Capitol Riot arrests (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Bigdaddysaints

Reaction score
    Figured we should start a separate thread on the arrests and those involved in the storming of the Capitol. I know it has been talked about in the other thread a lot, but for the ones who just want to follow the ones arrested and/or charged, this will be an easier way to see updates on the investigations.

Link below is everyone who has been arrested. But we know there will be more.

The website seems to be updated with new information daily.

The ones who are getting the most air time:

Jake Angeli
    1610987626331.png

Adam Johnson
    1610987698358.png

Richard Barnett
    1610987768489.png

Kevin Seefried
    1610987811788.png

Eric Gavelek Munchel
    1610987942709.png

Larry R. Brock
    Lisa Eisenhart
    Robert Keith Packer
    Klete Keller
    Aaron Mostofsky
    Anthime Joseph Gionet
    Peter Francis Stager
    Christine Priola

But according to the new filing, Munchel and his mother took the handcuffs from within the Capitol building — apparently to ensure the Capitol Police couldn't use them on the insurrectionists
    If the justice system believed stupid shirt like this, no one would ever go to jail.

Where he got them is irrelevant. He had them on his person, and it's not a leap at all to think he was intent on using them.
    You are totally missing my point. I'm not saying the zip ties guy or anyone else weren't intending to do bad things. There was danger and it was a bad thing that happened.

What I am saying is that the some of the main intial "facts" about the storming of the Capital wasn't true. Those supposed facts were repeated at nauseum by the media and Democrats purposely to try to show that more laws for surveillance and censorship was warranted.

What happened to all the violence that was supposed to happen in all 50 states and in DC for the inauguration? What happened to the violence that was supposed to happen on the QAnon day March 6? There wasn't any violence and virtually nobody showed up in DC or in the 50 states, but the supposed threat of violence made it okay to keep the Capitol on lockdown which made the current situation look worse than it really was.

I know how government uses crisis to implement more authoritarian laws just like after 9/11. I see the same pattern happening now. That's why it's important to have the discussion based on facts and not exaggerated narratives. If not the government will be able to justify more laws that infringe on our rights and freedoms.

so he also brought a bag of guns to a peaceful rally where guns were prohibited?
    and the tactical gear and stun gun were also protection at the peaceful rally?

That's what was said initially, but it's not true.

Eric Munchel, a pro-Trump rioter who stormed the Capitol building while holding plastic handcuffs, took the restraints from a table inside the Capitol building, prosecutors said in a court filing Wednesday.

Munchel, who broke into the building with his mom, was labeled "zip-tie guy" after he was photographed barreling down the Senate chamber holding the restraints. His appearance raised questions about whether the insurrectionists who sought to stop Congress from counting Electoral College votes on January 6 also intended to take lawmakers hostage.

But according to the new filing, Munchel and his mother took the handcuffs from within the Capitol building — apparently to ensure the Capitol Police couldn't use them on the insurrectionists — rather than bring them in when they initially breached the building.

https://www.insider.com/zip-tie-guy-capitol-riot-plastic-handcuffs-police-prosecutors-2021-1

What prosecutor are you talking about? Micheal Sherwin? He was rebuked by the judge and other prosecutors and I only referenced him once.

Pointing out that many details that were repeated at nauseum for weeks aren't true and that the media and Democrats purposely exaggerated the threat to justify more laws for surveillance & censorship isn't downplaying it.

It's having a discussion based in truth and not inaccurate media narratives. Do you get tired of having to make excuses for why so many details in big stories the past few years turn out not to be true?

I said today that storming the capital was a bad thing and the people who committed violence and crimes should be prosecuted. Do I have to repeat that in every post?

Omg I'm defending Trump and the terrorists for wanting to deal with facts and show what things aren't true!

Yes, Sherwin. You may have referenced him only once, but every article that talks about the DOJ “walking back” on anything references his statements and their response. So, in effect, he is the same source being cited in multiple articles. It doesn’t seem to be a trend, just a single occurrence.

The zip tie guy isn’t the one I was thinking of, and the claim that he and the retired Air Force officer had picked up the zip ties at the Capitol came out within 24 hours of their pictures being circulated. So what inaccurate media narratives were repeated ad nauseam for weeks? I knew it almost immediately.

So which laws have democrats proposed in response to the insurrection that would increase surveillance and take away our privacy? It’s quite a claim you just made, that they are purposefully exaggerating it.

It was as bad as it could be. A whole bunch of people decided they didn’t want to honor our system of government, and wanted to overthrow the results of a certified election. Kinda hard to overstate that.
    In fact, if anything, the media downplayed it initially. We found out gradually how bad it was as more and more video was publicized and we found out the extent of the officers’ injuries.

If anything is being sold here as a false narrative, it’s the one you are reading and believing. That it really wasn’t that bad. It was far more violent than any BLM demonstration this summer, and far more destructive to the country than anything that happened at those. Do you agree?

Interestingly, I just listened to a snippet of a podcast and have found out something that may explain some of why we are suddenly seeing a lot of pushback on these prosecutions. It was a former US Attorney, IIRC, and he explained that there is a somewhat controversial law that was put on the books in the 60’s in order to try to allow civil rights leaders like MLK to be federally prosecuted. It was actually put in by a famous segregationist from Louisiana. It wasn’t used much against civil rights leaders, but it was used against Vietnam protestors some. And then hasn’t been used since the 70’s.

Anyway, the Trump DOJ resurrected it to charge people who were violent against police this summer, and in keeping things similar, they are using it against some of these insurrectionists. This seems to not be sitting well with Republicans because that law was meant for black people and dirty hippies, not the MAGA crowd. Kinda amusing, really.

Why is it ?
    BLM protests are/were not in support of violence, looting, and vandalism
    that was not their raison d-etre
    very few of the protests had violence, looting, and vandalism
    and it is unclear if BLM protesters were 100% or even majorly responsible for violence, looting, and vandalism
    otoh
    100% of insurrection protesters were in support of insurrection

Last edited:
    100% of insurrection protesters were in support of insurrection

This. Everyone there wanted Trump to find a way to overturn the elections results. That was the entire reason for the rally.

The reason they were there was for an insurrection, some of them may have been hoping for a peaceful insurrection, but they were all insurrectionists.

I can’t remember where I saw about the zip ties, but I distinctly remember reading that at least one person brought them in. That shouldn’t be hard to believe considering the vast arrays of weapons that were brought.
    I read an article a while ago that said a shirt load of zip ties were strategically placed in specific spots around the Capitol by groups like the Oath Keepers so that people whop showed up without intentions of getting violent would hopefully get caught up in the mob attitude that was promoting violence and could pick up the zip ties and other supplies to use so that they could take an active role in stopping the count. Supposedly, members of groups like the Oath Keepers also had their backpacks full of extra shirt to give to their "fellow patriots" that they would use to overtake the Capitol. Considering that we now know that the Oath Keepers were coordinating with other idiots like the Proud Boys and were hired by Roger Stone to be his personal security on 1/5 and 1/6, kinda makes you wonder who funded all of this. If this was a BLM protest we'd have been hearing about George Soros since it happened but nobody is even questioning who funded the groups that coordinated an actual insurrection. Not questioning it even while knowing that one of the Proud Boys "leaders" was a guest at the White House just a few days before.

This. Everyone there wanted Trump to find a way to overturn the elections results. That was the entire reason for the rally.

The reason they were there was for an insurrection, some of them may have been hoping for a peaceful insurrection, but they were all insurrectionists.
    All anyone has to do is go read the posts on Parler in the weeks leading up to 1/6. These people were bragging about their plans to go to DC and be as violent as they thought was necessary to keep Trump in the White House. People posted pictures of their weapons, detailed their methods of concealing things they could use as weapons to look like random, harmless products that an everyday Joe would be walking around with, coordinating car pools with other people in their area (one guy was offering rides to as many people he could fit in his RV for free as long as the people he was chauffeuring brought guns and ammunition), and people who couldn't go cheering those who could on and begging for them to do as much damage as possible and to hurt as many communist leftists as possible in order to save our country from fascist Joe Biden being put into office.

Then there are the people like Lin Wood who are still feeding the stolen election conspiracy (on Telegram) while making claims about people like John Roberts being Epstein's best bud. (The same guy who's being disbarred in GA over all of this. His alma mater is disassociating themselves from him. He's moved to South Carolina and is actually under investigation for illegally voting in GA for both the 4/3 and 1/5 elections because he was no longer a resident and only didn't change his address officially so that he could have a pulpit in the wake of Trump's loss since he's considered more legit since HIS vote was stolen in GA. He is running for state chair of the GOP in South Carolina and Trump endorsed someone else...how lolol is that?) While he's never explicitly said to commit violence, he has been insinuating it daily for months, and wrapping it in bible verses a lot of the time. He's sill at it everyday since Biden has been in the White House too.

There were fliers for an event featuring Roger Stone happening outside of the Capitol on 1/6 directly after Trump's rally was over that were being passed out in the days leading up to the insurrection actually happening - an event that never happened and had no signs of ever attempting to be set up. Any way to get people to show up at the Capitol on that day at that time was the goal is my guess, regardless of them having gone to Trump's rally o not. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Roger Stone was the point man in organizing the whole thing with Trump's full knowledge. He's been a behind the scenes criminal for hire in politics for decades now and has had a documented relationship with more than one extremist group during Trump's presidency.

Yep. :9:

And for what it's worth, to those who wanted a peaceful insurrection. I have a question for you. Let's consider this for a minute, suppose Pence went ahead and refused to certify the election, and suppose they managed to do some parliamentary maneuvers to somehow make Trump president. What do you think Democrats would do? You think they'd just roll over and accept it? You think that would happen peacefully? I don't. It would have been a legit civil war at that point.

Last edited:
    Yep. :9:

And for what it's worth, to those who wanted a peaceful insurrection. I have a question for you. Let's consider this for a minute, suppose Pence went ahead and refused to certify the election, and suppose they managed to do some parliamentary maneuvers to somehow make Trump president. What do you think Democrats would do? You think they'd just roll over and accept it? You think that would happen peacefully? I don't. It would have been a legit civil war at that point.
    And a big part of the hypothetical civil war that would have resulted is that the military wasn't supporting Trump or his attempts to overturn the election. If that would have happened, I think the General Honores of the military would have put down the best possible coordination of white supremacist militia groups that exist in this country. And the random suburbanites with more guns than brains would be too chicken shirt to back up any of the claims they'd been making online after seeing what career military men were capable of doing to traitors on day one. Trump didn't go to the Capitol like he claimed he was at his rally because he knows good and damn well that if he had gone, he'd be in prison right now and he, of all people, would not have been granted bond. I'm still amazed that after telling a crowd of people who believed he was cheated out of 4 more years of power that he was going to the Capitol to stop the democrats, rinos, and his arse VP from counting the EC votes with them, that Trump hasn't been disowned by the GOP at large but rather has them making pilgrimages to Mar a Lago.

Oh, and this. Since no one will listen to him on Telegram and he's basically banned from the internet, we have been graced with Trump's very own website. The Office of Donald J. Trump (45office.com)

That is if you buy into the preconceived notion that all present wanted a form of insurrection. Some were journalist, some were from the left, some might have just wanted to a t-shirt..

That is if you buy into the preconceived notion that all present wanted a form of insurrection. Some were journalist, some were from the left, some might have just wanted to a t-shirt..

Obviously we’re not talking about journalists, police, ambulance drivers, or Ubereats drivers who happened to be passing through.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom