Canada effectively bans assault weapons after NS shooting (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Know what a magazine is? A box, a spring, a top, a bottom, and maybe a follower/keeper. That's it. You can 3D print them now.
    In third world countries, they're pumping them out by the millions using the most rudimentary tools and skills.
    Writing the legal language to outlaw something that is only made of four or five simple parts is extremely difficult if not impossible.

1588807427151.png

Again, we circle back to the point which apparently isn't being addressed.

Just because something is virtually impossible to stop completely (gun violence) does NOT mean we shouldn't try to keep the frequency down.

I think that's a pretty simple and hopefully ubiquitous concept.

Nope not one bit!

I'd it did they where is your rocket launcher? Where is your tank? Where is your Tommy gun?

That sir is a load of crap.
    You couldn't make that post without it. You scared of metal and plastic but it's the only thing keeping us free.

Yall like to compare us to other countries. The truth is they don't have rights like we do. And it's communists like yourselves that will make sure we become like them all because you are offended by everything including metal and plastic.

You couldn't make that post without it. You scared of metal and plastic but it's the only thing keeping us free.

Yall like to compare us to other countries. The truth is they don't have rights like we do. And it's communists like yourselves that will make sure we become like them all because you are offended by everything including metal and plastic.

Could you please name some of these countries that "we" (whoever that means) compare ourselves to that don't have rights like Americans?

Could you please name some of these countries that "we" (whoever that means) compare ourselves to that don't have rights like Americans?

It would be faster to name the nations with the same rights, because I can't think of one.

Nope

Your second amendment rights are a joke!

Let me explain how it works for ya. See our democracy is not really one because corporate lobbying buys votes. So that is where you are right now.

The big but in all this when the public pushes back stuff happens. You know like the gun rights from the second amendment that has already been taken from you. Because voters were pissed. Like segregation changed because voters were pissed. Everything changes when voters are pissed.

Ya when we as a nation push back against the stupidity of our government change happens.

The stupidity in the administration right now is gonna cost the gun lovers senators because the party that supports no gun change are costing lives. When senators are gone it is all over.

And don't you think you have the supreme court. They could not stop any of the other gun rights the second has already lost.

The second only says the right to bear arms not what kind.

I will say this for the last time here gun owners should make the push for change so they get change that they can live with but keep singing the NRA tune to put money in the manufacturers accounts you are gonna loose way more rights.

It is sad that nobody cares about the black on black gun problem. The gun owners worst nightmare is wealthy white kids getting slaughtered and they have so you are getting change if you want it or not.

It would be faster to name the nations with the same rights, because I can't think of one.

Sure, though the poster seemed to have a list in mind, so it shouldn't take them too long. Please stop trying to re-frame the conversation. The poster made a very specific point that I am trying to clarify in order to further the conversation. Your post does nothing achieve that.

You already know. Everytime this topic comes up yall want to point to other countries to prove that gun control works. Something changed here for the worst and it has nothing to do with firearms but that's the first thing you want to look at.

You already know. Everytime this topic comes up yall want to point to other countries to prove that gun control works. Something changed here for the worst and it has nothing to do with firearms but that's the first thing you want to look at.

Who is "y'all" and what countries are you talking about? It's difficult to have a reasonable discussion when one person refuses to engage.

Australia being one.

Following the Port Arthur incident, Australia implemented the National Firearms Agreement (NFA).

Prohibited firearms that were handed in under the Australian government’s buy-back scheme after the Port Arthur massacre

Prohibited firearms that were handed in under the Australian government’s buy-back scheme after the Port Arthur massacre. Photograph: David Gray/Reuters
    New, uniform state gun laws banned rapid-fire guns from civilian ownership except under certain, restricted licences, and established a government buyback of semi-automatic and pump-action rifles and shotguns.

Another requirement was that all guns must be individually registered, with all gun sales tracked to record changes in ownership.

Their research also showed that while there had been 13 mass shootings (using the definition of five or more people killed) in the 18 years before the law changes, there had been none in the 22 years following (though there was one mass shooting involving seven members of one family at Margaret River in Western Australia in May 2018).

https://www.theguardian.com/news/da...arm-laws-reduce-gun-deaths-heres-the-evidence

So a democracy (Australia) choses to implement a law to protect it citizents and it works!

I can name one right which I have always found even more confounding that is not a basic right of every American citizent - namely the right to vote and for that vote to count equally.

You actually NEED to register in order to vote and if you have ever been convicted of something, you may lose that right even though you may already have paid your debt to society years ago, Here voting is a birthrigth or aquired by naturalisation and everyone have the right to vote. No registration is required You can vote even from a hospital bed or while in prison. All you need to do is to show your official picture ID which is free and everyone receives at 18.

Votes cast on the loser candidates are wasted in the US, while here they are used to appoint supplemental MPs decided by the overall % of votes received. So if every district is won by one party with 51% that party will still only receive 60% of the candidates because every suplemental seat will go to those who received the other 49% ensuring that everyone have a voice in the government of the country.

I can name one right which I have always found even more confounding that is not a basic right of every American citizent - namely the right to vote and for that vote to count equally.

You actually NEED to register in order to vote and if you have ever been convicted of something, you may lose that right even though you may already have paid your debt to society years ago, Here voting is a birthrigth or aquired by naturalisation and everyone have the right to vote. No registration is required You can vote even from a hospital bed or while in prison. All you need to do is to show your official picture ID which is free and everyone receives at 18.

Votes cast on the loser candidates are wasted in the US, while here they are used to appoint supplemental MPs decided by the overall % of votes received. So if every district is won by one party with 51% that party will still only receive 60% of the candidates because every suplemental seat will go to those who received the other 49% ensuring that everyone have a voice in the government of the country.

Meh, registering to vote is not difficult at all. It's a way to ensure that a legitimate voter's voice is no watered down by a vote cast through voter fraud.

At least where I am at - if you choose to, you can register when you get a driver's license or a state ID. It probably takes an additional 15 seconds.

I am pretty suspicious about people who claim that these simple safeguards against voter fraud is actually voter suppression. For such people, I think they really believe that being only allowed to vote once is somehow suppression.

I don't really mind if people who have served their sentences are allowed to vote, but to hell with allowing prisoners to vote.

It's always the same crowd that once to change voter dynamics, dropping the age to 16, allowing illegal aliens to vote, getting that ever important prison block vote, vote by mail, voter harvesting.

You have to have safeguards when you have one group whose motto is literally, "by any means necessary."

Meh, registering to vote is not difficult at all. It's a way to ensure that a legitimate voter's voice is no watered down by a vote cast through voter fraud.

At least where I am at - if you choose to, you can register when you get a driver's license or a state ID. It probably takes an additional 15 seconds.

I am pretty suspicious about people who claim that these simple safeguards against voter fraud is actually voter suppression. For such people, I think they really believe that being only allowed to vote once is somehow suppression.

I don't really mind if people who have served their sentences are allowed to vote, but to hell with allowing prisoners to vote.

It's always the same crowd that once to change voter dynamics, dropping the age to 16, allowing illegal aliens to vote, getting that ever important prison block vote, vote by mail, voter harvesting.

You have to have safeguards when you have one group whose motto is literally, "by any means necessary."

Are you saying that the voter registration method described by Dragon is more susceptible to voter fraud than the voter registration method you described?

And this is how it should be in a democratic society. But this is the United States, and as successful as a country as we are, there is a literal business in voter suppression and its effects can be seen in most every election. Hell, the 'right' to own a rifle or handgun is much, much more radically defended than making voting a priority.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom