DOJ issues (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

MT15

Reaction score
    I think it might be helpful to have a separate thread for this in the coming weeks and months.

The four prosecutors who withdrew from the Stone case seem to have called attention to the DOJ and Bill Barr’s heavy hand in nearly every aspect of the department.

Justin Amash has some eye opening quotes he is attributing to Bill Barr in this Twitter thread. It’s not very comforting to someone who values their rights.

I would be interested in legal takes on Barr’s insisting that all investigations into any campaign must go to him before any information is even gathered. As well as Barr setting up some sort of “channel” where Rudy can funnel his highly suspect “findings” from Ukraine directly to Barr. When we have such a political AG as Barr, this takes the appearance of impropriety.

If he was serious, he would just do it, not “float“ the idea around.

If he was serious, he would just do it, not “float“ the idea around.
    It's him trying to show his "independence" from Trump. He wants to do Trump's bidding, but Trump's inability to let it happen quietly is making his job harder than it needs to be.

It's him trying to show his "independence" from Trump. He wants to do Trump's bidding, but Trump's inability to let it happen quietly is making his job harder than it needs to be.
    Yup, it's nothing but another "turd trick" much like his ABC interview. I don't think Barr rally cares that trump tweets at all.

Probably garbage but

Personally, I think it is probably true. I think that he was, in part, telling the POTUS exactly that before the world when he said the tweets were making it impossible to do his job.

It makes sense to me that he would tell people close to the POTUS rather than to the POTUS directly.

Assume, for the sake of argument, Barr has been truthful when he said that he has not spoken to the POTUS about Stone. He knows that if he talks to the POTUS directly about the tweets, even generally, there is no telling where Trump will go with the conversation and he will probably lose the ability to say they have never spoken about this and possibly other issues.

I think Barr has one foot out the door. He knew going into this that it would not be the normal tour of a duty for an AG. It has to be frustrating as hell to be the subject of every newscast for a week mainly because of unnecessary tweets.

Last edited:
    If it happens, 1 in 4 odds his replacement is Jeanine Pirro.

I'm sure Kushner is reading books about Justice preparing for his next role in the administration. By the time of his confirmation hearings, he will be an expert on the Justice league and if time permits he will watch Watchmen to get up to speed on Hooded Justice.

Why hasn’t he resigned yet?

He means ‘resistance to police’ doesn’t he?

Pretty sure the next move is to charge police shoot victims with stealing police property

This comes as a surprise to no one

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom