Elon Musk and Twitter Reach Deal for Sale (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SaintForLife

Reaction score
    Elon Musk struck a deal on Monday to buy Twitter for roughly $44 billion, in a victory by the world’s richest man to take over the influential social network frequented by world leaders, celebrities and cultural trendsetters.

Twitter agreed to sell itself to Mr. Musk for $54.20 a share, a 38 percent premium over the company’s share price this month before he revealed he was the firm’s single largest shareholder. It would be the largest deal to take a company private — something Mr. Musk has said he will do with Twitter — in at least two decades, according to data compiled by Dealogic.

“Free speech is the bedrock of a functioning democracy, and Twitter is the digital town square where matters vital to the future of humanity are debated,” Mr. Musk said in a statement announcing the deal. “Twitter has tremendous potential — I look forward to working with the company and the community of users to unlock it.”

The deal, which has been unanimously approved by Twitter’s board, is expected to close this year, subject to a vote of Twitter shareholders and certain regulatory approvals.

The blockbuster agreement caps what had seemed an improbable attempt by the famously mercurial Mr. Musk, 50, to buy the social media company — and immediately raises questions about what he will do with the platform and how his actions will affect online speech globally.

If Musk does what he claims he wants to do it will be a big improvement and good for free speech.

One of the Twitter accounts that was banned has posted a possible explanation, although he doesn’t know this for sure. He says all of his social media accounts were targeted at the same time, YouTube, Instagram and Twitter, and mass reported by MAGA accounts. (I wonder how many were bots and who is controlling them?). All of the media companies have since restored his accounts. This happened overnight while he was asleep, which to me argues for either coordinated bots or foreign based accounts.

Flood X with new accounts that bash Trump.

One of the Twitter accounts that was banned has posted a possible explanation, although he doesn’t know this for sure. He says all of his social media accounts were targeted at the same time, YouTube, Instagram and Twitter, and mass reported by MAGA accounts. (I wonder how many were bots and who is controlling them?). All of the media companies have since restored his accounts. This happened overnight while he was asleep, which to me argues for either coordinated bots or foreign based accounts.
    Would be interesting to know. My theory is that ads on YouTube, Twitter and most social media are cheaper. These rw types just spam ads regardless of audience target. I see lots of right wing ads despite not consuming any of their content. Listening to longhorn stuff on YouTube in the background and I get Whitlock and other rw propaganda? Definitely it's not due to an algorithm of my prefer content.

This isn't to say I get nothing but those ads. I do routinely get ads based on my google/YouTube searches

Wherein Musk goes complete white supremacist, this should make the advertisers come back, no?

Free speech, my azz. Eloon is a whiny, drug-addled little child who needs to have the keys to the car taken away from him. His investors will do better if he is kept away from anything where he has controlling interest.

I am going to try to post this again. Musk has evidently purged a group of more left wing journalists, while when I reported accounts circulating fake birth certificates and voter registrations for Michelle Obama trying to prove she is a man I was told none of those accounts had violated Twitter rules.

Wait. Do you think that Musk is involved in day to day duties at X like which accounts to ban or suspend?

Wait. Do you think that Musk is involved in day to day duties at X like which accounts to ban or suspend?
    I don’t think he knows how to do anything at Twitter, but I absolutely think he meddles in the day to day stuff. He says as much, at least. And every single account that was suspended had recently criticized Musk. That’s not random, not at all.

I don’t think he knows how to do anything at Twitter, but I absolutely think he meddles in the day to day stuff. He says as much, at least. And every single account that was suspended had recently criticized Musk. That’s not random, not at all.
    You obviously have no idea what you are talking about and are just making things up.

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about and are just making things up.
    It’s called an opinion. Hence the words “I think”. And I know just as much as you do. We can both have our own opinions.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom