "bots and trolls that synchronize to promote Russian messaging themes", which includes not only "accounts ... directly controlled by Russia" but also "users who on their own initiative reliably repeat and amplify Russian themes".

But apparently the premise here is that the only way tracking Russian influence activities online can be legitimate is if the accounts being tracked are all Russian bots that say they're in Russia and post in Russian.

Good forking grief.

Rob did a good job of debunking this idea in that very thread. SFL tends to repost things that were previously discussed and debunked as if they are still valid. It tends to support the claim that SFL is only posting talking points and never actually learns anything or changes his position.

The “proof” offered was emails from some Twitter employees who were dubious about the claims. Without acknowledging that the Twitter employees have a vested interest in NOT finding these claims to be valid, which would implicate their platform. The “proof” also only showed snippets of emails that would support their contention that Russian influence and bots aren’t a problem on Twitter. It would be better to see entire email chains and not just excerpts.

The people SFL posts are always biased and pushing a narrative. They shouldn’t be believed about anything without corroboration from several other types of sources.

You are going back a ways to try to address a current situation. Let’s see something that addresses the current Twitter situation. I’m open to being convinced if you can show me.

Plus I see a bunch of posts claiming something was a scam, I don’t see proof of anything.
    It's because its part of the Democrat playbook now. Accuse Russia of everything.

Why don't we go by what Twitter executives were saying in private about Hamilton 68.

It's because its part of the Democrat playbook now. Accuse Russia of everything.

Why don't we go by what Twitter executives were saying in private about Hamilton 68.

None of that proves anything. The people who, you know, worked for Twitter had a very strong incentive to deny what was occurring. Especially the head of the department responsible for letting that shirt happen. You should try to use some common sense here.

If you actually pay attention while you are on Twitter it isn’t hard to figure out that bots and trolls have absolutely proliferated after Musk took over. The amount of disinformation is through the roof.

These guys are probably not bots. But how is it they push Russian propaganda on Twitter? Twitter is just awash in Russian propaganda now that Musk took over.

Where is Media Matters? How's Threads looking with their child exploitation?

Last edited:
    Where is Media Matters? How's Threads looking with their child exploitation?

You are spinning out of control, dude. You have nothing but garbage propaganda and whataboutism. Just the other day Twitter recommended a group to me called “Knock Out a birch”. Musk has turned Twitter into a cesspool. That doesn’t change because you bring up other social media companies. Musk is a joke.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom