Elon Musk and Twitter Reach Deal for Sale (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SaintForLife

Reaction score
    Elon Musk struck a deal on Monday to buy Twitter for roughly $44 billion, in a victory by the world’s richest man to take over the influential social network frequented by world leaders, celebrities and cultural trendsetters.

Twitter agreed to sell itself to Mr. Musk for $54.20 a share, a 38 percent premium over the company’s share price this month before he revealed he was the firm’s single largest shareholder. It would be the largest deal to take a company private — something Mr. Musk has said he will do with Twitter — in at least two decades, according to data compiled by Dealogic.

“Free speech is the bedrock of a functioning democracy, and Twitter is the digital town square where matters vital to the future of humanity are debated,” Mr. Musk said in a statement announcing the deal. “Twitter has tremendous potential — I look forward to working with the company and the community of users to unlock it.”

The deal, which has been unanimously approved by Twitter’s board, is expected to close this year, subject to a vote of Twitter shareholders and certain regulatory approvals.

The blockbuster agreement caps what had seemed an improbable attempt by the famously mercurial Mr. Musk, 50, to buy the social media company — and immediately raises questions about what he will do with the platform and how his actions will affect online speech globally.

If Musk does what he claims he wants to do it will be a big improvement and good for free speech.

This is the issue - besides personally promoting anti-Semitic accounts and tweets, the ad placement issue got everyone’s attention.

This is the issue - besides personally promoting anti-Semitic accounts and tweets, the ad placement issue got everyone’s attention.

That picture should have a swastika on his forehead:

brad-pitt.gif

Elon Musk has said he will be filing a “thermonuclear lawsuit” against Media Matters and others, after major US companies paused their adverts on his social media site over concerns about antisemitism.

The media watchdog Media Matters said earlier this week that it found corporate advertisements by IBM, Apple, Oracle and Comcast’s Xfinity were being placed alongside antisemitic content, including that praising Adolf Hitler and the Nazis.

It led to a number of big names in technology and media announcing they would be withdrawing their advertising. It also included Warner Brothers, Paramount and Disney.

“The split second court opens on Monday, X Corp will be filing a thermonuclear lawsuit against Media Matters and ALL those who colluded in this fraudulent attack on our company,” Musk said in a post on X, formerly known as Twitter.

Musk on Wednesday agreed with a post on X that falsely claimed Jewish people were stoking hatred against white people, saying the user, who referenced the “great replacement” conspiracy theory, was speaking “the actual truth”.

“This week Media Matters for America posted a story that completely misrepresented the real experience on X, in another attempt to undermine freedom of speech and mislead advertisers,” a statement posted by Musk said.

“Above everything, including profit, X works to protect the public’s right to free speech. But for speech to be truly free, we must also have the freedom to see or hear things that some people may consider objectionable,” he added.…..

Elon Musk has said he will be filing a “thermonuclear lawsuit” against Media Matters and others, after major US companies paused their adverts on his social media site over concerns about antisemitism.

The media watchdog Media Matters said earlier this week that it found corporate advertisements by IBM, Apple, Oracle and Comcast’s Xfinity were being placed alongside antisemitic content, including that praising Adolf Hitler and the Nazis.

It led to a number of big names in technology and media announcing they would be withdrawing their advertising. It also included Warner Brothers, Paramount and Disney.

“The split second court opens on Monday, X Corp will be filing a thermonuclear lawsuit against Media Matters and ALL those who colluded in this fraudulent attack on our company,” Musk said in a post on X, formerly known as Twitter.

Musk on Wednesday agreed with a post on X that falsely claimed Jewish people were stoking hatred against white people, saying the user, who referenced the “great replacement” conspiracy theory, was speaking “the actual truth”.

“This week Media Matters for America posted a story that completely misrepresented the real experience on X, in another attempt to undermine freedom of speech and mislead advertisers,” a statement posted by Musk said.

“Above everything, including profit, X works to protect the public’s right to free speech. But for speech to be truly free, we must also have the freedom to see or hear things that some people may consider objectionable,” he added.…..

here is hoping Eloon gets his azz kicked.

Good. His tweet talks about the dishonest methods that Media Matters used to create their research.

The left and the media are still upset that they lost their censorship system in Twitter and there has been a coordinated and obvious campaign to try to discredit and financially ruin X.

I wasn't my money, but 44 billion to get rid of and expose the censorship regime at Twitter was definitely worth it.

20231118_092928.jpg

You think Musk is a Nazi or Nazi supporter?

Can anyone here explain specifically how what Musk said was supposedly antisemitic?
    He's reportedly losing advertisers because their ads are going next to Nazi related posts. It was a reference to the movie and that that would tie the picture together.

He's reportedly losing advertisers because their ads are going next to Nazi related posts. It was a reference to the movie and that that would tie the picture together.
    Can anyone here explain specifically how what Musk said was supposedly antisemitic?

I never made that accusation.
    You responded with the swastika post in response to Musk supposedly saying something antisemitic. I don't see it. Can anyone else explain how what he said is antisemitic?

What kind of criticism can one make of Isreal or Irealis where it wouldn't be considered antisemitism?

You responded with the swastika post in response to Musk supposedly saying something antisemitic. I don't see it. Can anyone else explain how what he said is antisemitic?

What kind of criticism can one make of Isreal or Irealis where it wouldn't be considered antisemitism?
    I realize that was together there but I personally was responding to the part about the advertisers and pro-Nazi propaganda, not whatever Musk said.

Good. His tweet talks about the dishonest methods that Media Matters used to create their research.

The left and the media are still upset that they lost their censorship system in Twitter and there has been a coordinated and obvious campaign to try to discredit and financially ruin X.

I wasn't my money, but 44 billion to get rid of and expose the censorship regime at Twitter was definitely worth it.

20231118_092928.jpg

Free speech does not mean free speech without consequences

If companies vehemently disagree with Musk's "Free Speech" and don't wish to be associated with it in any way should they be allowed to withdraw their advertising and spend their dollars elsewhere?

"Go Woke Go Broke" isn't fair the other way around?

Last edited:
    Free speech does not mean free speech without consequences

If companies vehemently disagree with Musk's "Free Speech" and don't wish to be associated with it in any way should they be allowed to withdraw their advertising and spend their dollars elsewhere?
    Sure, but why does the left need a coordinated campaign to accomplish that?

Can you tell me how what Musk said was supposedly antisemitic?

20231118_092928.jpg

I don't see a denial that the ads were next to the posts. I don't see an accusation that Media Matters did anything to manipulate the results to the point that it couldn't be duplicated by different user.

Advertisers have the freedom of choice to do business with whom they choose and Musk has the freedom to run Twitter in the manner in which he chooses.

I don't see a denial that the ads were next to the posts. I don't see an accusation that Media Matters did anything to manipulate the results to the point that it couldn't be duplicated by different user.

Advertisers have the freedom of choice to do business with whom they choose and Musk has the freedom to run Twitter in the manner in which he chooses.
    You don't think Media Matters did things to give a different impression of what they claim? They made it seem like antisemitism is rampant on X right? Out of 5.5 billion ad impressions that day less that 50 saw that content. Does that sound like it happened often?

I've still yet to hear anyone here explain how what Musk said was antisemitic. The only thing I've seen is some weak attempt to connect Musk to some shooter.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom