Buffalo gunman kills 10, motivated by white-genocide rhetoric (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

superchuck500

U.S. Blues
    Reaction score

BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) – The U.S. Justice Department is investigating Saturday’s mass shooting at a Buffalo supermarket as a hate crime and an act of racially motivated violent extremism.

The gunman was identified during his arraignment as Payton S. Gendron of Conklin, New York. That name that matches the name given in a 180-page manifesto that surfaced online shortly after the attack and took credit for the violence in the name of white supremacy.

I've heard him described as racist and specifically anti-semitic. Then the usual "people of color" nonsense. But no utterance of him just being anti-black.

Which is obvious by the neighborhood he chose to attack and the word he wrote on his rifle.

It's important because black people still lead the nation as victims of hate crimes and there needs to be more legislation, and especially more money driven towards black areas as a vulnerable group. Similar to what asian communities got.

Instead it'll be spread out to "people of color" whom are not a monolith.

The “good guy with a gun” narrative falls completely apart with this one because there was a former police officer/armed security guard who shot multiple times at the guy but whose gun didn’t matter because the butt crevasse had tactical gear.

That’s going to be the model for these shooters moving forward.

Also, would love for @Farb to comment on how police definitely had to kill the black guy at the traffic stop, but this guy who just finished his livestream massacre was taken into custody.

meanwhile some on the right:

Arizona state Senator Wendy Rogers, who is endorsed for reelection by former President Donald Trump, wrote in a Gettr post Saturday that "fed boy summer has started in Buffalo," referring to the theory among some right-wingers that FBI agents are behind acts of violence and are seeking to blame conservatives

OK.

First off, Nugent can just go somewhere and shut the flock up. He is a talentless hack living off his 15 minutes.

Second, and you aren’t going to like this, disappear this kid. I don’t care.

meanwhile some on the right:

Arizona state Senator Wendy Rogers, who is endorsed for reelection by former President Donald Trump, wrote in a Gettr post Saturday that "fed boy summer has started in Buffalo," referring to the theory among some right-wingers that FBI agents are behind acts of violence and are seeking to blame conservatives
    Just e-mailed her to shut the freak up.

American Taliban. And before anyone 'both sides' it, I can't recall too many instances of far-left kooks pulling off mass murder (no, Farb, I'm not going to count abortion). It's always these far-right 'OMG WHITE PEOPLE ARE BEING REPLACED' types that overdose on Fox News, Daily Wire, 4 Chan, etc.

American Taliban. And before anyone 'both sides' it, I can't recall too many instances of far-left kooks pulling off mass murder (no, Farb, I'm not going to count abortion). It's always these far-right 'OMG WHITE PEOPLE ARE BEING REPLACED' types that overdose on Fox News, Daily Wire, 4 Chan, etc.
    The right in this country has the same basic problem Islam has had globally in that an unacceptably large portion of them are extremists and/or accepting of extremism committed by others.

The dehumanizing language directed at one's deemed to be "enemies" is directly from Limbaugh's playbook and I think a lot of this mainstreaming of hate we've seen on the right has its roots in what he spewed on the radio for years to such a large national audience (and let's not forget that Trump gave the piece of shirt a Medal of Freedom for god's sake). It's not just Limbaugh, but he's probably the most egregious offender.

Kids grew up and people grew old listening to him, and more were raised by people who listened to him "other" practically anyone who didn't look, act, or think like him and, unfortunately, social media came along and has allowed people inclined towards those views to interact across the country (and globe) in a way that was previously largely impossible.

A Trump presidency, a terrorist attack on the Capitol, and and even greater turn towards extremism by the Republican party in its aftermath are nothing but examples that show the chickens have indeed come home to roost.

Last edited:
    The right in this country has the same basic problem Islam has had globally in that an unacceptably large portion of them are extremists and/or accepting of extremism committed by others.

The dehumanizing language directed at one's deemed to be "enemies" is directly from Limbaugh's playbook and I think a lot of this mainstreaming of hate we've seen on the right has its roots in what he spewed on the radio for years to such a large national audience (and let's not forget that Trump gave the piece of shirt a Medal of Freedom for god's sake). It's not just Limbaugh, but he's probably the most egregious offender.

Kids grew up and people grew old listening to him, and more were raised by people who listened to him "other" practically anyone who didn't look, act, or think like him and, unfortunately, social media came along and has allowed people inclined towards those views to interact across the country (and globe) in a way that was previously largely impossible.

A Trump presidency, a terrorist attack on the Capitol, and and even greater turn towards extremism by the Republican party in its aftermath are nothing but examples that show the chickens have indeed come home to roost.

I think it all has it roots in the religious right.

If God is on your side who is on the other guys side?

You can't compromise, and the other side becomes your enemy.

It also excuses using immoral, illegal, and unethitical tactics. You are being "as wise as a serpent". It's the same logic used about Trump. "I know he hasn't always been a morale man, but he is an instrument of God so that makes him righteous."

This shows up in polling. Here is a WAPO article about this from a year ago.

I think it all has it roots in the religious right.

If God is on your side who is on the other guys side?

You can't compromise, and the other side becomes your enemy.

I also excuses using immoral, illegal, and unethitical tactics. You are being "as wise as a serpent". It's the same logic used about Trump. "I know he hasn't always been a morale man, but he is an instrument of God so that makes him righteous."

This shows up in polling. Here is a WAPO article about this from a year ago.

I don't disagree I'll just add to that that Limbaugh presented himself as a Christian and certainly most of the people that listened to him considered themselves to be Christians and so.. I just think it kind of all goes hand in hand honestly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom