All things Racist...USA edition (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    I was looking for a place to put this so we could discuss but didn't really find a place that worked so I created this thread so we can all place articles, experiences, videos and examples of racism in the USA.

This is one that happened this week. The lady even called and filed a complaint on the officer. This officer also chose to wear the body cam (apparently, LA doesn't require this yet). This exchange wasn't necessarily racist IMO until she started with the "mexican racist...you will never be white, like you want" garbage. That is when it turned racist IMO

All the murderer and other insults, I think are just a by product of CRT and ACAB rhetoric that is very common on the radical left and sadly is being brought to mainstream in this country.

Another point that I think is worth mentioning is she is a teacher and the sense of entitlement she feels is mind blowing.

https://news.yahoo.com/black-teacher-berates-latino-la-221235341.html

So then you don’t think the video SFL posted is racist?
    The one above is not racist. Dyson is a racist and McWhorter is not. They both seem to to be explaining the soft bigotry of low expectations that is predominant on the left. McWhorter is actually discussing it and Tyson is doing the demonstration. Granted, Tyson doesn't know it, he actually thinks he is speaking on an intellectual level, much like the Nazi scientists believed they were doing the work of science but were actually just blinded by their ignorance and hate.

They both seem to to be explaining the soft bigotry of low expectations that is predominant on the left.
    There's no soft bigotry of low expectations from the left.

There's the realistic assessment that as long as there are systemic hinderences in place for one race in particular, that race will continue to underperform.

And even if those hinderences are removed, it will take time for them to recover.

And removing the hinderences alone may not be enough to allow them to recover, and additional supports may be required to allow them to achieve equality.

sobering read
    ===================

VIENNA, Ill. (AP) — Ask around this time-battered Midwestern town, with its empty storefronts, dusty antique shops and businesses that have migrated toward the interstate, and nearly everyone will tell you that Black and white residents get along really well.

“Race isn’t a big problem around here,” said Bill Stevens, a white retired prison guard with a gentle smile, drinking beer with friends on a summer afternoon. “Never has been, really.”

“We don’t have any trouble with racism,” said a twice-widowed woman, also white, with a meticulously-kept yard and a white picket fence.

But in Vienna, as in hundreds of mostly white towns with similar histories across America, much is left unspoken. Around here, almost no one talks openly about the violence that drove out Black residents nearly 70 years ago, or even whispers the name these places were given: “sundown towns.”

Unless they’re among the handful of Black residents.

“It’s real strange and weird out here sometimes,” said Nicholas Lewis, a stay-at-home father. “Every time I walk around, eyes are on me.”

The rules of a sundown town were simple: Black people were allowed to pass through during the day or go in to shop or work, but they had to be gone by nightfall. Anyone breaking the rules could risk arrest, a beating or worse.

These towns were an open secret of racial segregation that spilled over much of the nation for at least a century, and still exist in various forms, enforced today more by tradition and fear than by rules.

Across America, some of these towns are now openly wrestling with their histories, publicly acknowledging now-abandoned racist laws or holding racial justice protests. Some old sundown towns are now integrated. But many also still have tiny Black communities living alongside residents who don’t bother hiding their cold stares of disapproval......

They were called “grey towns,” in some parts of America, “sunset towns” in others. The terms were used by both Black and white people.

Very often, especially in well-to-do suburbs that didn’t want to be known as racist, they had no name at all. But they still kept out Black residents. There were hundreds of such towns, scholars say, reaching from New York to Oregon. Perhaps thousands.

James Loewen, a historian who spent years studying sundown towns, found them in the suburbs of Detroit, New York City and Chicago. He found them outside Los Angeles, in midwestern farming villages and in New England summer towns...............

@Farb -

The story is from the AP. They aren’t sensationalist or biased. They report news and are one of the last investigative arms of the Fourth Branch that doesn’t look at party affiliation before running a story.

They are wrong on occasions, to be sure, but they are never intentionally slanted or biased.

If I had a dollar for every time you said "fake hate crime", and had one taken away every time there was an actual fake hate crime, i'd be a rich man.
    Exactly. Far many more fake crimes than real crimes when it comes to race.

@CoolBrees
    I don't think this one is fake, but I am skeptical, especially since the article uses as proof:

"After the statement, an AP reporter in April visited the employee parking lot of one facility in the state’s rural north and photographed cars and trucks adorned with symbols and stickers that are often associated with the white supremacist movement: Confederate flags, Q-Anon and Thin Blue Line images."

Bumper stickers are now a clue? There is a lot of 'reaching' in that article. I would not be surprised if this article was true, but I also would not be surprised if it was a fake racist story.

Also, when did the thin blue line become racial?

Exactly. Far many more fake crimes than real crimes when it comes to race.

@CoolBrees
    I don't think this one is fake, but I am skeptical, especially since the article uses as proof:

"After the statement, an AP reporter in April visited the employee parking lot of one facility in the state’s rural north and photographed cars and trucks adorned with symbols and stickers that are often associated with the white supremacist movement: Confederate flags, Q-Anon and Thin Blue Line images."

Bumper stickers are now a clue? There is a lot of 'reaching' in that article. I would not be surprised if this article was true, but I also would not be surprised if it was a fake racist story.

They use a lot more than that as proof, Farb, and it's all in the article before that particular statement. At this point, you are being wilfully ignorant.

When it became less about cops protecting each other from bad guys and more about cops protecting each other from consequences for killing unarmed black people.

Or you are being willfully naïve. The other proof is witnesses and statements but none have been proven so there really is no proof at this point of the racist boogeyman.

Seriously, when did the the thin blue line become racist?

And Qanon? I get it is whacky and unhinged but racist?

@Farb -

Well honestly, I think your comments about their methods lends to more credibility rather than less. The AP was very clear in their methods and how and where they received information.

After that, critical thinking is required on the reader’s part whether they give credence to a story or not. You brought up a valid point about the article but I don’t think they would tell you exactly how if they were trying to pull a fast one. I think the writer was stating their case with the evidence they had while not presenting the information in a framing manner.

To me that makes for good journalism. They presented a situation that they have been informed of, reported the comments of the witnesses and asked for rebuttal, which they also printed.

Now it is on the reader to digest their article and determine for themselves if they accept it as “truth” or if further research on the subject is needed. But again that is on the reader.

But when it comes to RELIABLE sources, we need to give them the benefit of the doubt. AP, Reuter’s, and the international wire are all news sources that can be trusted that they are actively engaging in real journalism. Sadly, that is about the entire list

Policing in the U.S. has been racial since the Mayflower landed on Plymouth Rock, but if you are talking about the current crop of white nationalists within police forces, I can't tell you exactly when, but RATM was singing about them in early 1990's.

Last edited:
    Policing in the U.S. has been racial since the Mayflower landed on Plymouth Rock, but if you are talking about the current crop of white nationalists, I can't tell you exactly when, but RATM was singing about in early 1990's.
    Some of those that work forces, are the same that burn crosses.

From rappers like 2pac and Biggie, Ice Cube and NWA, Chuck D and Public Enemy to KRS ONE to The Geto Boys and on and on have written songs about the abuse of young Black men at the hands of police.

Those that have vilified this music as nothing but glorified violence and gangs have never actually listened to it or tried to understand the messages behind them.

But if you do listen to it, you would have heard that these abuses and accusations of white supremacists in police, and abuses of power from other government entities have been talked about since the 80’s.

Or you are being willfully naïve. The other proof is witnesses and statements but none have been proven so there really is no proof at this point of the racist boogeyman.

Seriously, when did the the thin blue line become racist?

And Qanon? I get it is whacky and unhinged but racist?
    You have ignored every single time anyone has presented any evidence. Why do you think we will keep jumping to show it to you over and over? You can do a Google search. You could learn about it if you actually wanted to. You don’t want to know and you actively deny it exists, why is that? Do you ever think about why you do that?

Qanon is steeped with anti-Semitism. This isn’t even up for debate. This is also easily verified.

You are not a stupid person. So there is another reason why you deny facts like you do.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom