Does Trump ever do any jail time? (5 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Optimus Prime

Reaction score
    Everything I've seen and heard says that the split second Donald Trump is no longer president there will be flood of charges waiting for him

And if he resigns and Pence pardons him there are a ton of state charges as an understudy waiting in the wings if the fed charges can't perform

What do you think the likelihood of there being a jail sentence?

In every movie and TV show I've ever seen, in every political thriller I've ever read about a criminal and corrupt president there is ALWAYS some version of;

"We can't do that to the country",

"A trial would tear the country apart",

"For the nation to heal we need to move on" etc.

Would life imitate art?

Even with the charges, even with the proof the charges are true will the powers that be decide, "we can't do that to the country"?

Last edited:
    Hannity tried to save him. Threw him a lifeline and trump hung himself with it

And I'm sure the answer is no, but is the Nixon/$18 million thing even remotely true?
    It was hilarious. Vanity tossed Trump a softball, and Trump whiffed so badly the Hannity walked up and put the ball on a tee, and Trump swung three or four more times.

7b474bb94b25282f5eae7ed0afc9725d339ef5c7.jpg

An Atlanta-area district attorney investigating whether former president Donald Trump and his allies broke the law when they sought to overturn Trump’s 2020 election loss in Georgia said she will announce this summer whether charges will be filed in the case.

Fulton County District Attorney Fani T. Willis (D) made the announcement in letters sent to state and law enforcement Monday urging a “need for heightened security and preparedness in coming months due to this pending announcement.”

In one of the letters, addressed to Fulton County Sheriff Patrick Labat and obtained by The Washington Post, Willis said she would announce possible criminal indictments in the case between July 11 and Sept. 1 and warned that “[o]pen-source intelligence has indicated the announcement of decisions in this case may provoke a significant public reaction.”

“We have seen in recent years that some may go outside of public expressions of opinion that are protected by the First Amendment to engage in acts of violence that will engage the safety [of] our community,” Wills wrote. “As leaders, it is incumbent for us to prepare.”

“Please accept this correspondence as notice to allow you sufficient time to prepare the Sheriff’s Office and coordinate with local, state and federal agencies to ensure that our law enforcement community is ready to protect the public,” Willis added.

The letters, first reported by the Atlanta Journal Constitution, were the strongest indication yet that Willis may file criminal charges in the high-profile case, which has cast scrutiny not only on the actions of Trump and his closest allies but also has ensnared a host of prominent Republicans, including former New York mayor Rudy Giuliani and Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.)……

An Atlanta-area district attorney investigating whether former president Donald Trump and his allies broke the law when they sought to overturn Trump’s 2020 election loss in Georgia said she will announce this summer whether charges will be filed in the case.

Fulton County District Attorney Fani T. Willis (D) made the announcement in letters sent to state and law enforcement Monday urging a “need for heightened security and preparedness in coming months due to this pending announcement.”

In one of the letters, addressed to Fulton County Sheriff Patrick Labat and obtained by The Washington Post, Willis said she would announce possible criminal indictments in the case between July 11 and Sept. 1 and warned that “[o]pen-source intelligence has indicated the announcement of decisions in this case may provoke a significant public reaction.”

“We have seen in recent years that some may go outside of public expressions of opinion that are protected by the First Amendment to engage in acts of violence that will engage the safety [of] our community,” Wills wrote. “As leaders, it is incumbent for us to prepare.”

“Please accept this correspondence as notice to allow you sufficient time to prepare the Sheriff’s Office and coordinate with local, state and federal agencies to ensure that our law enforcement community is ready to protect the public,” Willis added.

The letters, first reported by the Atlanta Journal Constitution, were the strongest indication yet that Willis may file criminal charges in the high-profile case, which has cast scrutiny not only on the actions of Trump and his closest allies but also has ensnared a host of prominent Republicans, including former New York mayor Rudy Giuliani and Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.)……

I ask myself, if she weren't going to try to charge Trump would she write a letter asking for the police to set up security.

She does have to get a grand jury to vote to indict, but insofar as her intent to try, I think she's going to try.

In the coming months?

I think the pace of that investigation has caused it to lose credibility.
    I think she has to drag her feet so that they might be able to impanel a jury who won't have at least one person on it who would nullify the result of the trial.

People are funny they will eventually will turn on Trump once they realize he's a loser who can't any longer fight for them.

They'll give up. But that hopeless realization hasn't set in on them yet.

He will need to be charged by multiple prosecutors to remove any hope that he can make a comeback, and then there will need to be a long delay time before any of the cases go to trial so that the people who would hang a jury can have had the time for their feelings about him to evolve. They will eventually get mad at him for losing their love which involves their hope.

Folks go through a stage where they get mad at a loved one who dies, and because of that death leaves them. This is kind of like that.

So don't be in a hurry. :)

I think she has to drag her feet so that they might be able to impanel a jury who won't have at least one person on it who would nullify the result of the trial.

People are funny they will eventually will turn on Trump once they realize he's a loser who can't any longer fight for them.

They'll give up. But that hopeless realization hasn't set in on them yet.

He will need to be charged by multiple prosecutors to remove any hope that he can make a comeback, and then there will need to be a long delay time before any of the cases go to trial so that the people who would hang a jury can have had the time for their feelings about him to evolve. They will eventually get mad at him for losing their love which involves their hope.

Folks go through a stage where they get mad at a loved one who dies, and because of that death leaves them. This is kind of like that.

So don't be in a hurry. :)
    The problem is he's going to be in the middle of a primary and eventually the general so that will make things more difficult because a lot of people, enough people will think this is just another political attempt to knock him out of the election and not a real attempt at proving he's committed actual criminal acts...even if he has. They have to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt and convince a jury that it is. I hope it happens, but the further along they get, the less optimistic I am.

Excuse my ignorance, but couldn't the taped conversation between Trump and Ga. Att. General
    Brad Raffensperger be considered a smoking gun?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump–Raffensperger_phone_call#:~:text=During the phone call, Trump,regarding voting in the state.
    Yeah, I always figured they had the goods with the phone records, but what we hear might not necessarily be viewed in the same light as what a judge and jury would. So, no idea. It's part of why I'm scratching my head on why it's taking so long.

Only thing I can think of is maybe they're dragging their feel to let the other litigation he's facing play out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom