Capitol Riot arrests (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Bigdaddysaints

Reaction score
    Figured we should start a separate thread on the arrests and those involved in the storming of the Capitol. I know it has been talked about in the other thread a lot, but for the ones who just want to follow the ones arrested and/or charged, this will be an easier way to see updates on the investigations.

Link below is everyone who has been arrested. But we know there will be more.

The website seems to be updated with new information daily.

The ones who are getting the most air time:

Jake Angeli
    1610987626331.png

Adam Johnson
    1610987698358.png

Richard Barnett
    1610987768489.png

Kevin Seefried
    1610987811788.png

Eric Gavelek Munchel
    1610987942709.png

Larry R. Brock
    Lisa Eisenhart
    Robert Keith Packer
    Klete Keller
    Aaron Mostofsky
    Anthime Joseph Gionet
    Peter Francis Stager
    Christine Priola

What reason did your friend give for attending?

He's a Trumper, and flew in from Illinois. He said he went because he wanted to hear Trump's speech and he hoped Trump could convince Pence to reject the certification of the votes. He never mentioned going to the Capitol and after the speech, he said he was surprised because the group he was with wasn't planning to march to the Capitol. Their ride was scheduled to leave at 1 pm after the Trump speech which is why he never made it all the way there. I actually saw one of the fliers announcing the event and there was no mention of marching to the Capitol.

That said, a lot of different groups went, so some probably planned it while others didnt.

He's a Trumper, and flew in from Illinois. He said he went because he wanted to hear Trump's speech and he hoped Trump could convince Pence to reject the certification of the votes. He never mentioned going to the Capitol and after the speech, he said he was surprised because the group he was with wasn't planning to march to the Capitol. Their ride was scheduled to leave at 1 pm after the Trump speech which is why he never made it all the way there. I actually saw one of the fliers announcing the event and there was no mention of marching to the Capitol.

That said, a lot of different groups went, so some probably planned it while others didnt.
    so he was pro-insurrection he just didn't expect it to get violent?
    i don't think that ticks the 'not all protesters' box

so he was pro-insurrection he just didn't expect it to get violent?
    i don't think that ticks the 'not all protesters' box

Not really. He didn't expect there to be an insurrection (although I suppose it could be argued Trump convining Pence could have been defined as an insurrection) when he went. And he was pretty shaken when he later learned all of what happened. He just thought Trump could convince Pence to not accept the certification of votes, but that would be the extent of it, according to him anyway.

Not really. He didn't expect there to be an insurrection (although I suppose it could be argued Trump convining Pence could have been defined as an insurrection) when he went. And he was pretty shaken when he later learned all of what happened. He just thought Trump could convince Pence to not accept the certification of votes, but that would be the extent of it, according to him anyway.
    Yes your parenthetical is the point
    Whether your insurrection is by VP or by fire extinguisher, it’s still insurrection

Of course, but that doesn't mean he participated in it, which is what I assumed you were implying.
    what's your definition of 'participated'?

and to show my hand, i would say that anyone who attended a lynching, whether or not they touched a rope, participated in that lynching

what's your definition of 'participated'?

and to show my hand, i would say that anyone who attended a lynching, whether or not they touched a rope, participated in that lynching

So, by definition, you're saying that media who attends those events to cover them participated in them? Yeah, that makes sense.

And fwiw, I get what you're trying to say, but broad strokes and all that.

Capitol riot suspect wore 'I Was There' shirt when arrested
    Garret Miller didn't speak to the law enforcement officers who arrested him on charges he stormed the U.S. Capitol in January, but the T-shirt he was wearing at his Dallas home that day sent a clear and possibly incriminating message.
    Miller's shirt had a photograph of former President Donald Trump, and it said, “Take America Back” and “I Was There, Washington D.C., January 6, 2021,” federal prosecutors noted in a court filing Monday.
    After Miller posted a selfie showing himself inside the Capitol building, another Facebook user wrote, “bro you got in?! Nice!,” Miller replied, “just wanted to incriminate myself a little lol,” prosecutors said.

Miller joined the mob that breached the Capitol building and later threatened to kill New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and a Capitol police officer, authorities said.

After the Democratic congresswoman tweeted the word “Impeach,” Miller tweeted back to her, “Assassinate AOC,” according to prosecutors. In a Jan. 10 post on Instagram, Miller said the officer who shot and killed a woman in the crowd of rioters should get a televised execution, according to prosecutors.

“By bringing tactical gear, ropes, and potentially, by his own admission, a gun to the Capitol on January 6, 2021, Miller showed that he was not just caught up in the frenzy of the crowd but instead came to D.C. with the intention of disrupting the democratic process of counting and certifying Electoral College votes,” prosecutors wrote.
    On a recorded call immediately after his arrest, Miller told his mother, “I don’t feel that I’ve done anything wrong and now I’m being locked up,” according to prosecutors.

So, by definition, you're saying that media who attends those events to cover them participated in them? Yeah, that makes sense.

And fwiw, I get what you're trying to say, but broad strokes and all that.
    I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, but for two solid months, Trump supporters were posting their plans to riot in DC on January 6th after their riot in which 6 (maybe it was 4) people were stabbed in DC on the night of the first giant, stupid "Stop the Steal!" rally occurred a few days after Biden's election was officially called.

People were literally posting messages on every social media platform about the violence that was going to take place to stop Biden from becoming president. People being dumb enough to post their plans, some with pictures of their weapons, to stop the counting of the EC votes on 1/6. It's why these people are going to be convicted so easily. They admitted to doing it before actually doing it.

Obviously, I don't think you are friends with anyone who would take part in something like that - I think it's fair to say we've had enough discussions on here and SR over the years to know what kind of people each other are - but I can't with a straight face honestly believe that anyone who made the trip to DC on 1/6 didn't know that there was an imminent probability for major violence to occur. Trump himself knew it and encouraged it on Twitter. "It's going to be wild!"

I know Parler is nothing but a hiding place (in plain sight) for idiotic conspiracy theorists who are fully indoctrinated in the Church of Trump, but even people who have never even heard of the app have at least heard some of the things people were posting on there. There were MSM stories about what people were saying they were going to do to keep Trump in office. I was banging the "1/6 is going to make the first Trump Won the Election" rally's violence look like a game of patty cake for weeks leading up to it.

I just don't see how anyone who made that trip could have done so without thinking it was going to get really, really ugly. After arriving in DC, just from the video I've seen of Roger Stone and Alex Jones on 1/5 and 1/6 and the things they were saying to large crowds of people, your friend should have been well aware of the intent of thousands of people following through on the claims they had been making online for months leading up to Trump's final rally.

You mean the huge narrative that he was killed? He's still dead. You know that right? Doesn't matter how you kill someone. Brian Sicknick isn't getting up and walking it off because it was "just" bear mace instead of having his head bashed in. He's dead.
    What about the constant talk about an armed insurrection? The FBI didn't seize a single gun from the Capital and not a single Trump supporter fired a weapon.

What about how we now know that nobody brought zip ties in with them so they could kidnap someone? They found them on a desk or in a drawer in the Capitol.

There isn't any evidence that anyone intended to assassinate Romeny or Pence.

Who cares if the main narratives about the storming of the Capital weren't true right? It's not like the Democrats and the media were trying to exaggerate the threat to justify more laws for surveillance and censorship right?

Pointing out things that weren't true or were exaggerated doesn't mean that I'm denying that there wasn't any danger at all. What's wrong with discussing it truthfully and rationally?

I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, but for two solid months, Trump supporters were posting their plans to riot in DC on January 6th after their riot in which 6 (maybe it was 4) people were stabbed in DC on the night of the first giant, stupid "Stop the Steal!" rally occurred a few days after Biden's election was officially called.

People were literally posting messages on every social media platform about the violence that was going to take place to stop Biden from becoming president. People being dumb enough to post their plans, some with pictures of their weapons, to stop the counting of the EC votes on 1/6. It's why these people are going to be convicted so easily. They admitted to doing it before actually doing it.

Obviously, I don't think you are friends with anyone who would take part in something like that - I think it's fair to say we've had enough discussions on here and SR over the years to know what kind of people each other are - but I can't with a straight face honestly believe that anyone who made the trip to DC on 1/6 didn't know that there was an imminent probability for major violence to occur. Trump himself knew it and encouraged it on Twitter. "It's going to be wild!"

I know Parler is nothing but a hiding place (in plain sight) for idiotic conspiracy theorists who are fully indoctrinated in the Church of Trump, but even people who have never even heard of the app have at least heard some of the things people were posting on there. There were MSM stories about what people were saying they were going to do to keep Trump in office. I was banging the "1/6 is going to make the first Trump Won the Election" rally's violence look like a game of patty cake for weeks leading up to it.

I just don't see how anyone who made that trip could have done so without thinking it was going to get really, really ugly. After arriving in DC, just from the video I've seen of Roger Stone and Alex Jones on 1/5 and 1/6 and the things they were saying to large crowds of people, your friend should have been well aware of the intent of thousands of people following through on the claims they had been making online for months leading up to Trump's final rally.

I don't disagree with all that. And the "friend" was actually my deaf friend's brother, whom I've met exactly once, lol. My deaf friend wanted to go because she's a Trumper through and through. I somehow convinced her to stay home because I worried she'd be exposing herself unnecessarily to Covid. She's 65+ and recently retired. And I convinced her to get vaccinated. She was a bit scared because she reads crap on the internet. Thankfully she got over it and that's out the way now.

She was disappointed she didn't go. She was watching the attack live on TV and tried to call her brother. It wasn't until they left DC that he finally got a hold of her and he didn't know what was happening until after he left and learned the news. His ride was scheduled to leave at 1. So he'd already left the crowd before they started in on the Capitol.

I'm just passing on what happened in his case.

What about the constant talk about an armed insurrection? The FBI didn't seize a single gun from the Capital and not a single Trump supporter fired a weapon.

What about how we now know that nobody brought zip ties in with them so they could kidnap someone? They found them on a desk or in a drawer in the Capitol.

There isn't any evidence that anyone intended to assassinate Romeny or Pence.

Who cares if the main narratives about the storming of the Capital weren't true right? It's not like the Democrats and the media were trying to exaggerate the threat to justify more laws for surveillance and censorship right?

Pointing out things that weren't true or were exaggerated doesn't mean that I'm denying that there wasn't any danger at all. What's wrong with discussing it truthfully and rationally?

The FBI wasn’t at the scene that I’m aware of, so no they didn’t seize any guns on Jan. 6. There were guns present, however, we have seen them in photos from the scene. There may not have been any shots fired by insurrectionists, but they wanted to shoot a police officer with his own weapon, right?

You do realize that “armed” doesn’t have to be a gun, right?

There were some restraints brought in, I remember seeing that in an article. They weren’t all found on the scene although some of them were taken from police officers’ gear. Once they found them, they were sure happy to pick them up and carry them around while they were hunting for members of Congress. This doesn’t seem like a benign thing.

There were chants of “hang Mike Pence” and a symbolic gallows was constructed. They brought the materials with them to make the gallows presumably. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to think that had certain insurrectionists/rioters found Pence, Romney, Pelosi, AOC or any number of other members of Congress that they intended to harm them.

Sure, Trump wants to lie and downplay it. So do Cruz and Ron Johnson, and Hawley. They all had a hand in inciting what happened. Trump’s sycophants, both in the Republican Party and the media are all falling in line to downplay it as well.

Why do you want to downplay it?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom