Elon Musk and Twitter Reach Deal for Sale (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SaintForLife

Reaction score
    Elon Musk struck a deal on Monday to buy Twitter for roughly $44 billion, in a victory by the world’s richest man to take over the influential social network frequented by world leaders, celebrities and cultural trendsetters.

Twitter agreed to sell itself to Mr. Musk for $54.20 a share, a 38 percent premium over the company’s share price this month before he revealed he was the firm’s single largest shareholder. It would be the largest deal to take a company private — something Mr. Musk has said he will do with Twitter — in at least two decades, according to data compiled by Dealogic.

“Free speech is the bedrock of a functioning democracy, and Twitter is the digital town square where matters vital to the future of humanity are debated,” Mr. Musk said in a statement announcing the deal. “Twitter has tremendous potential — I look forward to working with the company and the community of users to unlock it.”

The deal, which has been unanimously approved by Twitter’s board, is expected to close this year, subject to a vote of Twitter shareholders and certain regulatory approvals.

The blockbuster agreement caps what had seemed an improbable attempt by the famously mercurial Mr. Musk, 50, to buy the social media company — and immediately raises questions about what he will do with the platform and how his actions will affect online speech globally.

If Musk does what he claims he wants to do it will be a big improvement and good for free speech.

You don't think Media Matters did things to give a different impression of what they claim? They made it seem like antisemitism is rampant on X right? Out of 5.5 billion ad impressions that day less that 50 saw that content. Does that sound like it happened often?
    I personally did not have an impression of how many times it had occurred. I only knew that it had supposedly occurred. You're also taking Musk's statements here at face value and that's fine but we don't really know if what he's saying is true or not either unless you're aware of something there that I am not.

Why did the right coordinate to hurt Anheuser-Busch?

What is the difference? Both reacted to things they found objectionable in similar ways.
    You think there was a coordinated campaign by the right vs Anheuser-Busch that was similar to the one that the media and the left are engaged in towards Musk/X?

What's the difference? One includes the left and the media being mad they lost their censorship system in Twitter and the other includes a bunch of people who were pissed that a beer company they buy promoted a transgender influencer.

Are you not concerned with all the censorship that the government and the left got caught doing in the name of misinformation? A federal judge has already said that it could be one of the worst violations of the first ammendment in history by the government.

You think there was a coordinated campaign by the right vs Anheuser-Busch that was similar to the one that the media and the left are engaged in towards Musk/X?

What's the difference? One includes the left and the media being mad they lost their censorship system in Twitter and the other includes a bunch of people who were pissed that a beer company they buy promoted a transgender influencer.

Are you not concerned with all the censorship that the government and the left got caught doing in the name of misinformation? A federal judge has already said that it could be one of the worst violations of the first ammendment in history by the government.
    I'm certain I've expressed my negative opinion on here previously in regards to how some of the Hunter Biden stuff and everything was handled on social media and the coordinated effort to call it Russian disinformation from the jump.

In my opinion this is an example of you not dealing in good faith that I referenced before because you will not concede that the left and the right both operate in a similar manner in instances like these when it's very obvious that they do. The right certainly went after Anheuser-Busch in a similar fashion and I don't even know how that's very debatable. I'm not even sure we're talking a large difference in scale honestly.

You have different objections than people on the left I understand that but the way things are dealt with by both sides are similar in nature and that is obvious but you keep throwing stuff out at me that I do not even feel is particularly relevant to this conversation. Okay, the left has it out for Musk, I agree. And the right had it out for Anheuser-Busch. There are different reasonings behind the two but the way each side has gone after the other is similar.

So there seems to be an obvious difference between the boycotting of Bud Light and big corporations stop putting their ads on X.
    Umm, no one is boycotting X. It is a free service for whoever wants to use it unless you’re paying for the blue check. Those who paid aren’t boycotting it.

So there seems to be an obvious difference between the boycotting of Bud Light and big corporations stop putting their ads on X.
    Umm, no one is boycotting X. It is a free service for whoever wants to use it unless you’re paying for the blue check. Those who paid aren’t boycotting it.
    I was referencing the coordination to "make them pay" displayed by both sides in reference to the respective issues.

I'm certain I've expressed my negative opinion on here previously in regards to how some of the Hunter Biden stuff and everything was handled on social media and the coordinated effort to call it Russian disinformation from the jump.

In my opinion this is an example of you not dealing in good faith that I referenced before because you will not concede that the left and the right both operate in a similar manner in instances like these when it's very obvious that they do. The right certainly went after Anheuser-Busch in a similar fashion and I don't even know how that's very debatable. I'm not even sure we're talking a large difference in scale honestly.

You have different objections than people on the left I understand that but the way things are dealt with by both sides are similar in nature and that is obvious but you keep throwing stuff out at me that I do not even feel is particularly relevant to this conversation. Okay, the left has it out for Musk, I agree. And the right had it out for Anheuser-Busch. There are different reasonings behind the two but the way each side has gone after the other is similar.
    They censored way more than just the Hunter Biden laptop stuff. Covid, vaccines, lab leak, ivermectin, January 6th, real scientists like Stanford’s Jay Bhattacharya and Harvard’s Martin Kulldorf began being censored for saying true things, anti Ukraine narratives, etc.

I don't understand how many on the left are okay with that. I mean the Biden Administration appealed the ruling by the judge that said they might have committed the worst violations in history in regards to the first ammendment. That case is at the Supreme Court currently.

I know the right has some coordinated campaigns, but the Anheuser-Busch boycott seemed liked a grassroots effort and from what I saw it didn't include companies, organizations like the effort against Musk/Twitter.

Here is the list of who signed the letter against Musk from last year:

Access Now Accountable Tech
    Black Lives Matter
    Global Network Foundation Center for Countering Digital Hate
    Empowering Pacific Islander Communities (EPIC) Face the Music Collective
    Fair Vote UK
    Free Press Friends of the Earth
    Gender Equity Policy Institute
    GLAAD
    Global Project Against Hate and Extremism Indivisible Northern Nevada
    Kairos Media Matters for America
    MediaJustice
    NARAL Pro-Choice America
    National Hispanic Media Coalition
    Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice Reproaction
    Stop Online Violence Against Women Inc
    The Sparrow Project
    UltraViolet
    Union of Concerned Scientists
    V-Day/One Billion Rising
    Women’s March

Was there that kind if coordination in regards to Anheuser-Busch?

Look at A.Vindman who got caught pushing the Musk talking points.

I disagree and I think what I brought up about Musk is relevant considering their latest attempt to try to get advertisers to stop advertising on X all from a post from Musk that wasn't antisemitic as they claimed it was.

The Proud Boys, Moms of Liberty, and all those upstanding likeminded organizations did boycott Bud Light.

Last edited:
    If this is accurate then why don't we seem the same type of campaigns to stop advertising on Instagram, Facebook, Tiki Tik etc? I don’t see the same kind of attention for Zuckerberg or others. Considering its coming from the ADL and the Tech Transparency Project, I doubt it's accurate.

Look who funds the Tech Transparency Project. Billionaires Soros & Omidyar.
    20231118_133943.jpg

If this is accurate then why don't we seem the same type of campaigns to stop advertising on Instagram, Facebook, Tiki Tik etc? I don’t see the same kind of attention for Zuckerberg or others. Considering its coming from the ADL and the Tech Transparency Project, I doubt it's accurate.

Look who funds the Tech Transparency Project. Billionaires Soros & Omidyar.
    20231118_133943.jpg

You don't buy the notion that there is a rise in antisemitism on social media because of a report by the ADL (a Jewish organization) and the Open Sources Foundation (founded by a Jewish man). Please tell me you understand how this looks.

You don't buy the notion that there is a rise in antisemitism on social media because of a report by the ADL (a Jewish organization) and the Open Sources Foundation (founded by a Jewish man). Please tell me you understand how this looks.
    Only RW sources are accurate.

Last edited:
    Are you insinuating that I'm racist because I don't know if that report from the ADL and the Tech Transparency Project is accurate?

I said that because the ADL and the Tech Transparency Project push for censorship online and not because they are Jewish. That's a disgusting thing for you to insinuate and I will be ignoring you from now on.

Are you insinuating that I'm racist because I don't know if that report from the ADL and the Tech Transparency Project is accurate?

I said that because the ADL and the Tech Transparency Project push for censorship online and not because they are Jewish. That's a disgusting thing for you to insinuate and I will be ignoring you from now on.

Careful up there on your high horse. I never called you anything. I asked if you were aware of the optics of trashing two groups heavily associated with the Jewish faith for their report on antisemitism.

So much dishonesty here. This is what Musk agreed with:

In the tweet posted Wednesday, Musk endorsed a verified account named @breakingbaht, which wrote, “Jewish communities have been pushing the exact kind of dialectical hatred against whites that they claim to want people to stop using against them.”

Musk responded: “You have said the actual truth.”

This has been posted multiple times in this thread. Yet SFL still claims he doesn’t know what people think is anti-Semitic about Musk.

It’s not the only time Musk has boosted anti-Semitic conspiracies. Or agreed with them.

SFL is also extremely selective about who he believes. If the person or source agrees with him, well no skepticism is warranted. If they don’t agree with him they are assumed to be lying. It’s completely obvious to everyone.

Imo I think you're probably reading too much into what he said there.. but just curious, do you have this same sort of energy for people like DeSantis and Co. who straight up called anyone who for any reason opposed the "Don't Say Gay" law, a "groomer"?

Imo I think you're probably reading too much into what he said there.. but just curious, do you have this same sort of energy for people like DeSantis and Co. who straight up called anyone who for any reason opposed the "Don't Say Gay" law, a "groomer"?
    Why don't you tell me what he was insinuating then.

Same sort of energy? He insinuated I was racist. I'm not sure why your mind went to DeSantis. Besides that was only called a don't say gay law by people on the left. It doesn't say anything about don't say gay. That was just dishonest framing by the left similar to the supposed new Jim Crow law in Georgia where it actually expanded voter access and has enhanced voter turnout across all categories.

Why don't you tell me what he was insinuating then.

Same sort of energy? He insinuated I was racist. I'm not sure why your mind went to DeSantis. Besides that was only called a don't say gay law by people on the left. It doesn't say anything about don't say gay. That was just dishonest framing by the left similar to the supposed new Jim Crow law in Georgia where it actually expanded voter access and has enhanced voter turnout across all categories.
    Omg man.. ugh.. I can't do this.

So much dishonesty here. This is what Musk agreed with:

In the tweet posted Wednesday, Musk endorsed a verified account named @breakingbaht, which wrote, “Jewish communities have been pushing the exact kind of dialectical hatred against whites that they claim to want people to stop using against them.”

Musk responded: “You have said the actual truth.”

This has been posted multiple times in this thread. Yet SFL still claims he doesn’t know what people think is anti-Semitic about Musk.

It’s not the only time Musk has boosted anti-Semitic conspiracies. Or agreed with them.

SFL is also extremely selective about who he believes. If the person or source agrees with him, well no skepticism is warranted. If they don’t agree with him they are assumed to be lying. It’s completely obvious to everyone.
    I know exactly what he said. What I've asked multiple times is how is what Musk said antisemitic? Be specific and the weak attempt at linking that shooter with what Musk said by that Atlantic writer is BS. Is any criticism of Isreal or Isrealis antisemitic?

Why are you so obsessed with Musk? I don't see you complain about Zuckerberg like you do daily with Musk. You can't still be upset that he ruined the left's censorship machine in Twitter right?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom