All things Racist...USA edition (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    I was looking for a place to put this so we could discuss but didn't really find a place that worked so I created this thread so we can all place articles, experiences, videos and examples of racism in the USA.

This is one that happened this week. The lady even called and filed a complaint on the officer. This officer also chose to wear the body cam (apparently, LA doesn't require this yet). This exchange wasn't necessarily racist IMO until she started with the "mexican racist...you will never be white, like you want" garbage. That is when it turned racist IMO

All the murderer and other insults, I think are just a by product of CRT and ACAB rhetoric that is very common on the radical left and sadly is being brought to mainstream in this country.

Another point that I think is worth mentioning is she is a teacher and the sense of entitlement she feels is mind blowing.

https://news.yahoo.com/black-teacher-berates-latino-la-221235341.html

Can we use this thread for a more nuanced discussion of race in America instead of just the binary racist or not racist?

Anyone can post anything they want, I am not big on 'recommending', coaching or explaining to someone what or how they should post. If it has to do with racism in the US, post away.

Anyone can post anything they want, I am not big on 'recommending', coaching or explaining to someone what or how they should post. If it has to do with racism in the US, post away.
    OK, but we'll be here all day if we just post any examples we see of racism in the US.

What in particular about that incident drew your attention, @Farb ?

OK, but we'll be here all day if we just post any examples we see of racism in the US.

Will we though?

I think I did pretty well explaining why I decided to post that video/article and the creation of this thread. No need to keep digging for a 'gotcha'.

Will we though?

I think I did pretty well explaining why I decided to post that video/article and the creation of this thread. No need to keep digging for a 'gotcha'.

So how do you define racist?

I don’t see the exchange as racist really. What I see is someone trying to hurt a minority by accusing them of wanting to be white. It’s a tried and true tactic that I dealt with a lot as a kid. The black kids calling me a wanna-be weren’t racist, but it was something they thought would hurt me so they leveraged it, and they were right.

A lot of people are insecure about their ethnicity. They want to “fit in” with their cultural group because we are human and that’s how we roll. However, if they are surrounded by people of another ethnicity on a regular basis they also want to fit in with them. When someone accuses them of wanting to be <insert ethnicity here> it plays at that insecurity. It hurts, like picking at insecurities always does.

She didn’t call him any racial epithets or claim he was less than her because he’s Mexican. She didn’t even stereotype him based on his race. She told him he wanted to be something other than Mexican. It’s a repugnant attack, but not racist IMO.

Will we though?

No, you didn't. That's why I asked. What is it you think makes that one example in particular a good example of racism in the USA in general?

And why do you think your answer to that would be a 'gotcha'?

What drew his attention is that it was a black woman who was saying racist shirt to a cop. Nothing else. It was an instance of a black person saying racist shirt.

The cop, to his credit, maintained his professionalism throughout the stop and handled the situation the best way possible making the woman look like a racist idiot.
    I think I did pretty well explaining why I decided to post that video/article and the creation of this thread.
    No you didn't but don't worry; I said what you were too afraid to say. The only reason you started this thread was because you found an instance of a black person saying racist shirt to a hispanic cop. You don't give 1 fark about racism in the US.

So this will be the place for posting incidents that contradict the majority of racist occurrences in the US.
    How dare a minority be racist to another minority. All racism is bad, no one has that right.

Remember these racist cops......

Let's not forget this gem @Farb

Last edited:
    What drew his attention is that it was a black woman who was saying racist shirt to a cop. Nothing else. It was an instance of a black person saying racist shirt.

The cop, to his credit, maintained his professionalism throughout the stop and handled the situation the best way possible making the woman look like a racist idiot.

No you didn't but don't worry; I said what you were too afraid to say. The only reason you started this thread was because you found an instance of a black person saying racist shirt to a hispanic cop. You don't give 1 fark about racism in the US.
    I promise you will be fine. Just take a breath. It is just another person opinion, it will not actually harm you. I promise.

Thanks for speaking up for me, not sure what I would do.

Remember these racist cops......

Let's not forget this gem @Farb

I do remember that. It appears to be the right decision to fire that officer. Good for them for taking the appropriate action.

Individual racism and systemic racism are two entirely different issues that require different solutions.
    I would agree while also saying that systemic racism flows from the racism of individuals. Redlining could not have occurred, for instance, had individual real estate agents and those running said companies not engaged in racist actions and policies. The same would apply to financial institutions. Humans made the policies and humans carried them out.

This all revolves around tribalism and everyone deemed not a part of the tribe is “the other” and thereby sub-human. Dehumanization allows for actions against the other to be acceptable when they would not be acceptable against a member of the tribe. If “tribe” is offensive then “group” will do. Groupism is actually more accurate in various instances. Patriotism, a “groupism”, allows for individuals deemed “the other” to become temporarily acceptable when serving as cannon fodder.

I would agree while also saying that systemic racism flows from the racism of individuals. Redlining could not have occurred, for instance, had individual real estate agents and those running said companies not engaged in racist actions and policies. The same would apply to financial institutions. Humans made the policies and humans carried them out.

This all revolves around tribalism and everyone deemed not a part of the tribe is “the other” and thereby sub-human. Dehumanization allows for actions against the other to be acceptable when they would not be acceptable against a member of the tribe. If “tribe” is offensive then “group” will do. Groupism is actually more accurate in various instances. Patriotism, a “groupism”, allows for individuals deemed “the other” to become temporarily acceptable when serving as cannon fodder.

Yea i agree.

The distinction is that systemic racism is the result of the racism of dead individuals. Even if there was not a single racist in the US today, it would not cure systemic racism.

Denial of systemic racism is what preserves it, and you don't have to be a racist individual to deny systemic racism. It goes way deeper than that for the deniers.

All racists deny systemic racism, but not all systemic racism deniers are racists.

Yea i agree.

The distinction is that systemic racism is the result of the racism of dead individuals. Even if there was not a single racist in the US today, it would not cure systemic racism.

Denial of systemic racism is what preserves it, and you don't have to be a racist individual to deny systemic racism. It goes way deeper than that for the deniers.

All racists deny systemic racism, but not all systemic racism deniers are racists.
    OK, I like the discussion. Please give me an example of something that would reman racist in application if there were not a racist alive today.

As for deniers of systemic racism, they fall, imo, into one of two categories: self-haters or racists. OK, two more categories: willfully blind and blissfully ignorant.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom