All things Racist...USA edition (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    I was looking for a place to put this so we could discuss but didn't really find a place that worked so I created this thread so we can all place articles, experiences, videos and examples of racism in the USA.

This is one that happened this week. The lady even called and filed a complaint on the officer. This officer also chose to wear the body cam (apparently, LA doesn't require this yet). This exchange wasn't necessarily racist IMO until she started with the "mexican racist...you will never be white, like you want" garbage. That is when it turned racist IMO

All the murderer and other insults, I think are just a by product of CRT and ACAB rhetoric that is very common on the radical left and sadly is being brought to mainstream in this country.

Another point that I think is worth mentioning is she is a teacher and the sense of entitlement she feels is mind blowing.

https://news.yahoo.com/black-teacher-berates-latino-la-221235341.html

If 47% of black people don't think it is okay to be white, then moving into a black neighborhood puts white people at risk. Also, when white people move into black neighborhoods, they are sometimes not welcomed since it is perceived as the start of gentrification.
    It's a poll. If 100 black people was the sample size, then 47 of them gave that answer. Last time I checked, there were more than 47 black people around these parts. 47 people don't speak for 13% of the US population.
    So you had a choice of a black neighborhood, but couldn't afford it. It is interesting that your brothers chose to live in a black neighborhood. I suspect that there were more wealthy white neighborhoods to choose from, but they felt more comfortable in the black gated neighborhood, which is making my point that people prefer to be among people that are more like them. I never said everyone, but most prefer that.
    Your suspicions are wrong. Both of my brothers have custom built homes. They purchased lots in the area because it was affordable to their families, it was near where they worked and it is an upscale gated community. The fact that it was predominantly black was a bonus that they were not aware of until much later after having lived there. Your point was not made at all. It had nothing to do with "preferring to be among people that are more like them."
    In fact, I resent that fact that you keep up with that line. The only difference between black people and white people is their pigment. Yet you seem to be of the belief that there's more than just skin color that separates black people and white people.
    Your brothers seemed to care, had a choice, and chose a predominantly black neighborhood. If 47% of white people don't think it is okay to be black, which was easily true from past history, then I would advise black people to move into black areas as well. I don't know if white people of today feel that way, but if so, then Scott's advise would apply to black people as well.
    I've already addressed this above. You're wrong. You are making conclusions for all black and all white people based on a poll. Please stop doing that. I think you are more intelligent than what you are portraying when you continue to do that.

Your brothers practiced this. I think more would if they could afford it.
    No they did not. You are completely wrong.
    This has nothing to do with who thinks they're better. It's interesting that you think your neighbors may think they are better than you due to your skin tone. Why would anyone want to live with people that think they are better than you? I avoid people like that. They make me uncomfortable and irritate me, even if I know their reasoning is flawed. Superiority complexes don't add to comfort. One may have to deal with that, but it isn't preferred. What adds to comfort is people that act more similarly to you. It's always good to be exposed to different lifestyles, but most people feel a little uncomfortable as the difference increases.
    It has everything to do with people who think they're better because that is the only reason those people look down on others. They think something about them makes them inherently better than the people they are looking down on.
    I never said well-to-do black people seek to live in whiter neighborhoods. I said they usually end up in whiter neighborhoods because it is their only good and safe choice.
    You most certainly did. Maybe you wanted to say what you thought you said but you said it exactly how I quoted it. You can go back and review your own post for proof.
    I do agree that it is stupid to think that it isn't okay to be something you have no control over, but then you seem to justify that belief. I live in today, not what happened in the 60s and before. Today black people commit most atrocities on their own communities. They may feel like it isn't okay to be white due to past grievances, but no matter their motive for saying it isn't okay to be white, it makes Scott's advice about segregating understandable, because most people don't want to move in to a place where automatically 50% of the people won't like you for something you can't control. You always run in to people that won't like you for xyz reasons, but if you start with 50% disliking you due to your race, you're just seeking out trouble.
    Scott Adams is a racist jackass and has shown himself to have racist beliefs. Nothing he said was valid. It's disappointing that you would be here defending his "opinion" but not all that surprising. You continue to make an inference about an entire group of people based on a poll result. How valid would my poll be if I surveyed 100 white people in Cullman or Good Hope Alabama and asked them about their view of black people and then used those results to paint you as a racists based off the results from that poll? You'd lose your mind letting everyone here know they don't represent you. Or maybe they do.

Last edited:
    Lapaz: I read a discussion on Twitter saying that Adams has seriously misrepresented the poll. And that the poll itself was worded in a very misleading way.

In other words - Adams used the poll to reveal his racism, and boy did he ever. He’s a Peice of work who should be shunned.

If i was a betting man, i would bet the farm that Adams would NEVER call the KKK a hate group...

If you go back and look up some things Adams is about, you will see that he has defended White Supremacists in the past, like defended the guys in Charlottsville, got mad at Trump when he asked if he would condemn white supremacists (as you can tell he didn't want to, but reluctantly said he would), etc
    The guy is a pieice of trash and deserves everything he has coming his way... He can blame the media all he wants, but the words came out of his own mouth..

The polling group presented survey takers with an oddly phrased question: Did they agree or disagree with the statement, ‘It’s OK to be white’?

When a slim majority of Black respondents said yes, comic strip creator Scott Adams cited the results to argue that Black Americans are “a hate group,” urging White people to “get the hell away from” Black people. His racist rant prompted hundreds of newspapers to drop his “Dilbert” comic in disapproval, rendering the decades-old cartoon homeless.

The survey question was asked by the conservative-leaning Rasmussen Reports, whose head pollster described it as a “simple” and “uncontroversial” query. But, in fact, the phrase in question has a freighted history that implies more than its face-value meaning.

The phrase “it’s okay to be White” was popularized in 2017 as a trolling campaign meant to provoke liberals into condemning the statement and thus, the theory went, proving their own unreasonableness. White supremacists picked up on the trend, adding neo-Nazi language, websites or images to fliers with the phrase.

Survey takers familiar with that background may have wanted to avoid expressing approval of wording co-opted in that way, experts said.

Rasmussen, citing respondents reached through automated landline calls and a panel of volunteer participants, reported that 53 percent of the 117 Black participants agreed with the statement but 26 percent of Black participants disagreed and 21 percent said they weren’t sure.

“Anyone who did know the history of it or who had a suspicion about the history of it might react to that Rasmussen question with some skepticism,” said Nicholas Valentino, a political scientist at the University of Michigan who studies racial attitudes and public emotions. “And that wouldn’t be a sign that they didn’t like White people.”

In a video that Rasmussen posted on Twitter alongside the survey results, head pollster Mark Mitchell presented the question as a good-faith effort to capture public opinion — something he claimed Rasmussen is unique in doing. (“The reality of American public opinion does not match what you’ve being told in the news, at schools or colleges, by corporations and by your public officials.”) Mitchell suggested that mainstream journalists would hesitate to report on the result of the question because it “conclusively undermines the current racial orthodoxy.”

“All we did was ask very simple questions that should be uncontroversial, and we are reporting on what Americans told us, nothing more,” Mitchell said in the video. While Adams cited the number of skeptical Black respondents to raise race-based alarm, Mitchell cited the majority of respondents of all races who approve of the phrase to take aim at liberal-leaning groups such as the Southern Poverty Law Center for designating it a problematic phrase.

In recent years, Rasmussen has shifted from serving primarily as a right-leaning polling firm to more actively amplifying conservative causes, with a website featuring commentary from conservative and libertarian pundits. In the video about the recent survey question, Mitchell also hyped polling results that he said showed “nearly half the country is concerned that vaccines are causing a significant number of unexplained deaths.” (The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has said there is no evidence that coronavirus vaccines are causing deaths.) On Twitter, the firm also elevated misinformation about alleged fraud in the 2020 presidential election and highlighted conspiracy theories suggesting that the Jan. 6 insurrection was a “set-up.”

Rasmussen did not immediately respond Tuesday to a request for comment on the history of the phrase “it’s okay to be White.”

White supremacists have used the phrase since at least the early 2000s, said Mark Pitcavage, a senior research fellow for the Anti-Defamation League’s Center on Extremism. Six years ago, the term gained popularity when people on the discussion forum 4chan decided to employ the phrase as a stunt.

The trolls posted sheets of paper with just the words “it’s okay to be White” on building doors and other public locations in the hope that some people would become upset and express frustration. Many people saw through the prank, Pitcavage said, and recognized its malicious intent.

The next year, the trolling movement picked up again. A post on 4chan said the goal was to “bait the left into revealing their hatred and racism towards white people for the voting public to see,” according to the Anti-Defamation League. The posters appeared on the campuses of at least 14 universities, including on a statue of the Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr. at Cabrillo College in Northern California. At Duke University, pumpkins carved with swastikas were found near some of the fliers................

this could have gone in a few threads
    =========================
    .......Adams himself has at times predicted his own “cancellation,” his ostracization for making controversial or repugnant claims. This is itself a common tactic on the right, people amplifying their supposed anti-left credentials by suggesting their views are unacceptably politically incorrect. Often, the controversy fails to materialize or, at least, to reach the scale that Adams achieved over the past week. But it’s the thought that counts...........

Tracking Adams’s evolution alongside the online right is fascinating. He supported Donald Trump’s efforts to goad the left, if not every aspect of his presidency. In the past few years, his politics have been more Tucker-Carlson-ish, rejecting government and other institutions as hobbled, moronic or nefarious. Adams enjoys presenting himself as smarter and more clever than everyone else, leading him to couch controversial statements with belated winks in the manner of Twitter owner Elon Musk (who rushed to support Adams in the wake of the new controversy).

What makes the situation with Adams interesting, though, isn’t that it’s unique. Quite the opposite. He (like Trump and Musk) has been able to tread further into controversy thanks to celebrity and power. Years of pushing boundaries only to see them stretch to accommodate him (as with the introduction of the first Black Dilbert character last year — who, true to Adams’s worldview, identified as White) simply reinforced his own self-confidence and led him to push harder.

There are rewards for this on the right. Donald Trump Jr. has gone from minding a real estate empire to creating a lib-baiting one. You can get attention and praise and go viral online with successfully structured efforts to make Democrats mad. By offering evidence that the political right is correct and the political left toxic and deluded, you can generate attention capital, one of the most important currencies in right-wing politics.

Which brings us to Rasmussen Reports.

Like Adams, Rasmussen has spent the post-Trump years fervently engaged in culture-war fights. The company, once generally considered conservative but still primarily a polling firm, has shifted its focus. Its online presence includes the results of its Republican-friendly polls, but also amplifies right-wing causes and rhetoric. In the wake of the 2020 election, it shared misinformation about fraud and backed Trump’s efforts to reject electors. In recent months, it has boosted anti-vaccination conspiracy theories. Its polls, meanwhile, are often sponsored by hard-right organizations and causes.

So, earlier this month, it embraced a different aspect of right-wing politics: the idea that White people face discrimination and racism equal to or greater than Black or other non-White groups.

This has been a central motivator on the right for well over a decade. Trump’s election in 2016 was powered in no small degree by Republican primary voters concerned about the status of White Americans. This sense was heightened by the emergence of the Black Lives Matter movement and the immigration surge that occurred in 2014.

The idea was clearly a central part of opposition to the presidency of Barack Obama as well, both because he was not White and because his election overlapped with increased concern about the perceived demographic decline of Whites. Polling has shown that Republicans consistently express the belief that White Americans are as likely to face discrimination as other racial groups, if not more..........

By itself, though, this is wrong. Only 26 percent say that they “disagree,” according to the tweet. But remember that these figures are for only a small number of Black poll respondents. If Rasmussen’s 1,000-person poll included 136 Black adults (matching the national population) the margin of error here would likely be about 8 percentage points. (This isn’t really how polling works, but Rasmussen’s methodology is dubious enough anyway that we’ll just use it as our example.)

More importantly, though, Rasmussen didn’t ask if people thought it was okay to be White. They asked if people agreed with the statement, “It’s okay to be White.”

Why is this important? Consider another, even more loaded question: Do you agree with the statement “all lives matter"? No one cognizant of American politics in the last decade would not recognize that statement for what it is. It’s not a comment about whether lives matter; it’s a rebuttal to the activist phrase “Black lives matter.” It’s not about all lives, it’s about the Black Lives Matter movement............

can't imagine this went over well, especially since it was a black man saying it
    ====================================================
    A former Atlanta fire chief who stirred debate with his homophobic views a decade ago is back in the spotlight this week, following a speech in which he said it was God’s divine plan that “allowed” Africans to be brought to America as slaves.

During a Black History Month celebration Monday hosted by the Georgia Department of Labor, Kelvin J. Cochran, who is Black, took the podium to explain how his religious views conform to the history of the country’s founding. In an unlisted YouTube video, Cochran starts his patriotic speech saying that America “has been a part of God’s divine plan from the beginning of time.” Then, midway into his remarks he discusses slavery, alluding that everything in American history is part of “His story.”

“Slavery in America did not catch God by surprise,” Cochran said. “In his sovereignty, God … allowed Africans to be brought to America as slaves. Africa was on the eve of social, spiritual and economic catastrophe and famine — still going on today. So, He brought 6 million Africans to America through the Middle Passage as slaves.”

Cochran compared African slavery to slavery in Israel, saying, “Just as it was God’s divine plan to enslave the nation of Israel,” God’s sovereignty “allowed Africans to be brought to America in bondage.” He also cited a verse from the book of Genesis, when God told Abraham his descendants would be enslaved and mistreated for 400 years. He pointed out too that slave masters were adamant about teaching slaves about Christianity, and that enslaved people would gather outside church houses to eavesdrop on the worship sermons.

In 2013, Cochran, who was fire chief at the Atlanta Fire Rescue Department, gave his subordinates a copy of his self-published Bible study book, “Who Told You That You Were Naked?,” which included homophobic comments such as that gay people and those who have sex outside marriage are “naked,” wicked and ungodly sinners. He also called homosexuality a “sexual perversion“ and compared it to bestiality.

In October 2014, an assistant fire chief raised concerns over the book and the following month Cochran was suspended for 30 days without pay for failing to get approval or provide proper notice ahead of the publication of the book. Following his suspension, Cochran waged a campaign claiming that he had been fired for his religious beliefs, which ultimately led to his termination in January 2015...............

can't imagine this went over well, especially since it was a black man saying it
    A former Atlanta fire chief who stirred debate with his homophobic views a decade ago is back in the spotlight this week, following a speech in which he said it was God’s divine plan that “allowed” Africans to be brought to America as slaves.

During a Black History Month celebration Monday hosted by the Georgia Department of Labor, Kelvin J. Cochran, who is Black, took the podium to explain how his religious views conform to the history of the country’s founding. In an unlisted YouTube video, Cochran starts his patriotic speech saying that America “has been a part of God’s divine plan from the beginning of time.” Then, midway into his remarks he discusses slavery, alluding that everything in American history is part of “His story.”

“Slavery in America did not catch God by surprise,” Cochran said. “In his sovereignty, God … allowed Africans to be brought to America as slaves. Africa was on the eve of social, spiritual and economic catastrophe and famine — still going on today. So, He brought 6 million Africans to America through the Middle Passage as slaves.”

Cochran compared African slavery to slavery in Israel, saying, “Just as it was God’s divine plan to enslave the nation of Israel,” God’s sovereignty “allowed Africans to be brought to America in bondage.” He also cited a verse from the book of Genesis, when God told Abraham his descendants would be enslaved and mistreated for 400 years. He pointed out too that slave masters were adamant about teaching slaves about Christianity, and that enslaved people would gather outside church houses to eavesdrop on the worship sermons.

In 2013, Cochran, who was fire chief at the Atlanta Fire Rescue Department, gave his subordinates a copy of his self-published Bible study book, “Who Told You That You Were Naked?,” which included homophobic comments such as that gay people and those who have sex outside marriage are “naked,” wicked and ungodly sinners. He also called homosexuality a “sexual perversion“ and compared it to bestiality.

In October 2014, an assistant fire chief raised concerns over the book and the following month Cochran was suspended for 30 days without pay for failing to get approval or provide proper notice ahead of the publication of the book. Following his suspension, Cochran waged a campaign claiming that he had been fired for his religious beliefs, which ultimately led to his termination in January 2015...............

Ah, yes, the old, "God saw it coming so He let people become slaves that were tortured, beaten, and murdered to save them from the bad things He could have stopped in the first place" argument. Talk about some twisted logic.

This is a great example of what religion does to people.

I am sure that there are plenty of white elected officials blaming racism for their trials and tribulations, but these two have been in the news this week.

Crap like this doesn’t help improve the situation.

I am sure that there are plenty of white elected officials blaming racism for their trials and tribulations, but these two have been in the news this week.

Crap like this doesn’t help improve the situation.

Tweets from Tucker Carlson's website don't help improve the situation either.

In his first television interview since making racist remarks that got his comic strip pulled from newspapers across the country, Scott Adams told Chris Cuomo he stands by them.......

In response, newspapers dropped Dilbert and Adams lost a book deal.

On Monday, he doubled down in an interview with Cuomo on NewsNation.

“The way things are going, the signals are blaring in every way,” Adams said. “Social media shows an anti-Whiteness bias. Businesses do, ESG, CRT, DEI, all these corporate and government things.”

Adams went on to say his words had been misconstrued.

“What I want your audience to know is that when I complained about Black people having a bad attitude about White people, that was me saying nothing about Black people,” he said. “It was saying, ‘I don’t want to be around people who have a bad feeling about me.'”

Adams stated when he refers to “Black people,” he does not mean “all Black people.”

“I think you needed to do some kind of huge disclaimer on it, Scott,” Cuomo replied. “You’re saying, ‘I’m about to say something to try to rile people up.’ The only thing I’ll push back on is, you know, I’ve read you saying that this was a poll that changed course for you.”

Cuomo noted he does not rely on Rasmussen because of its “clickbait” tendencies.

“I don’t know why you would ever take anything they say as the truth of the matter,” he said. “More importantly, when you put the message out there, there has to be some accountability for it because you know how fragile our fabric is. And the idea of White people get[ting] away from Black people, there are a lot of people who really believe that, Scott. And now you are counted among them. How do you counteract that?”

Adams replied that White people are primarily responsible for his cancellation.

“It’s almost entirely White people that canceled me,” he said. “It might be entirely because they’re the ones that own the publishing companies and the newspapers.”

“You don’t think that Black people were offended?” Cuomo asked.

“So far, every Black person I’ve talked to – and of course, a lot of people contacted me – said that they said, ‘Hey, what’s going on?’ And I said, ‘Look at the context.'”

Adams insisted the broader context of his remarks was exculpatory in the minds of those he interacted with.

“So Black America is actually completely fine, both conservative and liberal if they see the context,” he continued.............

I would say that most Americans have known about his beliefs for years now. He’s been hateful in public (on line) for years. Plus he read the poll wrongly, although he probably read it as Rasmussen intended it to be read. The poll was garbage, and he took garbage views and ran with them. Even when people pointed out the things wrong with the poll, he still doubled down.

Stupid is as stupid does. 🤷‍♀️

This is a really nice short article about the history of the KKK in the 1920s in Michigan, and Klan records. Worth the read:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom