Dr. Oz running for Senate (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Optimus Prime

Reaction score
    He doesn’t actually live in Pennsylvania, he’s using his in laws address

he also was pushing questionable medical treatments years before it was cool
    =================================

(CNN)Dr. Mehmet Oz, a cardiothoracic surgeon and television personality, is running for the US Senate in Pennsylvania as a Republican, according to an op-ed published Tuesday in the conservative Washington Examiner.

"During the pandemic, I learned that when you mix politics and medicine, you get politics instead of solutions. That's why I am running for the U.S. Senate: to help fix the problems and to help us heal," Oz wrote……

He’s just another grifter. No ethics or morals.

Seems like fake outrage over a non issue
    ===========================

Mehmet Oz, the quack doctor who last month announced he’s running for Senate in Pennsylvania, is none too pleased that the Philadelphia Inquirer is not going to refer to him as “Dr. Oz,” per the paper’s style guide.

The TV doctor went on Fox & Friends Monday morning to air his grievances. “They’re putting their thumb on the scale,” Oz said. “The Inquirer hates, hates that I’m empowering you, hates that I’m taking on some of the established folks, hates that the entrepreneurial solutions that I’m offering might makes sense. They don’t like that I say what I see. They want to silence me. It’s shocking that it would make them that uncomfortable this early in my campaign.”

It’s unclear in what ways Oz is “empowering” Pennsylvanians, in what ways he’s taking on “establishment folks” (other than running for office with no experience), or what “entrepreneurial solutions” he’s offering. The only business-oriented section of his website — “Grow Our Economy” — doesn’t prescribe anything more specific than “reversing Biden’s failed agenda.”

Oz’s campaign is not about policy specifics, though. It’s about spending several days complaining about how he’s been “canceled” because a newspaper announced they’re going to treat him like they would treat any other doctor running for office. The Inquirer‘s decision to apply their policy to Oz last week prompted him to post a highly produced video bashing the decision. “I won’t be canceled,” he said..........

Mehmet Oz, the quack doctor who last month announced he’s running for Senate in Pennsylvania, is none too pleased that the Philadelphia Inquirer is not going to refer to him as “Dr. Oz,” per the paper’s style guide.

The TV doctor went on Fox & Friends Monday morning to air his grievances. “They’re putting their thumb on the scale,” Oz said. “The Inquirer hates, hates that I’m empowering you, hates that I’m taking on some of the established folks, hates that the entrepreneurial solutions that I’m offering might makes sense. They don’t like that I say what I see. They want to silence me. It’s shocking that it would make them that uncomfortable this early in my campaign.”

It’s unclear in what ways Oz is “empowering” Pennsylvanians, in what ways he’s taking on “establishment folks” (other than running for office with no experience), or what “entrepreneurial solutions” he’s offering. The only business-oriented section of his website — “Grow Our Economy” — doesn’t prescribe anything more specific than “reversing Biden’s failed agenda.”

Oz’s campaign is not about policy specifics, though. It’s about spending several days complaining about how he’s been “canceled” because a newspaper announced they’re going to treat him like they would treat any other doctor running for office. The Inquirer‘s decision to apply their policy to Oz last week prompted him to post a highly produced video bashing the decision. “I won’t be canceled,” he said..........

His shtick will work because Republican's voters are stupid. That dumpster fire is right up their alley. They love their "I'm being canceled because, blah, blah, blah" highly produced red meat.

Oz’s campaign is not about policy specifics, though. It’s about spending several days complaining about how he’s been “canceled” because a newspaper announced they’re going to treat him like they would treat any other doctor running for office.
    Which already is preferential treatment for him :hihi:

Yep
    ==============
    Former President Donald Trump once again claimed an election is being subverted by cheating, all while saying Dr. Mehmet Oz should go ahead and declare himself the winner of Pennsylvania’s Republican Senate primary.

The Pennsylvania race is currently too close to call as votes are being counted to see whether Oz — who was endorsed by Trump — managed to defeat Republican rival candidate Dave McCormick. The ambiguity over the final result stems from a combination of early voting and mail-in ballots that have yet to be counted.

As far as Trump sees it, the contest is already over, so he got on Truth Social and said “Dr. Oz should declare victory. It makes it much harder for them to cheat with the ballots that they “just happened to find.”...........

guess this can go here
    ===============

The early stages of the 2022 Republican primaries have served up a sizable dose of irony in re: GOP claims of fraud in the 2020 election — and, as it happens, in the very same states about which Donald Trump made his bogus 2020 claims.

The Pennsylvania GOP Senate primary on Tuesday remains unresolved; Trump-backed candidate Mehmet Oz holds a very narrow lead over Dave McCormick, before the counting of mail-in ballots.

Notably, Oz asserted his first lead of the race shortly after midnight on Wednesday, when a batch of votes from Bucks County helped him edge in front of McCormick.

Less than two years ago, such wee-hour “dumps” of ballots in Pennsylvania were cast by Trump as evidence of an election being stolen. After the 2020 election, Trump and his allies fought unsuccessfully to have all of the state’s 2.5 million mail ballots thrown out.

“It was 10 o’clock [on election night], and you looked at the numbers, and I’m sure you felt [I had won]; this election was over,” Trump said later on Fox News. “And then they did dumps. They called them dumps — big massive dumps in Michigan and Pennsylvania and all over.”

The situation in the 2022 Senate race isn’t nearly as pronounced as it was in 2020, when incomplete (and, thus, misleading) vote tallies, before ballots were counted in Philadelphia, showed Trump up by a big margin around midnight on election night. Then the count soon began to reflect Biden hacking away at Trump’s lead in an altogether-predictable (and even literally predicted) fashion, when those Philadelphia votes came in.

But such shifts were bound to be bigger in a Republican-vs.-Democrat race and given the heavily blue nature of Philadelphia, where vote totals were in line with what you would have expected. (They were actually friendlier for Trump than in 2016.) Yet Trump and his allies described the shift, far and wide, as suspicious.

This time, Trump’s candidate has been closing the gap, then edging ahead after midnight on election night, as more and more votes are reported — and for some reason this didn’t raise red flags for him.

The other irony in Pennsylvania is that this contest will now be decided by mail-in ballots. McCormick’s campaign is confident he will secure enough of a margin there to flip his deficit of about 2,500 votes. But we’re confronted by a situation in which Trump’s side could lose because of mail ballots — as he did in 2020 — after two years of crying foul over it.

Trump wasted little time Wednesday morning complaining about that. He even said Oz, who leads by just 0.2 percentage points, should just declare victory before people’s valid votes are actually counted.

It’s not clear whether Trump is going to cry “fraud” if his candidate does wind up losing thanks to those mail ballots, as opposed to merely complaining about Pennsylvania allowing mail voting and counting them so late.

But Pennsylvania wouldn’t be the first time this primary season that he and his allies will have looked past something that they once might have characterized as suspicious.........

there is some irony here

David McCormick’s campaign filed a lawsuit Monday afternoon arguing that election officials must count mail-in and absentee ballots that lack a date on their envelope, citing a federal court order released on Friday.

what does it mean....that the paper isnt going to call him "Dr Oz"?....
    what will they call him...i know what id call him but...what does this mean?

He doesn’t want to be called by his first and last name, is how I read it. He wants to always be referred to as Dr. Oz, rather than Mehmet Oz.

where do these goons get off....he wants to be prez but only known by his tv celeb name?
    another tv celeb looking for a new gig that has LOTS of perks.

sorry pal....its not a game show despite what you may have learnt..recently.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom