Critical race theory (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

• DaveXA

Reaction score
    Frankly, I'm completely ignorant when it comes to the Critical Race Theory curriculum. What is it, where does it come from, and is it legitimate? Has anyone here read it and maybe give a quick summary?

If this has been covered in another thread, then I missed it.

Things are getting better with ups and downs. However, the trend is improvement.
    Depends on what period you are using as your sample size. Over the last fifty? Of course. However, we live in uncertain times. Never would I have thought I'd seen a sitting President encourage a mob of lunatics to sack the Capitol. Never would I have thought to see 90% of the GOP enable such actions. I'm not about to make any predictions on how race relations will go in the next five or ten years.

Depends on what period you are using as your sample size. Over the last fifty? Of course. However, we live in uncertain times. Never would I have thought I'd seen a sitting President encourage a mob of lunatics to sack the Capitol. Never would I have thought to see 90% of the GOP enable such actions. I'm not about to make any predictions on how race relations will go in the next five or ten years.
    Yes, we seen to be in the midst of a downward trend due to the election of Trump. The worst is now behind.

Ideally both sides should abandon race based politics and look at issues from a different perspective. Why not promote noble causes from a humanist point of view. This would have universal appeal and would lessen the tensions associated with race ID politics.

I just don't know how you can say that with any degree of certainty. If anything, the last six months have shown that Trump and his grip on the GOP is here to stay.
    I hope not. But, the future cannot be predicted.
    As a nation the USA needs unity themes. Used to be sports were a uniting force and that is not the case anymore. Patriotism is certainly not uniting people either. Name one thing that is uniting Americans today.

I hope not. But, the future cannot be predicted.
    Unfortunately, hope is not a strategy. And you better believe that the future can so be predicted. Past behavior is the best predictor of future behavior and with the way the right is behaving gives no one any kind of indication that they won't behave the same if not worst than what they are doing now. White people on the trump right, NOT ALL OF THEM....but most of them are scared shirtless that they will become the minority and they are doing everything legal and illegal to try to stop that from happening. They are unhinged and they will undoubtedly become even more unhinged the closer they get to becoming the minority.

Unfortunately, hope is not a strategy. And you better believe that the future can so be predicted. Past behavior is the best predictor of future behavior and with the way the right is behaving gives no one any kind of indication that they won't behave the same if not worst than what they are doing now. White people on the trump right, NOT ALL OF THEM....but most of them are scared shirtless that they will become the minority and they are doing everything legal and illegal to try to stop that from happening. They are unhinged and they will undoubtedly become even more unhinged the closer they get to becoming the minority.
    You are preaching race ID politics and your words are taken as a threat by right wingers. Stop putting fuel on the fire.

Patriotism is certainly not uniting people either

That's because one side doesn't have any idea that blind nationalism is not patriotism. That same side is also weaponizing Christianity in a crazy unhinged fashion.

If you are in denial or scared of the truth you are not helping....

That's because one side doesn't have any idea that blind nationalism is not patriotism. That same side is also weaponizing Christianity in a crazy unhinged fashion.

If you are in denial or scared of the truth you are not helping....
    I agree with the above. However, the extreme left does the same thing. They promote group ID politics which is divisive too.

I agree with the above. However, the extreme left does the same thing. They promote group ID politics which is divisive too.

I'm not sure why you keep repeating this, it's really not news to anyone. Yes, both political parties have their radical factions. The difference is one party continues to put moderates in office (including our current president) and the other is currently being led by their radical faction....

I'm not sure why you keep repeating this, it's really not news to anyone. Yes, both political parties have their radical factions. The difference is one party continues to put moderates in office (including our current president) and the other is currently being led by their radical faction....
    That moderate is a fossil of an old white man...so that some white people might be swayed.

Can you give us some examples of what you define as extreme left here in the US? I feel like "extreme left" here in America is a very small %. I don't consider Bernie "Extreme" compared to say Europe left policies. Unless you consider those extreme left too?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom