Elon Musk and Twitter Reach Deal for Sale (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SaintForLife

Reaction score
    Elon Musk struck a deal on Monday to buy Twitter for roughly $44 billion, in a victory by the world’s richest man to take over the influential social network frequented by world leaders, celebrities and cultural trendsetters.

Twitter agreed to sell itself to Mr. Musk for $54.20 a share, a 38 percent premium over the company’s share price this month before he revealed he was the firm’s single largest shareholder. It would be the largest deal to take a company private — something Mr. Musk has said he will do with Twitter — in at least two decades, according to data compiled by Dealogic.

“Free speech is the bedrock of a functioning democracy, and Twitter is the digital town square where matters vital to the future of humanity are debated,” Mr. Musk said in a statement announcing the deal. “Twitter has tremendous potential — I look forward to working with the company and the community of users to unlock it.”

The deal, which has been unanimously approved by Twitter’s board, is expected to close this year, subject to a vote of Twitter shareholders and certain regulatory approvals.

The blockbuster agreement caps what had seemed an improbable attempt by the famously mercurial Mr. Musk, 50, to buy the social media company — and immediately raises questions about what he will do with the platform and how his actions will affect online speech globally.

If Musk does what he claims he wants to do it will be a big improvement and good for free speech.

Swing and a miss as usual by you. So because I spent time with my family after work last night and I was busy at work today until recently you think that your prediction that I would eventually come back and post something is somehow precient?

Read my quoted part.

Carefully.

For someone who absolutely throws a hissy fit whenever I say something to you about your posting style or habits, you don’t mind telling me what I can and cannot do. 🤪
    You trying to tell me how to post, to get better sources, calling me a troll, saying I'm not a good faith poster, is quite different than me saying you post a lot about Musk & Russia/Putin.

I asked you multiple times how Musk said was antisemitic. Your only response was to ignore the question and ask me if I agreed with what he said. You clearly had no answer. Just admit instead of making these silly excuses.
    I told you more than once that the post he was agreeing with was anti-Semitic and you never responded. You just kept running around and asking the same question over and over. When you say Musk didn’t say anything anti-Semitic, and I respond that it was the other guy’s post that he agreed with, then the ball is in your court as far as I’m concerned. If you really want a conversation, then the obvious is to say something about that guy’s post. But you just kept harping on Musk, and engaging with other people. So why should I take the time to explain it? All you have to do is Google and read an article or something.

I also note that you have been critical of me for saying I didn’t have time to write a long response the other day, in fact you have brought it up multiple times. Yet you certainly bristled just now when someone commented on your absence from the thread. An old saying comes to mind - you can dish it out, but you can’t take it. 🤷‍♀️

You trying to tell me how to post, to get better sources, calling me a troll, saying I'm not a good faith poster, is quite different than me saying you post a lot about Musk & Russia/Putin.
    You do a whole lot more than that and you know it. You sling it at me pretty good. Don’t act like you don’t.

all that stuff you posted. is this or is it not the tweet he directly replied to? you make it sound like someone only showed a partial tweet.
    1000007885.png

we are not talking about what musk thought he was saying or what the guy said in other Tweets. he replied directly to this one correct? And this is the full tweet at the time correct?
    correct me if I'm wrong.
    The misunderstanding is most people think that the tweet Elon Mush replied with “you have said the actual truth” shows a common antisemitic view. However, SFL has a different opinion. He doesn’t think it is. People are entitled to have the wrong opinions.

Let's look at some examples of people who I guess are espousing the great replacement theory according to the left's logic:

20231120_171438.jpg

That's from a quick search on X. There are plenty more examples.

i don't understand. isn't that the tweet he replied to?
    Yes. I posted those tweets and for some I posted the text of the tweet for people here in case they didn't want to click on the tweet to read the entire tweet. I also posted the other two tweets by Musk and the other two tweets from the guy Musk originally responded to we could see the entire conversation.

So you are conflating two different things. Related, maybe, but not the same. The belief that Jews are encouraging immigration of minorities in order to replace the white citizens of whatever country we are talking about is Anti-Semitic. That is the complaint the guy that Elon responded to was making. He said basically that he doesn’t feel sorry for Jews who have been pushing anti-white hatred when they find out that the immigrants they have been encouraging to come here don’t like them very much. So that pretty much means he believes the great replacement is happening, and it’s anti-Semitic.

A corollary used by the GOP makes the change to “Democrats are encouraging immigration of minorities in order to replace the white citizens”. This is still stupid, and racist, but it blunts the anti-Semitism a bit. So Rs are just making “democrats” the new “jews” in the theory.

So you are conflating two different things. Related, maybe, but not the same. The belief that Jews are encouraging immigration of minorities in order to replace the white citizens of whatever country we are talking about is Anti-Semitic. That is the complaint the guy that Elon responded to was making. He said basically that he doesn’t feel sorry for Jews who have been pushing anti-white hatred when they find out that the immigrants they have been encouraging to come here don’t like them very much. So that pretty much means he believes the great replacement is happening, and it’s anti-Semitic.

A corollary used by the GOP makes the change to “Democrats are encouraging immigration of minorities in order to replace the white citizens”. This is still stupid, and racist, but it blunts the anti-Semitism a bit. So Rs are just making “democrats” the new “jews” in the theory.
    The bolded part of your post isn't true. Can you show me where he said anything about replacing white citizens.
    Screenshot_20231120_173141_X.jpg

Your 2nd paragraph makes no sense.

He said Jews support flooding hordes of minorities into their country. Why make the point that they are minorities? Only one reason.

Look, I know you desperately don’t want to see it, but it is there. Your guy there is not a good guy. sorry, sometimes you just have to face facts. 🤷‍♀️

I honestly don’t get this line of defense. What Media Matters proved is that Twitter’s algos will allow ads to be placed beside anti-Semitic content. I have seen ads myself in the middle of threads full of hatred and anti-Semitism, and I generally try NOT to see posts like that. So, if I have seen it, you know it is happening. How is this a rational defense? IMO, Linda should get out now. This way lies ruin.

I honestly don’t get this line of defense. What Media Matters proved is that Twitter’s algos will allow ads to be placed beside anti-Semitic content. I have seen ads myself in the middle of threads full of hatred and anti-Semitism, and I generally try NOT to see posts like that. So, if I have seen it, you know it is happening. How is this a rational defense? IMO, Linda should get out now. This way lies ruin.

That is a peculiar choice of words by Yaccarino, "not a single authentic user". As compared to fake users?
    And "data wins over manipulation", please, like data can't be manipulated. Did she show the actual data?

So, this would be actual attempted censorship, wouldn’t it?

notice how she didn't actually say it won't and could not happen. you know why? because they can't and won't. they'll rather blame the boogey man left..
    if they are so sure of it, then say the "absolute truth" as he likes to say..

notice how she didn't actually say it won't and could not happen. you know why? because they can't and won't. they'll rather blame the boogey man left..
    if they are so sure of it, then say the "absolute truth" as he likes to say..
    Oops- so people are searching for things like Hitler and finding ads right beside the Hitler tweets. There are tons of them, lol. Doesn’t seem ideal for their lawsuit.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom