All things Racist...USA edition (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    I was looking for a place to put this so we could discuss but didn't really find a place that worked so I created this thread so we can all place articles, experiences, videos and examples of racism in the USA.

This is one that happened this week. The lady even called and filed a complaint on the officer. This officer also chose to wear the body cam (apparently, LA doesn't require this yet). This exchange wasn't necessarily racist IMO until she started with the "mexican racist...you will never be white, like you want" garbage. That is when it turned racist IMO

All the murderer and other insults, I think are just a by product of CRT and ACAB rhetoric that is very common on the radical left and sadly is being brought to mainstream in this country.

Another point that I think is worth mentioning is she is a teacher and the sense of entitlement she feels is mind blowing.

https://news.yahoo.com/black-teacher-berates-latino-la-221235341.html

So, I actually read the article. It isn’t dumb at all and contains the following quote:

“Now, I’m not suggesting that white and nonblack people refrain from ever circulating a black person’s image for amusement or otherwise…” she writes. “There’s no prescriptive or proscriptive step-by-step rulebook to follow, nobody’s coming to take GIFs away.”

It simply raises awareness that there is a difference between some memes. Some are expressly meant to show black people in a stereotypical way, others are not. The article admits it’s a fine line and hard to distinguish sometimes. In the end, all the article is asking is for people to think a little bit about a meme before posting it.

So, SFL, what do you consider dumb about the article? Did you even read it? I’m betting you never even read it.
    like mentioned many times, and its true with memes. Context matters.

Strict rules on hairstyles at schools in Japan have attracted criticism after a mixed-race teenager was separated from other students at their graduation ceremony because he had plaited his hair into cornrows to pay tribute to his Black heritage.

The student, who has not been named, was made to sit alone at the back of the hall during a graduation ceremony at his school in Himeji, western Japan, and told not to stand and respond when his name was called out.

The 18-year-old, who has an African-American father and Japanese mother, said he had plaited his hair, which is naturally curly, to make it look neater for the ceremony, adding that he had learned about the cultural significance of cornrows online and from his father.

“I wasn’t able to create happy memories to mark the three years I spent at the school with my friends,” he told the Mainichi Shimbun. “I was frustrated because I felt like I was being told, ‘This is not your special day.’ The hairstyle represented my father’s roots and culture in the Black community.”

The school’s vice principal told the newspaper that the student had been segregated simply for failing to observe the rules on haircuts…….

The National Weather Service has decried racist responses to their decision to issue bilingual storm alerts.

The NWS has recently issued alerts in both English and Spanish across the Midwest and Southern United States following severe weather snowstorms that have left 32 people dead.

Over the weekend, the agency said in a tweetthat the measure had sparked racist remarks online……..

The National Weather Service has decried racist responses to their decision to issue bilingual storm alerts.

The NWS has recently issued alerts in both English and Spanish across the Midwest and Southern United States following severe weather snowstorms that have left 32 people dead.

Over the weekend, the agency said in a tweetthat the measure had sparked racist remarks online……..

What the actual fork.

"Nothing shall deter us from our duty in this eternal struggle -- not death nor prison," Brandon Russell wrote from his jail cell in May 2020. "We are always comforted by the thought of knowing we did the right thing in fighting this wretched System."

The former National Guard soldier was serving a five-year sentence after a former roommate told law enforcement that Russell had explosives and warned them that he had threatened to kill and conduct bombings while cruising neo-Nazi chatrooms.

In a cooler in the garage of the Tampa, Florida, apartment they shared, Russell had HMTD, an explosive used almost exclusively by terrorists that can be made with common materials such as camp stove fuel, hair bleach and over-the-counter supplements.

Russell, who at the time of his arrest served in the Florida National Guard, had turned the apartment into something of a boot camp for the three men he ushered into the neo-Nazi organization he founded, Atomwaffen Division.

The men used Old Glory as a doormat. A Nazi flag hung on the wall, and Russell had a framed picture on his dresser of Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh, who had also been a soldier before becoming a terrorist. Their white supremacist group believes violence, terrorism and murder are necessary to eliminate non-white minorities and cause society's collapse.

Russell seemingly went everywhere in his Army uniform, wanting to project an image of "Mr. All-American," one of the roommate's parents would recall. Beneath that uniform, on his right shoulder, the leader had an Atomwaffen Division shield tattoo.

He was released in 2021, but was arrested again in February of this year, along with an alleged female accomplice, and charged with masterminding a plan to blow up Baltimore's electric grid. The goal was to cause as much suffering as possible in the city during times of extreme heat or cold, according to prosecutors...........

The U.S. intelligence community deemed racially or ethnically motivated violent extremism -- with adherents such as white supremacists, Nazis and other racist groups -- the "most lethal threat" to Americans in its annual 2023 threat assessment released in March.

The groups "believe that recruiting military members will help them organize cells for attacks against minorities or institutions that oppose their ideology," the intelligence report says.

But the Pentagon and Congress remain divided over how seriously to take the threat, even as violent plots are foiled and agencies, watchdog organizations and advocates issue increasingly urgent warnings.

The military services have held stand-downs and issued new policies, but then balked at using up precious time and funding on more elaborate efforts to stamp out white supremacists, Nazis and other hate groups, rather than caring for other pressing issues such as the current recruiting crisis.............

So, I actually read the article. It isn’t dumb at all and contains the following quote:

“Now, I’m not suggesting that white and nonblack people refrain from ever circulating a black person’s image for amusement or otherwise…” she writes. “There’s no prescriptive or proscriptive step-by-step rulebook to follow, nobody’s coming to take GIFs away.”

It simply raises awareness that there is a difference between some memes. Some are expressly meant to show black people in a stereotypical way, others are not. The article admits it’s a fine line and hard to distinguish sometimes. In the end, all the article is asking is for people to think a little bit about a meme before posting it.

So, SFL, what do you consider dumb about the article? Did you even read it? I’m betting you never even read it.
    It's figures that you would like the article. I thought you might when I saw it. Yet another example of wokeness.

It's figures that you would like the article. I thought you might when I saw it. Yet another example of wokeness.
    I didn’t say I liked it, and I wouldn’t have read it if you hadn’t posted it. I wanted to see what you objected to, and I didn’t really find much, tbh.

But I’m curious, what about this article are you afraid of?

JFC, this is some of the most word-twisting, insincere bullshirt. That's not what she said at all and to claim otherwise is either an intentional misrepresentation because you have no other point or it's genuine illiteracy and you can't comprehend her point.

ONTANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A Sequoia Middle School language arts teacher is being criticized after she was caught on video repeatedly using a racial slur in class.

According to students, the class was reading a Mark Twain novel when someone asked the teacher about the spelling of the N-word.

"The teacher got in front of the class and she was saying that the word is just an English word and everybody can say it if she wants to, it's in the dictionary, and people are oversensitive over the word," said the student who shot the video on her phone. She did not want to be identified.

"She was trying to force him to say the word and she repeatedly kept saying it and she had a smirk on her face," recalled the student, who's African American. "I was just thinking, 'Dang, this teacher is out of her mind.'"

According to the student, the teacher said the word several times.

"Not acceptable," said Caroline Rivera, a mother who has two students enrolled at the school. In her opinion, the teacher needs to be disciplined.

"Pulling the teacher out? Maybe going through training again?" suggested Rivera.

The Fontana Unified School District would not comment on whether the teacher was disciplined or not, but did provide a statement that read in part, "While we acknowledge that this derogatory language comes from a novel first published in the late 1800s, and that historical context is important to consider when discussing literature, the district does not condone the language that was used in the video or using that language outside of the context of discussing the novel.".............

The biggest revelation to me since Trump came on the scene, is the absolute arrogance of white people all over this country once they have felt emboldened. That body language is very aggressive on that teacher’s part.

I mean I knew racists existed, I just didn’t see them flaunt it this way before. I realize that says I’m not very observant.

The biggest revelation to me since Trump came on the scene, is the absolute arrogance of white people all over this country once they have felt emboldened. That body language is very aggressive on that teacher’s part.

I mean I knew racists existed, I just didn’t see them flaunt it this way before. I realize that says I’m not very observant.
    We talked about it on the PDB at the time

people were saying and doing things they wouldn’t have dared to a year or two earlier

the things people said and did were accepted, condoned or even cheered like they wouldn’t have been a year or two prior

and ‘people’ wasn’t that sketchy guy you always had your suspicions about

it was friends, family, neighbors, co workers, classmates, it was people you’d known for years or even decades, it was people you would have sworn on a bible never would have said or done the things they said or did

it was and is heartbreaking and I don’t think we can get this shirt back in the goose

Last edited:
    In the Tennessee House two black men were expelled, while the one white women was not expelled.

FtEfR0rWIAAKok4

Last edited:
    It's a sad day in America and unless there is some kind of severe pushback in the form of business boycotts of Tennessee based businesses, including by the NFL, NBA and NCAA, this move will only embolden other state legislatures where the GQP have super majorities to expel not just black democrats, but democrats in general. This is who they are.

Of the people I associate with, I'm probably the only one that does not own a gun of some kind. I fully support people's right to own guns. I feel that the time is fast approaching, if not already here, for me to exercise that right as well.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom