Elon Musk and Twitter Reach Deal for Sale (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SaintForLife

Reaction score
    Elon Musk struck a deal on Monday to buy Twitter for roughly $44 billion, in a victory by the world’s richest man to take over the influential social network frequented by world leaders, celebrities and cultural trendsetters.

Twitter agreed to sell itself to Mr. Musk for $54.20 a share, a 38 percent premium over the company’s share price this month before he revealed he was the firm’s single largest shareholder. It would be the largest deal to take a company private — something Mr. Musk has said he will do with Twitter — in at least two decades, according to data compiled by Dealogic.

“Free speech is the bedrock of a functioning democracy, and Twitter is the digital town square where matters vital to the future of humanity are debated,” Mr. Musk said in a statement announcing the deal. “Twitter has tremendous potential — I look forward to working with the company and the community of users to unlock it.”

The deal, which has been unanimously approved by Twitter’s board, is expected to close this year, subject to a vote of Twitter shareholders and certain regulatory approvals.

The blockbuster agreement caps what had seemed an improbable attempt by the famously mercurial Mr. Musk, 50, to buy the social media company — and immediately raises questions about what he will do with the platform and how his actions will affect online speech globally.

If Musk does what he claims he wants to do it will be a big improvement and good for free speech.

Well it was. Because he plays "coy" repeatedly then disengages from debate and creates a whole new branch with more disinformation tweets.

Case in point- he hasnt replied to your post, yet has been active. My guess is he is now looking for ANYTHING in an attempt to somehow disprove your theory ( i picture him furiously seaching Greenwald tweets/articles etc )

I have all but stopped replying to him as he has no intention of having any sort of discourse- ESPECIALLY when he is shown to be completely wrong.

it was "Mamba-esque" ( old SSF folks will know - Mamba takedown of Truckman decade ago )
    he'll eventually reply with a tweet from someone that will actually be the opposite of what he thinks it says because he just read the synopsis, or it'll be from someone who is known antisemite..

Case in point- he hasnt replied to your post, yet has been active. My guess is he is now looking for ANYTHING in an attempt to somehow disprove your theory ( i picture him furiously seaching Greenwald tweets/articles etc )
    His profile actually says he hasn't been on since about 6 CST yesterday, which was prior to Chuck's post.

SFL has been asking that totally disingenuous question all over this board for the last few days. Thanks for taking the time to type all that out. I wasn’t about to do it, because I don’t think he’s a good faith poster any longer. Replacement Theory has been espoused quite a bit lately, and is becoming more mainstream. Not a good thing for the future of this country.

Here's a more academic presentation of the history of the theory/narrative of Jewish conspiracy to "replace" or harm white Christians in Europe and America as being the keystone of antisemitism . . . and about how the idea continues to recycle, supporting new generations of antisemitic thought and, at times, violent response.

Summary:

Anti-Semitism functions as a set of conspiracy theories built upon various negative stereotypes, perceptions, and claims about Jews (Nirenberg 2013). A common grievance narrative among the Far Right from North America to Eastern Europe is the expression of fear about the replacement of white Christians of European descent with racial, ethnic, and religious others. In Europe, this is most typified by rhetoric around the influx of Middle Eastern, Arab, Muslim refugees, whereas in America it includes the aforementioned refugees, along with Central and South Americans. In both circumstances, these immigration patterns are explained as a singular international plot against white Christians by Jews. This is best exemplified by the far-right Charlottesville protestors in 2017 chanting, “You will not replace us! Jews will not replace us!” as well as the steady stream of conspiratorial invective from countries such as Hungary and Poland that predominantly targets Hungarian-Jewish philanthropist and Holocaust survivor George Soros as the figurehead of a global Jewish conspiracy to undermine the Western world in the name of Marxism (Hanebrink 2018). This idea, frequently referred to by the anti-Semitic epithet ‘Judeo-Bolshevism,’ has a long history in Western, predominantly Christian countries, a history written in blood. Understanding its origins is critical to understanding how it operates and updates itself, as well as how it manifests itself through violence (Hanebrink 2018).

"The Violent Impact of Anti-Semitic Conspiracy Theories: Examining the Jewish World Domination Narratives and History", Michael Broschowitz, The Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey, May 6, 2022.

Antisemitism has long been rooted in misrepresentations of international Jewish conspiracies to harm to constituencies that believe them or being antagonized to believe them. These have taken different forms (the most common being a conspiracy to control banking and economies in a way that subjugates local non-Jewish populations) but the central premise that a coordinated international Jewish conspiracy harms a given non-Jewish people have supported pogroms, most obviously the Final Solution
    Okay. That sounds like legitimate antisemitism, but I don't see how that relates to the Musk post and the conversation that preceded it.
    The tweet Musk said was “the absolute truth” endorsed the idea that antisemitism in America is legitimate because Jews have been supporting “dialectical hatred” against whites and have conspired to replace white dominance in America by flooding the country with minorities. In other words, a Jewish conspiracy to sew hatred against whites and push immigration that is the basis for the “replacement” theory in white nationalist America.

Saying that this ^^^ is the “absolute truth” gives full-fledged, unfettered endorsement of the post - that there is a Jewish conspiracy to sew hatred of whites and replace whites with immigration. It’s historically antisemitic because it is just another example of the “international Jewish conspiracy” trope and it’s an active, dangerous conspiracy belief in current white antisemites in America.
    That original post that Musk responded to didn't say that Jews "have conspired to replace white dominance in America by flooding the country with minorities."

The last part of his post that was cut off:

I'm deeply disinterested in giving the tiniest shirt now about western Jewish populations coming to the disturbing realization that those hordes of minorities that support flooding their country don't exactly like them too much.

You want truth said to your face, there it is.

The post was talking about how he didn't have any sympathy for Jewish populations, that use dialect hatred against whites, now realizing that large groups of minorities that they supported coming into their country don't like them. It seems like a stretch for you to claim that his post was somehow talking about a Jewish secret plan to replace whites.

His post was talking about the hypocrisy of some Jewish groups that complain about the hatred towards them when some of them do the same to whites. I don't see how you can claim that him pointing out that hypocrisy endorsed the idea that antisemitism in America is legitimate. It seems like a false claim of antisemitism to continue the left's campaign to hurt X and Musk because they lost their censorship machine in Twitter.

Here are the rest of his posts in that thread:

I'm not bringing anything into any fold. I support Jewish people's right to self defense literally and ideologically.

But I also, as a white person, have to acknowledge that it's been depressing to see Jewish communities not take a stronger stance against anti white dialecticism that is basically just repurposed antisemitism.

Musk other posts in that thread:

The replacement theory? Maybe if you go by how you incorrectly interpreted his post as referring to some secret Jewish plan, but he was simply calling out hypocrisy.

It's funny how often the left tries to link prominent people on the right to the great replacement theory. Falsely linking prominent people to mass shooters is another disgusting practice that the left loves to do except in cases like the Nashville shooter or the Congressional baseball shooter when those shooters espoused left wing rhetoric. In those cases there's crickets similar to the Nashville shooter thread here.

I've read and heard Democrats for years talk about how the demographics of the immigrant populations will help them politically as the percentage of whites decline. If a conservative talks about those same demographic changes then they are supposedly supporting the great replacement theory, but if a Democrat talks about it then it's just political commentary?

The immigration proposal pending in Congress would transform the nation’s political landscape for a generation or more — pumping as many as 11 million new Hispanic voters into the electorate a decade from now in ways that, if current trends hold, would produce an electoral bonanza for Democrats and cripple Republican prospects in many states they now win easily.
    Surely you can “see” that. The tweet he endorsed was literally a response to a post that basically said “don’t just say Hitler was right, say why.” So in other words, here’s why Hitler was right. And Musk said “hell yeah!” basically. It’s wildly antisemitic.
    The original post in the thread wasn't "literally a response to a post that basically said “don’t just say Hitler was right, say why.” It was the exact opposite. The post was calling out people who said Hitler was right who were hiding behind their internet anonymity. The poster's profile says he's a conservative Jew.

Last edited:
    Well it was. Because he plays "coy" repeatedly then disengages from debate and creates a whole new branch with more disinformation tweets.

I have all but stopped replying to him as he has no intention of having any sort of discourse- ESPECIALLY when he is shown to be completely wrong.

it was "Mamba-esque" ( old SSF folks will know - Mamba takedown of Truckman decade ago )
    You have some serious issues.

Did you not expect me to respond to his post?

Oh see above- i absolutely expected it.

SFL has been asking that totally disingenuous question all over this board for the last few days. Thanks for taking the time to type all that out. I wasn’t about to do it, because I don’t think he’s a good faith poster any longer. Replacement Theory has been espoused quite a bit lately, and is becoming more mainstream. Not a good thing for the future of this country.
    Oh give me a break. You came up with some obviously BS excuse about why you were unable or didn't want to respond to my question about how was Musk's post was supposedly antisemitic. You hide behind vague responses that don't address many questions and you have to resort to calling me a troll or questioning my intentions. Everyone who reads this message board can see your obvious and weak message board tactics.

all that stuff you posted. is this or is it not the tweet he directly replied to? you make it sound like someone only showed a partial tweet.
    1000007885.png

we are not talking about what musk thought he was saying or what the guy said in other Tweets. he replied directly to this one correct? And this is the full tweet at the time correct?
    correct me if I'm wrong.

Oh see above- i absolutely expected it.
    Swing and a miss as usual by you. So because I spent time with my family after work last night and I was busy at work today until recently you think that your prediction that I would eventually come back and post something is somehow precient?

Oh give me a break. You came up with some obviously BS excuse about why you were unable or didn't want to respond to my question about how was Musk's post was supposedly antisemitic. You hide behind vague responses that don't address many questions and you have to resort to calling me a troll or questioning my intentions. Everyone who reads this message board can see your obvious and weak message board tactics.

I have responded to almost every question you have ever asked me, while you routinely ignore questions from me you don’t want to answer. So it takes a lot of nerve to say I don’t respond. I didn’t write out the history of the replacement theory because it would have been a waste of time, as we can all plainly see. I did respond, though, and more than once. I also asked you a question about the guy‘s post, which you ignored.

all that stuff you posted. is this or is it not the tweet he directly replied to? you make it sound like someone only showed a partial tweet.
    1000007885.png

we are not talking about what musk thought he was saying or what the guy said in other Tweets. he replied directly to this one correct? And this is the full tweet at the time correct?
    correct me if I'm wrong.
    No that was the tweet. I just meant the entire tweet didn't show here so I posted it in case people didn't want to click on the tweet.

I have responded to almost every question you have ever asked me, while you routinely ignore questions from me you don’t want to answer. So it takes a lot of nerve to say I don’t respond. I didn’t write out the history of the replacement theory because it would have been a waste of time, as we can all plainly see. I did respond, though, and more than once. I also asked you a question about the guy‘s post, which you ignored.
    I asked you multiple times how Musk said was antisemitic. Your only response was to ignore the question and ask me if I agreed with what he said. You clearly had no answer. Just admit instead of making these silly excuses.

Correct, but you post an awful lot about Musk.
    For someone who absolutely throws a hissy fit whenever I say something to you about your posting style or habits, you don’t mind telling me what I can and cannot do. 🤪

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom