Critical race theory (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

DaveXA

Reaction score
    Frankly, I'm completely ignorant when it comes to the Critical Race Theory curriculum. What is it, where does it come from, and is it legitimate? Has anyone here read it and maybe give a quick summary?

If this has been covered in another thread, then I missed it.

I was trying to figure out who came first. The coneheads or the KKK. My vote goes to the coneheads.

And you'll be correct.

The coneheads have their roots in Catholic brotherhoods in Valencia, Spain, who during Easter, parade wearing their robes and coneheads. These brotherhoods originated in the 16th century during the Revolt of the Brotherhoods in Valencia, an anti-monarchy and anti-muslim revolt.

They all have different colors, but these will look familiar :hihi:

valencia.jpg

@Paul seems to always put the onus on the left to stop being impacted by the racists on the right as a solution to ending racism and racial ID politics. I really appreciate those of you who are destroying everyone of his arguments, one, because they make little sense, two, because they are not grounded in reality and three, because it's so easy to use his own words against him. @Paul has chosen to ignore my questions but those questions are being asked and they're being asked because they are so glaring, based on what @Paul posts.

@Paul's belief is based on the notion that the left is the problem. His explanations bend over backwards to excuse the actions of the right as some sort of equal reaction based on the left. He even attempted to put forth that notion using Newton's 3rd law, as asinine and ridiculous a notion that I've ever seen floated here. I'm glad that others are seeing the bullshirt for what it is.

The racism wasn't massive and clearly visible to the racists and their apologists in the 1950s, it is only obvious in hindsight. To them, MLK didn't appreciate all the progress that had been made since the days of slavery. That should sound familiar to you.

Same as today, you are just a modern day apologist.

And you'll be correct.

The coneheads have their roots in Catholic brotherhoods in Valencia, Spain, who during Easter, parade wearing their robes and coneheads. These brotherhoods originated in the 16th century during the Revolt of the Brotherhoods in Valencia, an anti-monarchy and anti-muslim revolt.

They all have different colors, but these will look familiar :hihi:

valencia.jpg
    There is a video of a black American visiting during Easter week and having to watch the cone heads.
    You aren't going to convince me of anything by linking Bill Maher.
    Stay on your echo chamber. Maher is a liberal with common sense.

There is a video of a black American visiting during Easter week and having to watch the cone heads.

Stay on your echo chamber. Maher is a liberal with common sense.

Echo Chamber?

I watch Bill Maher every week, but just for the comedy. It's not like I am protecting my fragile liberalism from exposure to him, i just think he's a comedian who's opinion isn't worth any more than anyone else's.

Just posting a video of him that i have already seen several times with no contribution of your own thoughts, isn't something i am going to bother considering though. I'm not having a discussion with Bill Maher.

Echo Chamber?

I watch Bill Maher every week, but just for the comedy. It's not like I am protecting my fragile liberalism from exposure to him, i just think he's a comedian who's opinion isn't worth any more than anyone else's.

Just posting a video of him that i have already seen several times with no contribution of your own thoughts, isn't something i am going to bother considering though. I'm not having a discussion with Bill Maher.
    OK, at least you get the point! No worries.

Umm... his video says nothing about ignoring racism. I get it that anything that mentions "woke" in a negative light is going to ring your bell, but that video says nothing that implies people should ignore racism and it will go away.
    I agree! Maher is simply saying that we are moving in the right direction. He likes to make fun of the hyper-woke, he is a comedian.

I agree! Maher is simply saying that we are moving in the right direction. He likes to make fun of the hyper-woke, he is a comedian.
    He also makes fun of the ignorant right wing and the idiotic conspiracy theories that have a good bit of them foaming at the mouth.

You posted the video in a reply to me about racism going away if we ignore it. In that context the video makes zero sense.

Are we better off in race relations than we were 150, 100, even 50 years ago? You bet. Are we better off than we were 10-20 years ago? I don’t think we are and have taken steps backwards since 2000 definitely. And the problem isn’t based in RBP.

Are we better off in race relations than we were 150, 100, even 50 years ago? You bet. Are we better off than we were 10-20 years ago? I don’t think we are and have taken steps backwards since 2000 definitely. And the problem isn’t based in RBP.
    9/11 caused many racists to come out of hiding, and i believe that saved white supremacy from going extinct.

It exposed the next generation to open racism in a way that GenX had been insulated from. People became openly Islamophobic, and too many good people were afraid to correct them on it in the aftermath of 911. I don't believe that we would have any meaningful support of confederate monuments, Qanon, or Proud Boys if not for 911.

He also makes fun of the ignorant right wing and the idiotic conspiracy theories that have a good bit of them foaming at the mouth.

You posted the video in a reply to me about racism going away if we ignore it. In that context the video makes zero sense.

If you ask a person in the year 2000 if the USA would have a POC president they would say NO WAY JOSE. The progress is obvious. However, the progress has been nullified by people that have acquired this new gadget call a dog whistle detector. They generally set it on high sensitivity and all of a sudden racism is everywhere.

9/11 caused many racists to come out of hiding, and i believe that saved white supremacy from going extinct.

It exposed the next generation to open racism in a way that GenX had been insulated from. People became openly Islamophobic, and too many good people were afraid to correct them on it in the aftermath of 911. I don't believe that we would have any meaningful support of confederate monuments, Qanon, or Proud Boys if not for 911.
    PTSD regarding racism has gone up. And that is a problem that needs a solution ASAP.

If you ask a person in the year 2000 if the USA would have a POC president they would say NO WAY JOSE. The progress is obvious. However, the progress has been nullified by people that have acquired this new gadget call a dog whistle detector. They generally set it on high sensitivity and all of a sudden racism is everywhere.

If we ignore covid it will go away.

If we ignore cancer it will go away.

No one ever got cancer before we started testing for it. Tests cause cancer.

Nah man, I knew in 2000 we would have a POC President sooner rather than later. Didn’t think it would be as soon as 2008, but am glad it was.

The progress was nullified by the racist reactions to getting a black President and the many many leaders on the right pushing racist tropes about him and his family (even before the election). To lay that at the feet of “dog whistle detectors” going off is laughable.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom