Critical race theory (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

DaveXA

Reaction score
    Frankly, I'm completely ignorant when it comes to the Critical Race Theory curriculum. What is it, where does it come from, and is it legitimate? Has anyone here read it and maybe give a quick summary?

If this has been covered in another thread, then I missed it.

Considering we don't know what or how much was edited, it could be literally anything. Taking a long conversation over dinner and drinks and distilling it into two minutes' worth of soundbites removes all context.

I ask again- do you care about any of the context removed from these videos or do you just want to believe the cherry-picked soundbites?
    What's selectively edited out of these videos?

I don't know. To know that I'd have to actually watch them, and that would be silly because I'm not interested in the breath of this topic at all.

It would be quite fine with me if schools taught whatever the teachers who teach feel is the right thing to teach. School boards exist to regulate that and I think they do that well enough.

"Let's make a law" are three words which are most often followed by many words of noisome nonsense.

I don't know. To know that I'd have to actually watch them, and that would be silly because I'm not interested in the breath of this topic at all.

It would be quite fine with me if schools taught whatever the teachers who teach feel is the right thing to teach. School boards exist to regulate that and I think they do that well enough.

"Let's make a law" are three words which are most often followed by many words of noisome nonsense.
    I get your position Sam. That being said the Dover Bd of Ed fiasco underscores the potential for problems with school boards. Radicalized religionists can make a mess. Add to that DeSantis style whack jobs and we end up with bullschlitz like this.

I have no idea because PV makes a point to not release the raw video unless absolutely necessary. When they do, it undermines their argument. I showed you where to find out about this exact tactic so you could read these sources for yourself and your response is this ridiculous bullshirt.

You don't know if it was just edited to time, but I understand your attempt to deflect about what he said. I've posted many examples of CRT being taught in schools and you guys always have an excuse or claim it's not happening.

Neither do you, and that's the entire forking point. As shown above, you have zero care for the truth. PV is proven to engage in deceptive editing techniques and lies and you are still touting these edited videos. Before, you claimed ignorance of their deception. Now you've been handed proof and you just ignore it. You are just as dishonest as them and your thoughts and opinions are nothing more than the worst of partisan bullshirt. It's forking pathetic.

I have no idea because PV makes a point to not release the raw video unless absolutely necessary. When they do, it undermines their argument. I showed you where to find out about this exact tactic so you could read these sources for yourself and your response is this ridiculous bullshirt.

Neither do you, and that's the entire forking point. As shown above, you have zero care for the truth. PV is proven to engage in deceptive editing techniques and lies and you are still touting these edited videos. Before, you claimed ignorance of their deception. Now you've been handed proof and you just ignore it. You are just as dishonest as them and your thoughts and opinions are nothing more than the worst of partisan bullshirt. It's forking pathetic.
    That link you responded to is not from Project Veritas. It's from Accuracy In Media.
    Full video:

I'm curious what excuses you will have for this one. I've posted plenty other examples of CRT in schools that has nothing to do with Project Veritas and all of you still denied it was happening.

That link you responded to is not from Project Veritas. It's from Accuracy In Media.
    Full video:

I'm curious what excuses you will have for this one. I've posted plenty other examples of CRT in schools that has nothing to do with Project Veritas and all of you still denied it was happening.

So define CRT in your own words. Do you mean CRT as it originally exists or CRT as Rufo changed the meaning? Because of Rufo, now CRT means black history and/or the historic nature of racism in this country. Are you against teaching factual history? Because it sounds like you are.

Full video:

I thought you distrusted warmongers and torture defenders. Weird.

Edit: Did you just parrot the line that it's the "full video" when it's under 7 minutes and clearly edited? Jesus, man, your media literacy is less than zero.

Full video:

I did look at like 40 secs of that video, and I have to tell you, if you think that's not a doctored video, you are gullible. The audio alone...

Bur again, even if CRT (whatever that means to you, since you refuse to define what it means to you) is being thought in schools, so forking what? You don't think the little snowflakes can handle the truth and are going to get their feelings hurt?

And aren't you against censorship?

FnvbWYLWYA8s3Rw

Teaching black history is totally different that CRT and you guys know that, but I understand why yall try to conflate the two.

I don't think black history includes teaching about white supremacy, making white kids feel guilty, making black kids feel oppressed, for black kids to be careful around white people, or that America's history is primarily one of oppression and racism.

I don't think black history includes teaching about white supremacy,
    Holy shirt.

What do you think pretty much all of black history in America is?

making white kids feel guilty
    Again, no one is expecting students to feel guilty about what their ancestors did. If they're not doing anything to change current discriminations, then they have every right to feel guilty.

making black kids feel oppressed
    No one is making black kids feel oppressed by telling them what happened to their ancestors.

black kids to be careful around white people
    This is more being taught in the news than the classroom.

that America's history is primarily one of oppression and racism
    There were 188 years between the American Revolution and the Civil Rights Act of 1964. There have been 59 years since. I'm 39 years old, so there were only 20 years before I was born that we didn't have segregation. This doesn’t even factor in the colonial period.

I hate to break it to you, but America's history has been one primarily of oppression and racism, even if you pretend that it no longer exists.

Teaching black history is totally different that CRT and you guys know that, but I understand why yall try to conflate the two.

I don't think black history includes teaching about white supremacy, making white kids feel guilty, making black kids feel oppressed, for black kids to be careful around white people, or that America's history is primarily one of oppression and racism.

How do you not mention white supremacy, oppression or racism when teaching American history, let alone black history? You wouldn't be teaching history at that point, you'd be teaching the fabled American exceptionalism. Why is it so horrible to critically study racism and the role it's played in shaping this countries history, policies and people?

All the other crap you mentioned has nothing to do with CRT and are made up by the right wing.

I don't think black history includes teaching about white supremacy,
    Whether you like it or not, white supremacy, racism, and the actual principles of CRT are integral parts of black history in the U.S.

making white kids feel guilty,
    Oh, no! Poor little snowflakes gonna get their feelings hurt!

making black kids feel oppressed, for black kids to be careful around white people,
    I guarantee you, it is not CRT that makes black kids feel oppressed or be careful around white people.

or that America's history is primarily one of oppression and racism.
    Whether you like it or not, oppression and racism are integral parts of U.S. history.

And yet again I ask, aren't you against government censorship? If you got all bent out of shape over the federal government working with Twitter to remove Russian bots, you should be climbing walls in outrage because State governments are censoring CRT.

Still waiting for “y’all” to tell us what CRT is.

Did you know that Herman Melvill's classic book Moby Dick is a scathing critique of White Supremacy, and Empire?

Or that Jack London's book Sea Wolf is scathing critique of Slavery?

This issue is a very old one, and those books and many more like them were written with their real message hidden in subtext to get around the old prohibition on what talking about and teaching of CRT is today.

You're not being "for free speech" SaintForLife. NO!

Free Speech for this topic has not been a long tradition in the USA. Only for a few short years have the critics of White Supremacy, Empire, and Slavery had any amount of freedom of speech in this country. And now you, and yours, want to return us to that past life where free speech was not free for everyone.

:(

Still waiting for “y’all” to tell us what CRT is.
    I suggest you get yourself a harpoon and boat and go off whaling while you wait for that to happen Bird. Fill up a cask of oil for the Wellerman.

There's rich subtext hidden in this song:

Did you know that Herman Melvill's classic book Moby Dick is a scathing critique of White Supremacy, and Empire?

Or that Jack London's book Sea Wolf is scathing critique of Slavery?

This issue is a very old one, and those books and many more like them were written with their real message hidden in subtext to get around the old prohibition on what talking about and teaching of CRT is today.

You're not being "for free speech" SaintForLife. NO!

Free Speech for this topic has not been a long tradition in the USA. Only for a few short years have the critics of White Supremacy, Empire, and Slavery had any amount of freedom of speech in this country. And now you, and yours, want to return us to that past life where free speech was not free for everyone.

:(
    What an idiotic strawman, but it's not surprising because you always need pictures to convey your message.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom