Democratic debate discussion... (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

crosswatt

Reaction score
    Figure I'll start this for those watching. Obvious starting point is the impeachment hearings and how the senators will vote if it is brought to the Senate.

So I'm not in favor of Medicare for All or anything, but I'm tired of hearing about people being happy with their insurance. I can't imagine anyone actually being "happy" with their policy. It's a talking point that needs to die.

I think my TV only gets Fox.

Is Deval Patrick in the debate?

Surpised we don't have a thread about him.

I think my TV only gets Fox.
    I mean, it's probably available online somewhere if you were actually interested.

Is Deval Patrick in the debate?

No. He hasn't been in the race long enough to hit the parameters required to be included.

Surpised we don't have a thread about him.

Not sure he moves the needle enough really to deserve that yet.

So I'm not in favor of Medicare for All or anything, but I'm tired of hearing about people being happy with their insurance. I can't imagine anyone actually being "happy" with their policy. It's a talking point that needs to die.

ahem

giphy.gif

I actually like/love my insurance

ahem

giphy.gif

I actually like/love my insurance
    Yeah but you're a weirdo.

😉

I'm actually suprised. I have what I would describe as pretty good insurance and the nickel and diming and trying to figure the percentages I'm going to owe for say my wife to go to physical therapy on a per visit basis is really beyond what I'd consider acceptable or desirable. (I'm on a federal Blue Cross and Blue Shield PPO for the record.)

Yeah but you're a weirdo.

😉

I'm actually suprised. I have what I would describe as pretty good insurance and the nickel and diming and trying to figure the percentages I'm going to owe for say my wife to go to physical therapy on a per visit basis is really beyond what I'd consider acceptable or desirable. (I'm on a federal Blue Cross and Blue Shield PPO for the record.)

I have Anthem/Blue shield (Pretty sure) I mean I've had worse. But I mean for what I pay and what it cost me oop I know others who have worse. But I would say esp the past 5 years that there isn't anything I can complain about. I also take less pay then some other places for a better insurance.

I have Anthem/Blue shield (Pretty sure) I mean I've had worse. But I mean for what I pay and what it cost me oop I know others who have worse. But I would say esp the past 5 years that there isn't anything I can complain about. I also take less pay then some other places for a better insurance.
    We have like twelve plans to choose from each open season and for the life of me I can't find one I actually feel is a good value for the coverage. Of course I used to sell health insurance so I'm always finding an issue somewhere in the policy I'm looking at.

I actually like mayor Pete's plan to let the different systems compete against each other and let's see which one actually works best for the majority of Americans.

And I withdraw my criticism of the "love their insurance" talking point.

We have like twelve plans to choose from each open season and for the life of me I can't find one I actually feel is a good value for the coverage. Of course I used to sell health insurance so I'm always finding an issue somewhere in the policy I'm looking at.

I actually like mayor Pete's plan to let the different systems compete against each other and let's see which one actually works best for the majority of Americans.

And I withdraw my criticism of the "love their insurance" talking point.

We have a basically bronze, silver and gold. Then single or family.

Whether you want single payer or some other mechanism, I would be curious of the argument in favor of a system that makes you decide on the trade off of worse salary or a better private insurance plan that will only be there as long as you are able to fulfil your employment duties or afford a vastly more burdensome Cobra plan if you lose that job?

In a system that is going to cap your income indefinitely because insurance price inflation vastly outpaces salary inflation and is part of an unsustainable system.

So 9 months ago the world was ending in 12 years and now we're down to 8. I'm going to need a calculator.

I generally agree, however....

My wife works for the State of Florida. Her insurance is freaking amazing.

We pay like $180/month for a $250 per person deductible ($500 family), and like a $4000 or 5000 max family out of pocket (half for a single person).

My old work insurance's deductible was about as high as our out of pocket max

I generally agree, however....

My wife works for the State of Florida. Her insurance is freaking amazing.

We pay like $180/month for a $250 per person deductible ($500 family), and like a $4000 or 5000 max family out of pocket (half for a single person).

My old work insurance's deductible was about as high as our out of pocket max
    To me this is a pretty strong argument for the inherent inequity in the system and how something most developed countries would call their default coverage is considered a jackpot luxury in this one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom