Capitol Riot arrests (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Bigdaddysaints

Reaction score
    Figured we should start a separate thread on the arrests and those involved in the storming of the Capitol. I know it has been talked about in the other thread a lot, but for the ones who just want to follow the ones arrested and/or charged, this will be an easier way to see updates on the investigations.

Link below is everyone who has been arrested. But we know there will be more.

The website seems to be updated with new information daily.

The ones who are getting the most air time:

Jake Angeli
    1610987626331.png

Adam Johnson
    1610987698358.png

Richard Barnett
    1610987768489.png

Kevin Seefried
    1610987811788.png

Eric Gavelek Munchel
    1610987942709.png

Larry R. Brock
    Lisa Eisenhart
    Robert Keith Packer
    Klete Keller
    Aaron Mostofsky
    Anthime Joseph Gionet
    Peter Francis Stager
    Christine Priola

I disagree. For what I've read the man had severe mental issues.
    He seemed to have found NoI through their ‘black self reliance’ teachings
    He was trying to develop financial planning for his community
    Covid seemed to expose issues that might already have been present and something happened in the last few months that quickly accelerated

If anything this guy seems kin to the Nashville car bomber

I disagree. For what I've read the man had severe mental issues.

I was being facetious about the insurrection or not debates. He was clearly mentally ill, but since the word Islam is there you know the “not an insurrection” folks that want to delve into the nuance of what an insurrection is will quickly lose all those vast skills of analysis and scream terrorism.

Imagine being someone in this thread demanding they end the lockdown of the Capitol because they’re just “exaggerating the threat.”
    WEll, they have a point. I don't believe that the Capitol Bulding has been the target of many attacks since .. well.. perhaps 1998 ?

Do the threat of attacks count? how many of the Q crazies keep pushing back their crazy conspiracies about Trump taking back the white house? should we just dismiss them like they did before Jan 6th?

Very interesting breakdown of the arrests to date
    ==================

The Jan. 6 assault on the Capitol by a violent mob at the behest of former president Donald Trump was an act of political violence intended to alter the outcome of a legitimate democratic election. That much was always evident.

What we know 90 days later is that the insurrection was the result of a large, diffuse and new kind of protest movement congealing in the United States.

The Chicago Project on Security and Threats (CPOST), working with court records, has analyzed the demographics and home county characteristics of the 377 Americans, from 250 counties in 44 states, arrested or charged in the Capitol attack.

Those involved are, by and large, older and more professional than right-wing protesters we have surveyed in the past. They typically have no ties to existing right-wing groups. But like earlier protesters, they are 95 percent White and 85 percent male, and many live near and among Biden supporters in blue and purple counties.

The charges have, so far, been generally in proportion to state and county populations as a whole. Only Kentucky, Maryland, Missouri and Montana appear to have sent more protesters to D.C. suspected of crimes than their populations would suggest.

Nor were these insurrectionists typically from deep-red counties. Some 52 percent are from blue counties that Biden comfortably won. But by far the most interesting characteristic common to the insurrectionists’ backgrounds has to do with changes in their local demographics: Counties with the most significant declines in the non-Hispanic White population are the most likely to produce insurrectionists who now face charges......

Put another way, the people alleged by authorities to have taken the law into their hands on Jan. 6 typically hail from places where non-White populations are growing fastest.........

Do the threat of attacks count? how many of the Q crazies keep pushing back their crazy conspiracies about Trump taking back the white house? should we just dismiss them like they did before Jan 6th?
    And is it a proportional response to build walls around the capitol, and man them with 26,000 national guard troops ?

I'd like to see these "walls" and the proof there 26k NG troops there. but again, you probably got your info from a Facebook post from someone who is a Q type person..

I'd like to see these "walls" and the proof there 26k NG troops there. but again, you probably got your info from a Facebook post from someone who is a Q type person..

Looks like there were 25K there between January 6th until the inauguration and there are currently 4600 with plans to take it down to 2300 in May.

BIG NUMBER
    2,300. That’s how many National Guard troops will remain posted at the Capitol until late May, about half the number currently assigned to guard the building, according to the Pentagon. By comparison, more than 25,000 troops were stationed in Washington in the weeks between the Jan. 6 riots and President Joe Biden’s inauguration.

imagine that, RG using fake news, who'd thought it.. lol.. but he says main stream media can't be trusted, but it he saw it on Facebook, that's a trusted source. smh.

What about the constant talk about an armed insurrection? The FBI didn't seize a single gun from the Capital and not a single Trump supporter fired a weapon.
    There was concrete and marble in those buildings.

Oh yeah, and bats and flagpoles and wood and boots.
    What about how we now know that nobody brought zip ties in with them so they could kidnap someone? They found them on a desk or in a drawer in the Capitol.
    Right.

There was concrete and marble in those buildings.

Oh yeah, and bats and flagpoles and wood and boots.
    Right.

Not to mention the fact that a bunch of loons had planned to kidnap the Governor of Michigan WITH zipties. To completely ignore that piece of context is just, well being intellectually dishonest at worst, at best, just ignorant.

but we also know that not many were arrested that day. so you really can't say one way or another if they had guns or not. you really think when they were finally arrested they would just admit they brought weapons with them? I guess the bombs that were found aren't considered weapons?

but we also know that not many were arrested that day. so you really can't say one way or another if they had guns or not. you really think when they were finally arrested they would just admit they brought weapons with them? I guess the bombs that were found aren't considered weapons?

I'm wondering if the reason for few arrests could have been that the security at the Capitol wanted to avoid a gunfight. With that many people in and around the Capitol, arresting everyone later was probably the correct way to handle this.

It's going to be interesting to see the results of the DOJ's work in flipping some of these rioters. Arrestees flipping on the Proud Boys leadership. Now, if those guys can flip on others even higher, oh boy.

I'm wondering if the reason for few arrests could have been that the security at the Capitol wanted to avoid a gunfight. With that many people in and around the Capitol, arresting everyone later was probably the correct way to handle this.
    I think that's exactly why they showed as much restraint as they did (not to mention that they were severely outnumbered).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom