Civil War 2? (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Optimus Prime

Reaction score
    Very sobering article
    ================
    If you know people still in denial about the crisis of American democracy, kindly remove their heads from the sand long enough to receive this message: A startling new finding by one of the nation’s top authorities on foreign civil wars says we are on the cusp of our own.

Barbara F. Walter, a political science professorat the University of California at San Diego, serves on a CIA advisory panel called the Political Instability Task Force that monitors countries around the world and predicts which of them are most at risk of deteriorating into violence.

By law, the task force can’t assess what’s happening within the United States, but Walter, a longtime friend who has spent her career studying conflicts in Syria, Lebanon, Northern Ireland, Sri Lanka, the Philippines, Rwanda, Angola, Nicaragua and elsewhere, applied the predictive techniques herself to this country.

Her bottom line: “We are closer to civil war than any of us would like to believe.” She lays out the argument in detail in her must-read book, “How Civil Wars Start,” out in January. “No one wants to believe that their beloved democracy is in decline, or headed toward war,” she writes.

But, “if you were an analyst in a foreign country looking at events in America — the same way you’d look at events in Ukraine or the Ivory Coast or Venezuela — you would go down a checklist, assessing each of the conditions that make civil war likely.

And what you would find is that the United States, a democracy founded more than two centuries ago, has entered very dangerous territory.”

Indeed, the United States has already gone through what the CIA identifies as the first two phases of insurgency — the “pre-insurgency” and “incipient conflict” phases — and only time will tell whether the final phase, “open insurgency,” began with the sacking of the Capitol by Donald Trump supporters on Jan. 6.

Things deteriorated so dramatically under Trump, in fact, that the United States no longer technically qualifies as a democracy. Citing the Center for Systemic Peace’s “Polity” data set — the one the CIA task force has found to be most helpful in predicting instability and violence — Walter writes that the United States is now an “anocracy,” somewhere between a democracy and an autocratic state.

U.S. democracy had received the Polity index’s top score of 10, or close to it, for much of its history. But in the five years of the Trump era, it tumbled precipitously into the anocracy zone; by the end of his presidency, the U.S. score had fallen to a 5, making the country a partial democracy for the first time since 1800.

“We are no longer the world’s oldest continuous democracy,” Walter writes. “That honor is now held by Switzerland, followed by New Zealand, and then Canada. We are no longer a peer to nations like Canada, Costa Rica, and Japan, which are all rated a +10 on the Polity index.”…….

Others have reached similar findings. The Stockholm-based International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance put the United States on a list of “backsliding democracies” in a report last month.

“The United States, the bastion of global democracy, fell victim to authoritarian tendencies itself," the report said.

And a new survey by the academic consortium Bright Line Watch found that 17 percent of those who identify strongly as Republicans support the use of violence to restore Trump to power, and 39 percent favor doing everything possible to prevent Democrats from governing effectively……

Interesting. The Wall StreetJournal, a notoriously liberal media outlet, reports that the Wagner Group, supported by Putin who, in turn, is supported by the RW politicians in congress, may be sending an air defense system to Hez’bollah. So it appears those RW politicians who are alleged to be on the “right side of history” support someone who is on the wrong side of history.

How odd.

Interesting. The Wall StreetJournal, a notoriously liberal media outlet, reports that the Wagner Group, supported by Putin who, in turn, is supported by the RW politicians in congress, may be sending an air defense system to Hez’bollah. So it appears those RW politicians who are alleged to be on the “right side of history” support someone who is on the wrong side of history.

How odd.

I also find it odd, just really odd, that those RW politicians that are in the Maga cult are in the same cult supported by White supremacists that are so proud of their antisemitism that one of them wore an Aushwitz work camp sweatshirt on Jan 6th.....the R party should be oh so proud.....what a bunch of a-hats......

That's not what I said and you know it. By your logic, you are a Joe Biden supporter. Would you agree with the statement that you support the policies of Joe Biden and his administration?
    IT is exactly what you said, you just didn't like the answer.
    I will agree that I have to live with Bidens (really is handlers) decisions and policies and accept the crap show that comes with them ( I am loving the 'Putins price hike' LOL). Just like those animals have to accept the crap show that their governments murdering and raping of women and children bring up on them. When they shrill 'death to America' I don't hear the cavate 'but not those Americans that didn't vote for their leader', do you? Look up the polling data that shows Hama support from the civilians that elect them, It is like 70%.

I have no idea what point you are trying to make. You seem so intent on gotchas and owning the libs that you are completely overlooking the point that I am trying to agree with you on most of what you are saying.
    Really? Do you want a cease fire?

So, you back groups that do kill babies, children and women as long as you like that group or groups. Got it. Thanks. As for right side of history? That is a laugh. Trump praised Hamas and Hez’bollah for being “smart”.

The Middle East is a muddle and has been for centuries. Israel has a right to exist. Palestinians who were living along side Jews before the establishment of Israel have rights too. Hamas is a criminal organization. Israel’s hands are not lily white either. The Arab nations didn’t and do not give a schlitz about Palestinians as shown by their unwillingness to even think about acceptance of the UN agreement that established two states.

As for you stupid, insipid question about men having babies? It is meaningless. And you like the idiots I mentioned will be on the wrong side of history regarding trans people.
    No, I stand against Planned Parenthood. I always have called them racist and murders so I don't follow your point but as often as you FAIL, it is no wonder.

Yes. But one side broke the cease fire agreement by murdering civilians with the support of those that elected them but now really want a cease fire for the 'sake' of their civilians that they already stole foreign aid for they can receive more aid and money and then steal it from the Hamas civilians again to kill more Jews, which is the main goal. Not soldiers per se, but just Jews.

Heard an interesting point the other day. What if Hamas slithered out of their tunnels, gave up all their weapons and completely surrendered? What would happen?
    Now imagine if Israel laid down their weapons and surrendered completely. What do you think would happen?

So you do think men can have babies. Pretty much sums up your grasp on reality.

If you support Hamas in any way including calling for a cease fire (you are actually just supporting Hamas), you also support baking babies in ovens while the mother is raped.

I know, your team really has the high ground. They are one tweet away from supporting the murder of infants, (Hamas, not planned parenthood), the rape and murder of women (again, Hamas, not Hollywood) and the torture and death of the elderly (Hamas, not Canada). Great team you go there.

If that is how those people want to fight oppression, they deserve the oppression and also deserve to not walk the planet any longer

when these animals show you who they are, believe them.

keep backing your monsters

Just like those animal

What if Hamas slithered

So anyway, I know there's no one here to incite but SFL, but this kind of dehumanizing rhetoric historically leads to genocide. These posts are not targeting just Hamas, but both Palestinians in general, and liberals here on the forum. This kind of post, and this kind of poster, are not appropriate here, IMO.

IT is exactly what you said, you just didn't like the answer.
    I will agree that I have to live with Bidens (really is handlers) decisions and policies and accept the crap show that comes with them ( I am loving the 'Putins price hike' LOL). Just like those animals have to accept the crap show that their governments murdering and raping of women and children bring up on them. When they shrill 'death to America' I don't hear the cavate 'but not those Americans that didn't vote for their leader', do you? Look up the polling data that shows Hama support from the civilians that elect them, It is like 70%.

So the 30% of people who don't speak up against the terrorists in charge are animals that have to accept their fate? How very loving of your neighbor...

So anyway, I know there's no one here to incite but SFL, but this kind of dehumanizing rhetoric historically leads to genocide. These posts are not targeting just Hamas, but both Palestinians in general, and liberals here on the forum. This kind of post, and this kind of poster, are not appropriate here, IMO.

Agreed. Farb is using the type of language you see in the manifestos of mass murderers/shooters. It's disturbing.

For a start, I want the war to end with all involved who have committed war crimes being held accountable to the fullest extent that all applicable laws allow.

No, I stand against Planned Parenthood. I always have called them racist and murders so I don't follow your point but as often as you FAIL, it is no wonder.

Yes. But one side broke the cease fire agreement by murdering civilians with the support of those that elected them but now really want a cease fire for the 'sake' of their civilians that they already stole foreign aid for they can receive more aid and money and then steal it from the Hamas civilians again to kill more Jews, which is the main goal. Not soldiers per se, but just Jews.

Heard an interesting point the other day. What if Hamas slithered out of their tunnels, gave up all their weapons and completely surrendered? What would happen?
    Now imagine if Israel laid down their weapons and surrendered completely. What do you think would happen?

So you do think men can have babies. Pretty much sums up your grasp on reality.
    So, you stand against women’s healthcare. Not surprising as you are a misogynist. Abortions are a very small part of what they do. Of course, white wealthy women likely don’t go to planned parenthood. So, you are a racist as well.

Your streak of failure continues unabated.

I have no use for the Middle East. Never did. The Middle East is political. Jews and Arabs are humans. Look to the governments/power holders if you seek enemies. Nothing will change until Hamas, Hez’bollah, the leadership in Iran and people like Netanyahu are all dead. Add in the weapons dealers including the biggest weapons dealer on the planet.

I would rather imagine what would happen if people who wanted peace actually were able to achieve it.

As for your insipid, stupid question about men having babies? Well, you are an out and out liar. I never said anything of the sort. Take a reading comprehension course. And I hope you run into trans people who treat you well despite your deep-seated hatred.

How odd.
    The Wall Street Journal is liberal? 🤔

So the 30% of people who don't speak up against the terrorists in charge are animals that have to accept their fate? How very loving of your neighbor...
    It is simply mind boggling that in some % of the viewers of this ongoing Israel trainwreck it’s as simple as “Hamas killed Israeli citizens so kill all Hamas.”

I have zero issue with this.

But it is the overt, or blatant calculation that all Palestinians and Gaza are expendable to achieve this goal with minimal fuss for Israel as Gaza is leveled and large groups of Innocent collateral civilians are murdered for convenience. I guess they could not get out of the way fast enough, or had no where they could go. Too bad, so sad. 😔

Last edited:
    It is simply mind boggling that in some % of the viewers of this ongoing Israel trainwreck it’s as simple as “Hamas killed Israeli citizens so kill all Hamas.”

I have zero issue with this.

But it is the overt, or blatant calculation that all Palestinians and Gaza are expendable to achieve this goal with minimal fuss for Israel as Gaza is leveled and large groups of Innocent collateral civilians are murdered for convenience. I guess they could not get out of the way fast enough, or had no where they could go. Too bad, so sad. 😔

Anyone who feels this way, and there are plenty, are just as genocidal in thought as those they oppose.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom