Canada effectively bans assault weapons after NS shooting (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Meh, registering to vote is not difficult at all. It's a way to ensure that a legitimate voter's voice is no watered down by a vote cast through voter fraud.

At least where I am at - if you choose to, you can register when you get a driver's license or a state ID. It probably takes an additional 15 seconds.

I am pretty suspicious about people who claim that these simple safeguards against voter fraud is actually voter suppression. For such people, I think they really believe that being only allowed to vote once is somehow suppression.

I don't really mind if people who have served their sentences are allowed to vote, but to hell with allowing prisoners to vote.

It's always the same crowd that once to change voter dynamics, dropping the age to 16, allowing illegal aliens to vote, getting that ever important prison block vote, vote by mail, voter harvesting.

You have to have safeguards when you have one group whose motto is literally, "by any means necessary."

Voter fraud is not solved by registration. AFAIK it cost money to get a state id or drivers license and you need to show up at an office to get it.
    Every child born here get a unique SSN at birth and the same goes for naturalized citizents when they take the oath. The parents receive their childrens SSN card when the birth is registered and as I said - when you turn 18 you get your own. We still do paper votes. Not because we can't do electronic votes but because all paper votes are kept in a secure storage in case of a recount should be necessary and papervotes cant be hacked!- All bags of votes are counted twice by two different individuals from either side of the political spectrum and if a different tally is reached, they are counted again. They are then shipped to storage where they are once again counted by officials to verify that the data from the local voting place match the actual votes as well as the total number of votes received should match the number of people who had voted at the location.

When you show you SSN to receive your paper ticket to vote, it is noted in the system that you have voted (not how you have voted - only that you have appeared at that site and that you have deposited a sealed vote in the box.) so if you try to go somewhere else and vote, the administrators there can see that you have already voted and turn you away.

I know the details of this because my father has served as an official at elections since 1972 and is still doing it.

Are you saying that the voter registration method described by Dragon is more susceptible to voter fraud than the voter registration method you described?

Obviously that's what I am saying. They may not have the issue with voter fraud that we have though.

Obviously that's what I am saying. They may not have the issue with voter fraud that we have though.

I don't think there's any real evidence that voter fraud is a big issue in this country AFAIK.

Sure, the current WH admin would have everyone believe that..but it's purely to further political narratives.

The issue we do have? Low voter turnout. I think we can remedy this in a few different ways -- one of which being to make election day a national holiday.

Please explain how the government automatically registering voters at the appropriate age based on a unique Social Security Number is more susceptible to fraud than a system that involves the registering voter to do it themselves?

Also, please cite numbers on voter fraud in this country to support your claim that we need stricter voting laws.

Please explain how the government automatically registering voters at the appropriate age based on a unique Social Security Number is more susceptible to fraud than a system that involves the registering voter to do it themselves?

Also, please cite numbers on voter fraud in this country to support your claim that we need stricter voting laws.

You must have me confused with someone else. I don't play go fetch for people on the internet and in fact I encourage others not to either. It's a bad faith game that I witnessed for too long.

I don't know how the government is supposed to automatically know where a couple of hundred million people consider their residence.

I know Democrats would love the opportunity to collect people from a safe blue state to jump on party buses to vote in a more contested state, but personally I am against it.

Last edited:
    You must have me confused with someone else. I don't play go fetch for people on the internet and in fact I encourage others not to either. It's a bad faith game that I witnessed for too long.

I don't know how the government is supposed to automatically know where a couple of hundred people consider their residence.

I know Democrats would love the opportunity to collect people from a safe blue state to jump on party buses to vote in a more contested state, but personally I am against it.

So... baseless allegations and a blanket refusal to provide support for your positions. Understood.

So... baseless allegations and a blanket refusal to provide support for your positions. Understood.

LOL, I am not going scurrying around the internet pulling sources just because you decided that would be a fun way for me to spend my evening.

You are going to have to settle for the consolation prize - making a smug comment about me be unwilling to go look something up just because you requested that I do so.

LOL, I am not going scurrying around the internet pulling sources just because you decided that would be a fun way for me to spend my evening.

You are going to have to settle for the consolation prize - making a smug comment about me be unwilling to go look something up just because you requested that I do so.

You are mistaking an honest assessment for smugness.

I know I've explained this before, but it might not have been here, so I'll do it now.

You said

I don't play go fetch for people on the internet and in fact I encourage others not to either. It's a bad faith game that I witnessed for too long.

That's the complete opposite of reality. Bad faith is when you demand others find sources for your claims. If you claim something to be true and I can't find anything to support your position, it's easy to claim I didn't look in the right place or I didn't look hard enough. Hell, you could just that claim I didn't even look at all.

But if you cite your sources, there is no confusion over how you reached your conclusion or what information you used to form your opinions.

I walked to the 7/11 at 6pm and heard SIX rapid gun shots less than 2-3 blocks away. Police were trying to figure out where the shots came from. Told them I think it was west of my location based on the sound. There is no news reports on local news or blogs. I guess the shooter missed and gunshots in a city is too common to make news.

I figured our military historians would have already corrected you by now about this, but since they haven't...

What was the saying from Yamato, if we have to invade America there will be a gun behind every blade of grass.
    Except he never said that or anything similar.

I walked to the 7/11 at 6pm and heard SIX rapid gun shots less than 2-3 blocks away. Police were trying to figure out where the shots came from. Told them I think it was west of my location based on the sound. There is no news reports on local news or blogs. I guess the shooter missed and gunshots in a city is too common to make news.

Right...

And while folks are all enamoured with thoughts of Ahmaud Aubery

and people are saying things like this on our other sight and I quote: I can only hope that the black and brown communities eventually say enough is enough and start taking things into their own hands.

We seemed to have two mass shooting happen just this past mothers day and for some reason didn't get a single mention on either sight.

And also... Just last week we had a cop killing in Baton Rouge and Every single cop in BR was either in the hospital with the victum and the rest on the manhunt... and not a single mention here... I wonder why...

And lastly...

Two cops in Chicago shoot an unarmed man in the Train Station... and Not a single word about it here or on our other sight... Not a peep. I wonder why? Could it have to do with the fact the cops were black and the unarmed man was white? Just didn't quite fit the storyline?

Seems with some people the cops and gun control issues are only worth discussion when it fits their narrative.

ANd while I empathize with Many on Ahmaud Arbery and feel those clowns deserve Murder if the evidence points that way... ANd those clown should hang

Yet so many are celebrities saying that.. "You can't even go for a jog"

Well, it seems that you can't even go for a car ride to the store either. Just ask the family of 7 year old Jazmine Barnes.

But once the the suspect turned out to Not be White... Seems the outrage just sort of faded away fast. Well Known activist Shawn King didn't even apologize when he falsely accussed an innocent man who started receiving death threats and later committed suicide.

So how do you feel left wingers and gun control... You guys want Red flag laws for guns on people that may be crazy.. How about Red Flag laws on Gangbangers with guns selling Drugs? Or is that snitching?

Cause our real gun problem is not the old White guy with an AR15... Those are rare incidents... Not daily occurances.

I live in midtown in Mobile. We have a drinking game we play in evenings. Its called fireworks or gunshots. If they are gun shots, you take a shot. We are drunk by 8 pm just about every night.

I live in midtown in Mobile. We have a drinking game we play in evenings. Its called fireworks or gunshots. If they are gun shots, you take a shot. We are drunk by 8 pm just about every night.

Howdy, neighbor. I very rarely hear anything like that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom