Biden stepping down - now what? (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

The fake outrage over that viral lie is disgusting. The suggestion by many of the memes that Trump wouldn't allow it, being spread by the cult members, is just nauseating. Zero fact checking, just blind sharing based upon confirmation bias and hate.
    The Olympics wouldn’t allow the trans female who broke all the swimming records to compete in the Olympics. They require the gender on the birth certificate to match the gender of the competition.

I had a conversation with a work colleague the other day about this. She had no clue about the facts. I'm still waiting on a response to my question of, "where'd you get that from?"

Pretty sure I already know the answer.

The Olympics wouldn’t allow the trans female who broke all the swimming records to compete in the Olympics. They require the gender on the birth certificate to match the gender of the competition.
    Bit of a side-track for this thread, so do follow up in another one if necessary (maybe the LGBTQ thread?), but I don't think that's quite accurate. The IOC has guiding principles, but it's generally the international federations that are responsible for setting the eligibility requirements for their sport, so they vary by sport. I think, currently, they generally require transgender women to have transitioned before the age of 12 to compete in the women's categories (which I would imagine is effectively a de facto ban, given that I would think transitioning typically takes place later than that), plus testosterone level limits.

If Harris wins, then there will be a monument to Biden. Senator for 36yrs, VP 8yrs, Pres 4yrs, and passed the baton to Harris. He demonstrates service in a way few have by stepping aside. He broke the dam on gay marriage. His economic policies are rebuilding infrastructure and bringing back manufacturing. There will be discussions about Joe as either the #1 or #2 best one-term President in a few years which would put him close to top-10 all time.

The Rushmore talk is kind of ridiculous but Biden will never get the credit he deserves after following the Trump disaster.....

The Rushmore talk is kind of ridiculous but Biden will never get the credit he deserves after following the Trump disaster.....

Agree about Rushmore. However, historians will appreciate Biden more than current voters.

Time and place matter. Kennedy is often thought of as the #1 one-term Pres. due to the Cuba missile crisis. He gets a boost from being a young, popular, romantic, and tragic hero. Biden isn't sexy, but defeating Trump to push us back towards our best values is of monumental importance. His tethering of Obama and Harris (if she wins) is huge. Ending Afghanistan. Medicare negotiating drug prices and penalizing inflation gouging. Biden has threaded the needle on Ukraine and Israel.

I don't usually post opinion pieces, but I think Biden has made the best of tough situations.

He says his decision, in part, was driven by his belief that he needed to keep the nation's focus on Trump and unite the Democratic Party ahead of the November election.
    God bless this man. He’s a true patriot and public servant.

This doesn't sound like the reasons that were given initially. Sounds like a coup.

Biden has done more interviews than Harris since she replaced him.

“I was concerned that if I stayed in the race…I thought it would be a real distraction.”

Last edited:
    This doesn't sound like the reasons that were given initially. Sounds like a coup.

Biden has done more interviews that Harris since she replaced him.

“I was concerned that if I stayed in the race…I thought it would be a real distraction.”

The “reasons” you are talking about were gossip from a gossip rag. The word of the day is “delusional”. Trump has proven he’s delusional, and all of MAGA is right there with him.

It’s been weeks and the GOP is STILL obsessed with Biden.

This is why Trump is 28-3’ing the election.

As for a coup? It’s not.
    The GOP has been begging that Biden should drop out. And they got their wish.

Flaherty couldn't even define misinformation when asked by Jordan eventhough he was helping to censor Biden "misinformation."

What a clown

Flaherty couldn't even define misinformation when asked by Jordan eventhough he was helping to censor Biden "misinformation."

What a clown

Doesn’t have anything to do with this thread. But your desperation is still noted and appreciated. You’re in for a rough few months here.

I'm so here to witness your descent into absolute terror and desperation over the next 2.5 months.

And you are off to a roaring start.

And come November, you will find your ideals and views as marginal as the voting for Trump will show. Fast track you into mediocrity along with your bloviating posts of conspiracy and lunacy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom