DEAN PHILLIPS is challenging Pres. Biden (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    US Rep. (D from MN) DEAN PHILLIPS is challenging President Biden to represent the Democratic Party for President.
    I only discovered this today (1/20/2024)
    He is wealthy and expects to stay in the race even if it appears hopeless...because Biden is in his 80s and "ya never what could happen"

1) What do Democratic posters on madaboutpolitics think of him? Please consider separating your thoughts about him as a D congressman from your thoughts about his decision to challenge Biden. I'd enjoy it if you answered both...yet separately. Just a request that you naturally can ignore if you wish.
    2) I anticipate that many will state that he is wasting his time, yet could his "waste of time candidacy" never the less harm Biden politically? :unsure:

FWIW, I don’t see Trump having a chance in the general. He will lose by much more than he did in 2020. There are lots of signs that this will be so, but at the same time we have to all turn out to vote. Biden is doing fine, even though you’re not getting everything you want immediately.

I just saw this:

If the election were today, Trump would win in an electoral landslide. That isn't an opinion.

There isn't anything that is going to happen between now and November that is going to change that.

Regardless of what people say, no one who would vote for Trump today, is going to change their mind just because he gets convicted. They will rationalize it and just say he wasn't fairly convicted.

We need to start accepting reality. The Truth is that Biden never really recovered from the Afghanistan withdrawal. He's been upside down in approval ever since.

Polls have actually been pretty good the last 10 years or so. Even in 2016, Trump was always within the margin of error.

People know what’s at stake with this election. Women, especially, know what’s at stake, because we have already lost bodily autonomy in 30 some states and if Trump wins, we will lose it nationwide. Dobbs will drive women to the polls, and not only young women, I am super motivated by Dobbs. Biden has a majority of people over 65 due to R insistence that Social Security and Medicare must be cut. Biden has young people because of Dobbs. It will work out.

Dean isn't an option. He couldn't even garner 20% in a state where Biden wasn't on the ticket and had to be written in. The democratic electorate isn't split and Dean will take no votes from Biden. I get the wishful thinking from those who really don't want Biden to be president, but it's time to move on.

1706112032176.png

If the election were today, Trump would win in an electoral landslide. That isn't an opinion.

There isn't anything that is going to happen between now and November that is going to change that.

Regardless of what people say, no one who would vote for Trump today, is going to change their mind just because he gets convicted. They will rationalize it and just say he wasn't fairly convicted.

We need to start accepting reality.

Polls have actually been pretty good the last 10 years or so. Even in 2016, Trump was always within the margin of error.

Polls aren’t reality. They were very off in NH just last night. Trump has lost a significant portion of Rs due to his Jan. 6 nonsense. And independents already didn’t support him, and more oppose him now than in 2020. He hasn’t picked up any new voters since 2020, he’s only lost support.

Polls aren’t reality. They were very off in NH just last night. Trump has lost a significant portion of Rs due to his Jan. 6 nonsense. And independents already didn’t support him, and more oppose him now than in 2020. He hasn’t picked up any new voters since 2020, he’s only lost support.

Don't get me wrong, i hope you're right.

I think many of us are in denial.

We need to start accepting reality. The Truth is that Biden never really recovered from the Afghanistan withdrawal. He's been upside down in approval ever since.

Trump wouldn't win in a landslide. Not now and not in November.

Don't get me wrong, i hope you're right.

I think many of us are in denial.
    I remember calling my son shortly after the 2020 election, and he was a bit despondent because he only looked at polls and early returns. He said I cannot believe Trump got re-elected, and I said, but he didn’t. When you look at what is left to count and where things are headed, Biden will win. I don’t think he was convinced, lol.

But I wasn’t in denial. I do try to be realistic.

I remember calling my son shortly after the 2020 election, and he was a bit despondent because he only looked at polls and early returns. He said I cannot believe Trump got re-elected, and I said, but he didn’t. When you look at what is left to count and where things are headed, Biden will win. I don’t think he was convinced, lol.

But I wasn’t in denial. I do try to be realistic.

I was never worried about 2020.

If you aren't worried right now, then you just haven't really looked into it very far.

I was never worried about 2020.

If you aren't worried right now, then you just haven't really looked into it very far.
    Well, I have. I keep up with stuff. You should have been worried about 2020, right? Trump was the incumbent. You shouldn’t be this worried today.

Look at it this way: In November 2020 nobody knew how far Trump would go to try to overturn an election. Nobody knew he would incite a mob to try to prevent the peaceful transfer of power. Now all normal people know, and they don’t want that again.

I'm bitter for sure.

The country is broken. MAGA isn't ever going away.

You've, generally, always had some fringe elements but they rarely took over an entire party like MAGA.

MAGA is like a tea party STD

It used to be a small group of TEA party members, small enough that nobody took seriously. Somehow that small segment of crazies seemed to have infected the entire party, which evolved/morphed into the MAGA-ites of today.

You've, generally, always had some fringe elements but they rarely took over an entire party like MAGA.

MAGA is like a tea party STD

It used to be a small group of TEA party members, small enough that nobody took seriously. Somehow that small segment of crazies seemed to have infected the entire party, which evolved/morphed into the MAGA-ites of today.

yes, it is like a virus, and we don't have it under control. There are more MAGA today, that there have ever been.

It will continue to spread, and eventually we will have something similar develop on the other side that is seen as a way to combat it.

The country will then just have two viruses that are spreading, and it will kill us.

It is great to have freedom, as long as you have peace. Without peace, freedom is useless.

Do you really think that it's the same thing as what I'm talking about?
    Well, you are holding an immutable trait against a person. Rather than judging them on ability and performance. It is what it is. I don’t know what else to tell you about it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom