DOJ issues (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

MT15

Reaction score
    I think it might be helpful to have a separate thread for this in the coming weeks and months.

The four prosecutors who withdrew from the Stone case seem to have called attention to the DOJ and Bill Barr’s heavy hand in nearly every aspect of the department.

Justin Amash has some eye opening quotes he is attributing to Bill Barr in this Twitter thread. It’s not very comforting to someone who values their rights.

I would be interested in legal takes on Barr’s insisting that all investigations into any campaign must go to him before any information is even gathered. As well as Barr setting up some sort of “channel” where Rudy can funnel his highly suspect “findings” from Ukraine directly to Barr. When we have such a political AG as Barr, this takes the appearance of impropriety.

I’ve also been thinking about the claims that Trump “didn’t discuss” with Barr his disapproval of the DOJ sentence recommendation on Stone. That’s a truly absurd argument, of course he did, and he did it publicly. His tweet about it had an audience of one, message was received and action was taken. Anyone who denies there was communication from Trump to DOJ about the sentence is either lying or willingly believing a lie.

I have a hard time believing that these four seasoned, career prosecutors didn’t properly communicate within the DOJ, as they were supposed to, what their sentence recommendation would be beforehand. Bottom line, it was within sentencing guidelines.

Once again, Trump supporters would have us believe that it’s everyone else, whether it’s career diplomats, or career prosecutors, that have gone rogue in a fevered plot against Trump. When the most likely case is that a shady, corrupt man is carrying out shady, corrupt behavior.

I’ve also been thinking about the claims that Trump “didn’t discuss” with Barr his disapproval of the DOJ sentence recommendation on Stone. That’s a truly absurd argument, of course he did, and he did it publicly. His tweet about it had an audience of one, message was received and action was taken. Anyone who denies there was communication from Trump to DOJ about the sentence is either lying or willingly believing a lie.

I have a hard time believing that these four seasoned, career prosecutors didn’t properly communicate within the DOJ, as they were supposed to, what their sentence recommendation would be beforehand. Bottom line, it was within sentencing guidelines.

Once again, Trump supporters would have us believe that it’s everyone else, whether it’s career diplomats, or career prosecutors, that have gone rogue in a fevered plot against Trump. When the most likely case is that a shady, corrupt man is carrying out shady, corrupt behavior.

He did it privately too! Before the Barr got involved, regardless of whatever they say. We already know of Trump's and this administrations constant lying. Why anybody would believe anything they say at this point is beyond me.

The ability to swallow whole the entirety of the deep state nonsense is impressive, in a sort of train wreck way. At some point we can maybe have a reprise of all the times BF gushes “It’s happening” in a post.

Seriously, though, I have to wonder what is wrong with people who traffic in conspiracy theories so deeply. I mean I get the entertainment aspect, it might be a bit fun to think you know something that everyone else is ignoring. But just applying a modicum of common sense and logic makes all the “bread crumbs” just look like trash.

Barr’s interview yesterday actually poses more questions than it answers. According to him he had a deal with his own hand picked US Attorney for one sort of recommendation and then when he saw the actual recommendation he was surprised. Wouldn’t it be unusual for the AG to weigh in on this in advance? Why would he even be doing that?

That also runs counter to what I understood happened, which was that the new US Attorney had signed off on the original recommendation, and everything was done by the book. Then the tweet happened and Barr ham handedly made them revise the document. Which led to all four prosecutors withdrawing in protest. If Barr had directed their recommendation in advance, they would have taken Barr’s recommendations, they may not have liked it, but they would have gone along. It was changing the document in response to a direct request from Trump that was a bridge too far. It seems fairly obvious.

Then Barr said he verbally told staff before the tweet that he would change the recommendation, so conveniently there will be no paper evidence of that desire before the tweet. And he makes the point that Trump’s tweets are preventing him from doing his job. What he means by this statement is that he knows what Trump wants him to do and the tweets are making it too obvious for him to get away with it without significant blowback.

And then Trump is surprisingly acquiescent to Barr’s remarks criticizing Trump. It’s all so fake, so easily seen through.

And then Trump is surprisingly acquiescent to Barr’s remarks criticizing Trump. It’s all so fake, so easily seen through.

Yea, I think the people in DoJ who are upset with Barr are only going to find this orchestrated response insulting.

I'm sure the foxnews crowd is satisfied that the DoJ is independent though, and welcome the resignations of more snowflake deep state operatives from DoJ.

Barr’s interview yesterday actually poses more questions than it answers. According to him he had a deal with his own hand picked US Attorney for one sort of recommendation and then when he saw the actual recommendation he was surprised. Wouldn’t it be unusual for the AG to weigh in on this in advance? Why would he even be doing that?

That also runs counter to what I understood happened, which was that the new US Attorney had signed off on the original recommendation, and everything was done by the book. Then the tweet happened and Barr ham handedly made them revise the document. Which led to all four prosecutors withdrawing in protest. If Barr had directed their recommendation in advance, they would have taken Barr’s recommendations, they may not have liked it, but they would have gone along. It was changing the document in response to a direct request from Trump that was a bridge too far. It seems fairly obvious.

Then Barr said he verbally told staff before the tweet that he would change the recommendation, so conveniently there will be no paper evidence of that desire before the tweet. And he makes the point that Trump’s tweets are preventing him from doing his job. What he means by this statement is that he knows what Trump wants him to do and the tweets are making it too obvious for him to get away with it without significant blowback.

Your creative writing teacher would be so proud.

As Barr and Durham approach the target they will catch more flak.
    This next manufactured crisis is all about trying to discredit Barr before Durham's investigation is complete. It appears that the prosecutors recommending the maximum sentence and then quitting was planned.

The enhancement those prosecutors used to get to 7 to 9 years from 2 to 3 years is highly questionable.

So, can you clearly state what is the “target”? Or who?
    It appears Brennan is one of the targets. This New York Times article talks about it and these tweets highlight some of the main points of the article.

The Durham investigation has rattled current and former intelligence officers. Little precedent exists for a criminal prosecutor to review the analytic judgment-making process of intelligence agencies, said Michael Morrell, a former acting C.I.A. director who left the government in 2013.

... to discredit Barr ...

Barr has done that all on his own. There's no need for anybody else to aid him.

I wonder what it must be like going through life and seeing a conspiracy everywhere you look because of tweets from Techno Frog.

SFL, you keep posting the same tweets over and over. They’re largely speculation, so I’m not sure why you keep posting them.

What do you think? Do you think there is some deep state conspiracy that is currently operating over multiple agencies with hundreds if not thousands of parties involved to try to make Trump look bad? Why would they even have to do anything to damage Trump when he damages himself almost daily?

It’s sort of ironic that people who support Trump think he is trying to get rid of corruption. He’s a thoroughly corrupt man. He cares nothing about America or “the little guy” and it’s a fool’s errand to think he does. He’s spent his entire adult life screwing the “little guy”. His “charity” was cheating a children’s cancer fund. His “university” was closed because it was scamming people who could ill afford to lose their money. These are facts. But you (collectively) look the other way and get caught up in all this stuff that is meant to distract you from what Trump is doing.

SFL, you keep posting the same tweets over and over. They’re largely speculation, so I’m not sure why you keep posting them.

What do you think? Do you think there is some deep state conspiracy that is currently operating over multiple agencies with hundreds if not thousands of parties involved to try to make Trump look bad? Why would they even have to do anything to damage Trump when he damages himself almost daily?

It’s sort of ironic that people who support Trump think he is trying to get rid of corruption. He’s a thoroughly corrupt man. He cares nothing about America or “the little guy” and it’s a fool’s errand to think he does. He’s spent his entire adult life screwing the “little guy”. His “charity” was cheating a children’s cancer fund. His “university” was closed because it was scamming people who could ill afford to lose their money. These are facts. But you (collectively) look the other way and get caught up in all this stuff that is meant to distract you from what Trump is doing.
    It's even more ironic that many of the left and in the media have never seen a Trump investigation that they didn't like, but now you don't want anyone investigated who could possibly be involved in illegal or corrupt actions.

Its been proven that there was illegal spying on an American citizen and a Presidential campaign, but any investigation that looks into that isn't something you all want to know more about.

Barr has done that all on his own. There's no need for anybody else to aid him.

I wonder what it must be like going through life and seeing a conspiracy everywhere you look because of tweets from Techno Frog.
    How about from the IG report or the DOJ saying 2 of the carter page FISA warrants are invalid or illegal? Nothing to see right? Just some carelessness?

The ability to swallow whole the entirety of the deep state nonsense is impressive, in a sort of train wreck way. At some point we can maybe have a reprise of all the times BF gushes “It’s happening” in a post.

Seriously, though, I have to wonder what is wrong with people who traffic in conspiracy theories so deeply. I mean I get the entertainment aspect, it might be a bit fun to think you know something that everyone else is ignoring. But just applying a modicum of common sense and logic makes all the “bread crumbs” just look like trash.
    How long did you believe in the Trump helped Russia interfere in the election conspiracy theory? Do you still believe in it? It's pretty funny to see people complain about conspiracy theories when they believed the biggest conspiracy theory of all time.

How long did you believe in the Trump helped Russia interfere in the election conspiracy theory? Do you still believe in it? It's pretty funny to see people complain about conspiracy theories when they believed the biggest conspiracy theory of all time.

I still believe the Trump campaign colluded with Russia in 2016.

I also believe that OJ killed his wife.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom