Capitol Riot arrests (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Bigdaddysaints

Reaction score
    Figured we should start a separate thread on the arrests and those involved in the storming of the Capitol. I know it has been talked about in the other thread a lot, but for the ones who just want to follow the ones arrested and/or charged, this will be an easier way to see updates on the investigations.

Link below is everyone who has been arrested. But we know there will be more.

The website seems to be updated with new information daily.

The ones who are getting the most air time:

Jake Angeli
    1610987626331.png

Adam Johnson
    1610987698358.png

Richard Barnett
    1610987768489.png

Kevin Seefried
    1610987811788.png

Eric Gavelek Munchel
    1610987942709.png

Larry R. Brock
    Lisa Eisenhart
    Robert Keith Packer
    Klete Keller
    Aaron Mostofsky
    Anthime Joseph Gionet
    Peter Francis Stager
    Christine Priola

For the Record:

Firearm sales soared in January after a mob-led assault on the U.S. Capitol and the arrival of a new administration that favors tighter gun restrictions.

More than 2 million firearms were bought last month, according to The Washington Post’s analysis of federal gun background-check data. That is an 80 percent year-over-year spike and the second-highest one-month total on record.

Background checks, and sales of firearms and ammunition, have been increasing pace for months. The surge is in line with the record pace set in 2020: Nearly 23 million firearms were bought, representing a 64 percent jump year over year.

Dude, most fascist/authoritarian regimes or states arrive in countries that had failed democracies and usually the factors that are involved are socio-economic issues, complex ones, hyperinflation like in Weimar Germany in the early 1920's and extreme political polarization and rise of extremist idealogues, parties or charismatic, mesmerizing and highly-intelligent populist figures(Trump might fit into the first two categories, but hardly an intelligent political figure). Fascist regimes usually come from failed democracies, but their reasons for failure are very complex, nuanced, and in some cases,.like pre-Spanish Civil War mid-late 30's Spain, extremist parties and disruptive rhetoric and mistrust from both sides were responsible for tensions reaching a irreversible boiling point.

Its less well-known historically, but Hitler's rise to power couldve been made a lot more difficult if German left-wing anti-Nazi parties like the KPD(German Communist Party), and SPD(Social Democratic Party), had decided to form a political Popular Front that was unified and had millions of members, in some respects more popular supporters and sympathisers in huge urban areas, cities like Berlin, Hamburg, Essen, or Dusseldorf and they mostly controlled the large, trade/labor unions bitterly opposed to far-right fascist rhetoric or policies. They couldve made any transfer of power to Hitler's regime by calling a general strike like they'd done in 1923 to prevent the Kapp Putsch attempted coup. But Hitler and other key high-ranking Nazis knew the German left was disorganized, disgruntled and despised each other as much as they despised him, all dating back to SPD destroying the Sparticist Revolt after WWI in January 1919, and he exploited that disunity and the sense even among the German working classes that the left-leaning SPD Weimar government couldn't solve complex socio-economic issues like hyperinflation, mass employment, trying to endure and live with humiliating conditions imposed on them by victorious Allies at Versailles, having their economy, parts of their country broken up and partitioned, and made to be feel responsible for starting WWI(War Guilt clause), which was a completely ridiculous assertion. And how do we know and how can we be so sure some extremist far-left idealogues or groups won't be cheering it on or perhaps seeing it as a possible moment of reckoning? I mean, what do you call all those protests that went on in Portland, Oregon for over 6 months with protestors destroying, looting, ran sacking stores, businesses, homes, or smashing windows and defacing public or government property? Even Portland's mayor, Ted Wheeler, came to the conclusion these disturbances were getting out of control and condemned the violence.

It won't be just solely because of guns and extreme political unrest is caused by issues far more complex then just the government coming to take away their guns. To even infer that is insulting both of our intelligences, Taurus, and I know you're better then that.

Didn't read the irrelevant wall of text, my friend. Just skimmed it.
    Why? Because we watched it happen this summer/fall.
    Trump sent literal secret police to Portland in unmarked vans to abduct people off the street. This is fact.
    What did the NRA do? Cheered.
    Fascism came to America and the NRA funded it.
    The vast majority of American gun culture was thrilled by it. They traveled across state lines to help.
    What the NRA fanboys fail to acknowledge is the fact that it won't be them being oppressed. The Gub'mint isn't gonna be knocking on the doors of white, Christian men. Oh, no. They'll be the ones who knock.

If political extremes do get worse in any country, sometimes it doesn't matter who the predisposed overtly advantaged and "most favored" are in most societies, blowback usually tends to occur or has a tendency to affect most people, age groups, different socio-economic classes in these countries effected. Whether its apartheid-era South Africa, Rhodesia, current Chinese Communist regime treatment of its Uguyar Muslim minority communities they've put in "reeducation camps" in western China, or Myanmar's treatment of its own Muslim minority community right now.or hell even Israel/Palestinian tragedy. There's going to be blowback, eventually and it usually eventually touches everyone and mostly all negatively.

Trump sent literal secret police to Portland in unmarked vans to abduct people off the street. This is fact.
    The vast majority of American gun culture was thrilled by it. They traveled across state lines to help.
    What the NRA fanboys fail to acknowledge is the fact that it won't be them being oppressed. The Gub'mint isn't gonna be knocking on the doors of white, Christian men. Oh, no. They'll be the ones who knock.
    I hope you don't think most of my posts aren't irrevalent walls of text and this is just an exception, no?
    I'd like to think some of what I say on here and on SR has some tangible merit, and the issues I bring up are at least bring up warrant some discussion and a few, outspoken posters aren't still smugly talking shirt behind my back or hold this contempous attitude towards me.

I hope you don't think most of my posts aren't irrevalent walls of text and this is just an exception, no?
    I'd like to think some of what I say on here and on SR has some tangible merit, and the issues I bring up are at least bring up warrant some discussion and a few, outspoken posters aren't still smugly talking shirt behind my back or hold this contempous attitude towards me.

Well, 'irrelevant' was a bit harsh. 'Mostly irrelevant' maybe.
    Punctuation, formatting and narrative flow are important.
    Try studying Oye's posts for how to be both thorough and on-topic.
    If you want to draw historical parallels, your better comparisons would be the average German or Italian family in 1938/39.
    Blowback doesn't happen until after the damage is done.

Well, 'irrelevant' was a bit harsh. 'Mostly irrelevant' maybe.
    Punctuation, formatting and narrative flow are important.
    Try studying Oye's posts for how to be both thorough and on-topic.
    If you want to draw historical parallels, your better comparisons would be the average German or Italian family in 1938/39.
    Blowback doesn't happen until after the damage is done.
    Actually, I have discussed and gone over quite a few different historical, social and political issues with Oye in the past on SR and he's always been fairly complimentary, very civil. To be fair, he's told me a few times I have a problem with long-winded, drawn-out arguments that tend to be repetitive and tangenty, but not when it comes to details, facts, or being thorough. I've had SR posters tell me and friends and family complain I'm obsessively thorough.

Argument structure and formatting are very fixable problems. I have found it to be a bit difficult to correct effectively due to me having a pretty bad case of OCD and ADHD. If you're familiar with ADHD symptoms, one of the worst is this "stream of consciousness" periods where your mind feels like it has so many ideas that usually contain so many details, you lose sight of the fundamentals in explaining them online then focusing on making sure it sounds cogent or well-structured.

But I can take any constructive criticism as long as it helps me improve.

Saintman, just putting in the open lines to break up the text helps tremendously. As you just did in the post above this one.

I sometimes have the same issues to a degree, and I will usually stop after I put everything down and then go back and break it into paragraphs with the open lines. Sometimes I rearrange my thoughts because I will think of something later in my post and just stick it in, and upon rereading I realize it belonged with the first thoughts rather than where I typed it.

I don’t always agree with you, but your perspective is an important one. Your contributions are valuable.

Indeed. Except that it isn't. They where Federal law enforcement officers. Trump asked that Law Enforcement stop the riots against Federal Property. He didn't specify the units involved. In fact, they where a mixture of Homeland Security and Customs and Border Protection. (probably working under the control of Homeland Security, though that is speculation on my part).
    Well, I have no doubt that SOME of them cheered that the lawlessness and rioting was finally being checked ?
    Law and Order came to America (well.. bits of Portland, anyway). And the NRA (along with all other taxpayers) funded it.
    I gather that SOME individuals crossed state lines to protect property from the looters ? A bit unwise, in my opinion, but tempers where high !

For the Record:

I just want to throw this out. I grew up in a home that never had guns. I have never owned a gun.

But I almost went and bought a gun after January 6th because I was worried I might have to defend myself from the people who do own guns.

Nice that they were able to get him what he wanted, but keep him in jail.

At the same time, the first thing that came to my mind was, well, he believes a lot of stupid shirt.

The Associated Press reported that Jacob Chansley was transferred to the Alexandria Detention Center following a judge’s ruling, which came hours after Chansley’s attorney said the 33-year-old had gone nine days without eating because there was no organic food served at the jail in Washington, D.C.

An emergency motion filed Wednesday morning by his lawyer, Albert Watkins, argued that Chansley, who also goes by Jake Angeli, practices shamanism and believes "that non-organic food, which contains unnatural chemicals, would act as an 'object intrusion' onto his body and cause serious illness if he were to eat it.”

Olympian Klete Keller indicted on 7 charges for involvement in U.S. Capitol riots
    Keller, per the report, was charged in the U.S. District Court of the District of Columbia for knowingly and unlawfully entering and remaining in a restricted area, interfering with official government business, engaging in disorderly conduct to disrupt a session of Congress and interfering with law enforcement during a civil disorder, among other things.

Sooo... the violent insurrection and attempted coup(TM).

It's been 5 weeks now, and we still haven't had ANYONE charged with Insurrection; just variations on 'illegally entering a government building' and the like.

People on this forum have already pointed out that the initial arresting charge doesn't rule out more serious charge being brought later. But HOW 'later' ? It's already been 5 weeks ?

They have already added conspiracy to at least 5 of them. I think they are being thorough and working to build watertight cases.
    5 weeks is not a very long time in such a complicated investigation. If they show their hands too early important evidence may be lost

Last edited:
    Sooo... the violent insurrection and attempted coup(TM).
    Why do you care so much, to the point of obfuscation, about OUR DOJ and the steps it is taking to hold the traitors to our constitution responsible for their failed insurrection? it's one thing to participate in a discussion and give your POV. It's another to do what you have done and continue to do in this thread and others.

Last edited:
    Why do you care so much, to the point of obfuscation, about OUR DOJ and the steps it is taking to hold the traitors to our constitution responsible for their failed insurrection? it's one thing to participate in a discussion and give your POV. It's another to do what you have done and continue to do in this thread and others.
    This is purely my opinion, but...

He is likely making the point that the "liberal media" is overhyping a situation and people are falling for hyperbole. So, he's pushing back on it actually being an insurrection. Instead of just plainly stating that, he's doing it as a thought exercise. That maybe perhaps, "insurrection" is too strong a term for what happened. Is emotion clouding reasonable judgement and the liberals on the board are just getting caught up and carried away with it.

I can't totally fault him for that, since that's close to what I try to do when someone comes in parroting right wing talking points, but clearly hasn't given it any thought.

I'm not exactly sure what the dividing line on insurrection is. Does it need to be successful? Does it require military or heavily armed people? Gunfire? Does it require strong organization? Can it be somewhat organic and have people just caught up in it?

I'm not sure what else to call an angry mob, who breaches the capitol grounds, and building, wanting to change a democratic outcome by breaking the rules, through the threats of force/violence.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom