Election Night (+4) in America - Result: Biden Elected President (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

I have echoed this. For those not on my Facebook, here is what I posted there in response to some of my wife's Trump friends calling for people to bE NiZe!

------------------------

I have a thing about bullies. My stepfather was a bully. Not the kind of well-intentioned bully some fathers unintentionally become, he was a man that reveled in hurting women and children. He reveled in the pain of those weaker than him. The day I saw him run for his life from my grandfather when I was a kid was a moment of cathartic release I can't fully put into words.

So as a young man and into adulthood I've enjoyed taking it to bullies to give those victimized by them that release because I understand it.
    Angie Waller has personally witnessed me chop bullies down, both physically and verbally. It's how I roll. It's how I've taught my children to roll, because a bully is just a coward hiding behind false bravado. Strip away the facade and you reveal how weak they are just like my grandfather did.

The friends of bullies are a whole other animal. They may not participate, but their silent complicity emboldens the bully. They never have a word to say about all the pain the bully inflicts but as soon as the bully gets punched in the mouth they want to jump up and play peacemaker. They go full Rodney King, "can't we all just get along?" Well yeah, we can. After I finish enjoying this moment. After my catharsis.

So to all the people who have had a rough time, been told **** your feelings, called a snowflake, told how good your tears taste, and been subjected to racist rants and taunting, enjoy your catharsis. The bullies have been punched in the mouth. Gloat. Have fun. Enjoy your moment ya' crazy snowflakes.

When it's over, work with the friends of the bullies that sat in silence but now want to play peacemaker to repair the wounds. I believe in that. I believe in reconciliation, just not in weakness. A nation divided can not stand, and we have wounds to heal.

But have your moment first. Don't get shamed out of it.

Good article
    =====================

For about 24 hours after the 2020 election was called for Joe Biden, Democrats and other opponents of fascism—which is to say, anti-fascists—danced in the streets in an outpouring of both joy and relief at the end of the most openly bigoted, corrupt and destructive presidential administration in the modern era.

And then, like clockwork, the same awful people who have supported this awful president re-proved their awfulness, by issuing demands that everybody stop and think about how all this made Trump and his white supremacist cult feel—often with the implication that if Trump and his followers refuse to accept his defeat, maybe it didn’t really happen.

Even before the celebrations began, former Republican Senator turned paid Trump sycophant Rick Santorum suggested Trump’s supporters need “time to figure this out,” and cautioned that “this is a very emotional” period for the president’s loser-supporting base. Megyn Kelly—the erstwhile Fox News correspondent who stoked white resentment over Black Lives Matter and race-baited a fake boogie-man out of the “New Black Panthers”—tweeted that Trump supporters have been unfairly “attacked relentlessly” and “demonized as the worst of humanity for 4yrs.”.............

Entitlement is a hell of a drug. Only its intoxication could explain Trump supporters demanding the rest of us—especially those of us who have been the target of this hateful administration, who have been unequivocally informed that we are not welcome here by this president—should coddle his followers as they cope with their leader’s loss.

And accompanying those voices, in tones of peak white obliviousness, were a spectrum of public figures from Katy Perry to Ian Bremmer urging folks to reach out to their terrorizers from the last four years. The trauma of marginalized folks abused at every turn by this administration—and by its most trusted institutions, even in the best of times—will apparently always be treated as secondary to the feelings of self-pitying white folks...............

White supremacists and their abettors have always acted on their most vicious impulses, only to then turn around and demand civility from those they egregiously harm. The people they hurt are told, again and again, to offer compassion to those who have never shown them a hint of empathy.

Marginalized folks are supposed to grit their teeth and smile through the pain of legislative, psychological and physical assaults by folks who believe the definition of oppression is not getting everything they want. These folks see only their own pain. Other people’s suffering is invisible to them because they believe that’s just how things are supposed to be — it’s the natural order of things. Making America Great Again always meant preserving white supremacist patriarchy, and enacting state-backed and extrajudicial violence against those who who tried to end it.................

(If you're interested in reading the full article - the real link doesn't really say fork)

https://www.thedailybeast.com/fork-his-feelings-trumps-a-loser-and-his-followers-are-whiners

Last edited:
    The intellectual dishonesty and talking heads turning themselves into pretzels defending Trump is exasperating. For example, this morning, I see an otherwise perfectly reasonable columnist for the WSJ say that while he personally doesn't believe these legal challenges will change the results, we should let this play out.

The thing is, that's not how it's traditionally been done. This is yet another norm that has been blown out the water by Trump. In previous elections, even closely contested ones, the loser will normally congratulate the President-elect shortly after election day. Just baffles me how many people can't see that the outcome has been obvious since Nov 4th and Trump should have conceded and he's basically challenging results however he can without a shred of evidence. Aggravating.

His ego and narcissism cannot fathom that he lost. The only way he lost, in his mind, is if massive fraud has happened. Either that or he is conning all of his followers, because take a look a this:

The unusual way the Trump campaign is divvying up the contributions has drawn scrutiny from election watchdogs, who say Trump and his family are poised to financially benefit from the arrangement.

“This is a slush fund. That’s the bottom line,” said Paul S. Ryan, a longtime campaign finance attorney with the good government group Common Cause. “Trump may just continue to string out this meritless litigation in order to fleece his own supporters of their money and use it in the coming years to pad his own lifestyle while teasing a 2024 candidacy.”

(and)

The fine print makes clear most of the money will go to other priorities.

A large portion of the money goes to “Save America,” a Trump leadership PAC, or political action committee, set up on Monday, and the Republican National Committee (RNC). Under Federal Election Commission rules, both groups have broad leeway in how they can use the funds.

His ego and narcissism cannot fathom that he lost. The only way he lost, in his mind, is if massive fraud has happened. Either that or he is conning all of his followers, because take a look a this:

The unusual way the Trump campaign is divvying up the contributions has drawn scrutiny from election watchdogs, who say Trump and his family are poised to financially benefit from the arrangement.

“This is a slush fund. That’s the bottom line,” said Paul S. Ryan, a longtime campaign finance attorney with the good government group Common Cause. “Trump may just continue to string out this meritless litigation in order to fleece his own supporters of their money and use it in the coming years to pad his own lifestyle while teasing a 2024 candidacy.”

(and)

The fine print makes clear most of the money will go to other priorities.

A large portion of the money goes to “Save America,” a Trump leadership PAC, or political action committee, set up on Monday, and the Republican National Committee (RNC). Under Federal Election Commission rules, both groups have broad leeway in how they can use the funds.

I actually am not bothered by Trump's behavior as much as I am by otherwise seemingly reasonable people saying that we should let this play out and that Trump doesn't need to concede. It's just deliberately ignoring all sense of history to continue the charade.

I actually am not bothered by Trump's behavior as much as I am by otherwise seemingly reasonable people saying that we should let this play out and that Trump doesn't need to concede. It's just deliberately ignoring all sense of history to continue the charade.

Same here. Trump has been giving signals for months that this is what he would do. The surprising part is how many people are supporting him on it.

A summary please. I'm deaf and I don't see any caption options.
    "We do not take an oath to a king or queen, tyrant or dictator. We do not take an oath to an individual. No, we do not take an oath to a country, a tribe or religion. We take an oath to the Constitution. And every soldier that is represented in this museum, every sailor, airman, marine, coast guard, each of us will protect and defend that document regardless of personal price."

"We do not take an oath to a king or queen, tyrant or dictator. We do not take an oath to an individual. No, we do not take an oath to a country, a tribe or religion. We take an oath to the Constitution. And every soldier that is represented in this museum, every sailor, airman, marine, coast guard, each of us will protect and defend that document regardless of personal price."

The truth! Our leaders would do well to remember this.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom