Capitol Riot arrests (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Bigdaddysaints

Reaction score
    Figured we should start a separate thread on the arrests and those involved in the storming of the Capitol. I know it has been talked about in the other thread a lot, but for the ones who just want to follow the ones arrested and/or charged, this will be an easier way to see updates on the investigations.

Link below is everyone who has been arrested. But we know there will be more.

The website seems to be updated with new information daily.

The ones who are getting the most air time:

Jake Angeli
    1610987626331.png

Adam Johnson
    1610987698358.png

Richard Barnett
    1610987768489.png

Kevin Seefried
    1610987811788.png

Eric Gavelek Munchel
    1610987942709.png

Larry R. Brock
    Lisa Eisenhart
    Robert Keith Packer
    Klete Keller
    Aaron Mostofsky
    Anthime Joseph Gionet
    Peter Francis Stager
    Christine Priola

Did all the people who attended the BLM protests automatically support the violence, looting and damage of property that were committed by others? Did anyone who protested near Chaz support storming the police station & and taking it over?
    If you listen to Fox News or Newsmax, this is one of their narratives...

You are right, they didn't seize any guns from the capitol that day, But majority of the rioters weren't arrested that day, am i correct? How many guns/ molotov cocktails/ bombs were seized in vehicles right after? What about the bombs that were found THAT day, do those count? Are you saying NOT ONE person has weapons charges against them that participated in the riot?
    I'm not saying that. What I'm saying is for an armed insurrection there weren't too many guns and the only person who fired a gun at the Capital was the Capital policeman who killed the Trump supporter.

The FBI wasn’t at the scene that I’m aware of, so no they didn’t seize any guns on Jan. 6. There were guns present, however, we have seen them in photos from the scene. There may not have been any shots fired by insurrectionists, but they wanted to shoot a police officer with his own weapon, right?
    There aren't many armed insurrections where the insurrectionists never fired a gun. Are there any times where that's happened before?

You do realize that “armed” doesn’t have to be a gun, right?

There were some restraints brought in, I remember seeing that in an article. They weren’t all found on the scene although some of them were taken from police officers’ gear. Once they found them, they were sure happy to pick them up and carry them around while they were hunting for members of Congress. This doesn’t seem like a benign thing.
    There isn't any evidence that anyone brought Zip ties into the Capital. If there is maybe I missed it. Can you post something showing they brought them in?

There were chants of “hang Mike Pence” and a symbolic gallows was constructed. They brought the materials with them to make the gallows presumably. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to think that had certain insurrectionists/rioters found Pence, Romney, Pelosi, AOC or any number of other members of Congress that they intended to harm them.

Sure, Trump wants to lie and downplay it. So do Cruz and Ron Johnson, and Hawley. They all had a hand in inciting what happened. Trump’s sycophants, both in the Republican Party and the media are all falling in line to downplay it as well.

Why do you want to downplay it?
    Pointing out that a media narrative that wasn't true & repeated at nauseum isn't downplaying it. I understand that some people don't like being shown that many details about the storming of the Capital wasn't true.

There aren't many armed insurrections where the insurrectionists never fired a gun. Are there any times where that's happened before?

There isn't any evidence that anyone brought Zip ties into the Capital. If there is maybe I missed it. Can you post something showing they brought them in?
    You mean like this guy?
    1617224552176.png

Prosecutors say the two wore tactical and bulletproof vests in the Capitol and Munchel carried a stun gun. Munchel also recorded their storming of the Capitol, and prosecutors say that video shows the pair stashed weapons in a bag before entering the building.

Oh, he took them from an officer after he entered, that makes it different. I guess the stun gun isn't considered a weapon. And since when does armed only mean guns?

I'm not saying that. What I'm saying is for an armed insurrection there weren't too many guns and the only person who fired a gun at the Capital was the Capital policeman who killed the Trump supporter.

Armed doesn’t equal carrying a gun though. There were a few guns, but there were a lot of stun guns, cattle prods, bear spray or other chemicals; they used flag poles, fire extinguishers, barricades, shields, fence poles. The ones who meant harm were armed.

SFL:

I can’t remember where I saw about the zip ties, but I distinctly remember reading that at least one person brought them in. That shouldn’t be hard to believe considering the vast arrays of weapons that were brought.

Your article that you posted is talking about the same guy, that prosecutor who left and spoke out of turn. He’s the only one who made claims about future charges. He got into a bit of trouble for speaking out about active cases like he did, but it’s silly to keep using the same goof to justify saying that the riot wasn’t that bad.

IMO, the entire Republican Party is starting to downplay the riot. It’s disappointing that you all are buying the narrative from those who are complicit. Over 100 police officers were injured in some way, some seriously and permanently. If it were a BLM riot, the same people who are downplaying this as not all that violent would be losing their shirt.

SFL, you are downplaying it. You keep suggesting it wasn’t really an armed insurrection. It was an exceedingly violent insurrection, with sustained hand-to-hand combat. You could ask any of the injured officers if it wasn’t all that bad, but I wouldn’t recommend it.

I didn't see where it said charges were being dropped or beaten.

His article is talking about the same guy yet again. The prosecutor who left and said some things he shouldn’t have said about active investigations. It’s bogus, but it’s all they’ve got.

You mean like this guy?
    1617224552176.png

Prosecutors say the two wore tactical and bulletproof vests in the Capitol and Munchel carried a stun gun. Munchel also recorded their storming of the Capitol, and prosecutors say that video shows the pair stashed weapons in a bag before entering the building.

Oh, he took them from an officer after he entered, that makes it different. I guess the stun gun isn't considered a weapon. And since when does armed only mean guns?

He’s the one who came with his mom, who said she’d rather die than live under oppression. Yeah, they totally didn’t mean any harm, right? 🙄

Were all the people who attended the BLM protests supportive of all the violence, looting, and vandalism?

That was a narrative throughout the right, and even surfaced here. A sitting US Senator said the rioters were not nearly so bad as BLM and Antifa, and wasn’t even rebuked by his party. So, isn’t it funny how it doesn’t work both ways?

You mean like this guy?
    1617224552176.png

We have all seen the pictures of the zip ties. What I said was there isn't any evidence that he brought them himself which is what the media narrative was.

Doesn't it sound worse and premeditated if he brought the zip ties in himself rather than just finding them in the Capital?

It's important that we are dealing in facts and not incorrect narratives when discussing a serious event like this right?

We have all seen the pictures of the zip ties. What I said was there isn't any evidence that he brought them himself which is what the media narrative was.

Doesn't it sound worse and premeditated if he brought the zip ties in himself rather than just finding them in the Capital?

It's important that we are dealing in facts and not incorrect narratives when discussing a serious event like this right?
    So, did he picked them up for a photo op???

SFL:

I can’t remember where I saw about the zip ties, but I distinctly remember reading that at least one person brought them in. That shouldn’t be hard to believe considering the vast arrays of weapons that were brought.
    That's what was said initially, but it's not true.

Eric Munchel, a pro-Trump rioter who stormed the Capitol building while holding plastic handcuffs, took the restraints from a table inside the Capitol building, prosecutors said in a court filing Wednesday.

Munchel, who broke into the building with his mom, was labeled "zip-tie guy" after he was photographed barreling down the Senate chamber holding the restraints. His appearance raised questions about whether the insurrectionists who sought to stop Congress from counting Electoral College votes on January 6 also intended to take lawmakers hostage.

But according to the new filing, Munchel and his mother took the handcuffs from within the Capitol building — apparently to ensure the Capitol Police couldn't use them on the insurrectionists — rather than bring them in when they initially breached the building.

https://www.insider.com/zip-tie-guy-capitol-riot-plastic-handcuffs-police-prosecutors-2021-1

Your article that you posted is talking about the same guy, that prosecutor who left and spoke out of turn. He’s the only one who made claims about future charges. He got into a bit of trouble for speaking out about active cases like he did, but it’s silly to keep using the same goof to justify saying that the riot wasn’t that bad.

IMO, the entire Republican Party is starting to downplay the riot. It’s disappointing that you all are buying the narrative from those who are complicit. Over 100 police officers were injured in some way, some seriously and permanently. If it were a BLM riot, the same people who are downplaying this as not all that violent would be losing their shirt.

SFL, you are downplaying it. You keep suggesting it wasn’t really an armed insurrection. It was an exceedingly violent insurrection, with sustained hand-to-hand combat. You could ask any of the injured officers if it wasn’t all that bad, but I wouldn’t recommend it.
    What prosecutor are you talking about? Micheal Sherwin? He was rebuked by the judge and other prosecutors and I only referenced him once.

Pointing out that many details that were repeated at nauseum for weeks aren't true and that the media and Democrats purposely exaggerated the threat to justify more laws for surveillance & censorship isn't downplaying it.

It's having a discussion based in truth and not inaccurate media narratives. Do you get tired of having to make excuses for why so many details in big stories the past few years turn out not to be true?

I said today that storming the capital was a bad thing and the people who committed violence and crimes should be prosecuted. Do I have to repeat that in every post?

Omg I'm defending Trump and the terrorists for wanting to deal with facts and show what things aren't true!

Where he got them is irrelevant. He had them on his person, and it's not a leap at all to think he was intent on using them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom