All things Racist...USA edition (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    I was looking for a place to put this so we could discuss but didn't really find a place that worked so I created this thread so we can all place articles, experiences, videos and examples of racism in the USA.

This is one that happened this week. The lady even called and filed a complaint on the officer. This officer also chose to wear the body cam (apparently, LA doesn't require this yet). This exchange wasn't necessarily racist IMO until she started with the "mexican racist...you will never be white, like you want" garbage. That is when it turned racist IMO

All the murderer and other insults, I think are just a by product of CRT and ACAB rhetoric that is very common on the radical left and sadly is being brought to mainstream in this country.

Another point that I think is worth mentioning is she is a teacher and the sense of entitlement she feels is mind blowing.

https://news.yahoo.com/black-teacher-berates-latino-la-221235341.html

OK, that is a fair assessment. I heard the you look white comment a zillion times when I was much younger. My wife also looks white, she has the Sofía Vergara look, but slightly more fair with blue eyes. My children look white so they married whites.

I know quite well for racist people we will be classified as high yellow just because of the Spanish surname and accent. No big deal to me as I grew up outside the USA. Therefore i do not need external affirmation. The negativity never brought my spirits down. As I said before, despite my looks I still suffered discrimination based on the Spanish surname in application forms. It got to the point that when I took my wife to apply for entry level job we asked to talk to the chief of personnel rather than to leave an application form. She got the job on the spot. I can only imagine how much more racism others endure and I have massive sympathy.

I did not know this at the time. But saying to someone you look white is somewhat racist. I do not agree with the current methods to fight discrimination. The methods rely near 100% on the concept that white people must change. There is no self help in this system.
    If you or your wife would have just ignored or not talked about your hermitage (or last name), then everything should have been fine, that problem would have just gone away and took care of itself.
    But it has gotten better then 30 years ago, so that stuff doesn't go on anymore...
    Imagine if you or her were black and meeting with the chief of personnel wouldn't have mattered because they can't change their skin color to prove (or pretend) to be white.
    You have dug up exactly what white privilege is and how it manifests itself in situations like this.

My children look white so they married whites.
    My children went to Catholic schools for 12 years and most of their friends were white. They grew up into American culture and married people like them.
    These two statements have nothing to do with each other. I know many, many people who fit the latter quote but didn’t “marry whites” but did marry people like them. What the heck does “looking white” have to do with “marrying whites” or “people like them?”

🐶:whistle:

These two statements have nothing to do with each other. I know many, many people who fit the latter quote but didn’t “marry whites” but did marry people like them. What the heck does “looking white” have to do with “marrying whites” or “people like them?”

I doubt having a father so embarrassed by his own heritage that he changed his son's "surname" who constantly beat the drum about assimilating with American (see: white) culture had anything to do with their decision.

The second statement was an explanation requested by another poster.

As for your question. Children of immigrants that fully integrate into American culture may marry white Americans. Some that look white do not necessarily marry whites. Why concentrate the discussion in meaningless peripheral details? It sounds like nitpicking to avoid discussing real important issues.

If you or your wife would have just ignored or not talked about your hermitage (or last name), then everything should have been fine, that problem would have just gone away and took care of itself.
    But it has gotten better then 30 years ago, so that stuff doesn't go on anymore...
    Imagine if you or her were black and meeting with the chief of personnel wouldn't have mattered because they can't change their skin color to prove (or pretend) to be white.
    You have dug up exactly what white privilege is and how it manifests itself in situations like this.
    I have never denied the concept of white privilege. It is quite real! I had hurdles, but I know quite well others have greater hurdles ahead of them. Luckily the new generation is very enlightened and many go out of their way to avoid bigotry. The best scenario would be to treat each person as an individual and not as a member of a group.

The second statement was an explanation requested by another poster.
    An explanation for what *you* meant when you said the former statement.
    As for your question. Children of immigrants that fully integrate into American culture may marry white Americans.
    And? What does that mean? They may marry non-white Americans. They may marry immigrants, or other children of immigrants, or non-Americans.
    Some that look white do not necessarily marry whites. Why concentrate the discussion in meaningless peripheral details? It sounds like nitpicking to avoid discussing real important issues.
    You are the one who provided those details. We didn’t invent them; we’re not bringing their race into the equation — you did that. We’re asking why was that important enough for you to mention multiple times that your children married *white* Americans. For someone who preaches assimilation, why the need to mention their skin color multiple times? 🤔

You are the one who provided those details. We didn’t invent them; we’re not bringing their race into the equation — you did that. We’re asking why was that important enough for you to mention multiple times that your children married *white* Americans. For someone who preaches assimilation, why the need to mention their skin color multiple times? 🤔
    Sometimes context is important, but you make a valid point. Skin color is moot. BTW, I despise identity politics so your point is very well taken.*

*If you make a good point it will be acknowledged.

BTW, I went back to try to figure out why I said my kids are married to whites. This what said in the context of how white people talk among themselves regarding racism. They do not filter in front of their spouses (my children).

BTW, I went back to try to figure out why I said my kids are married to whites. This what said in the context of how white people talk among themselves regarding racism. They do not filter in front of their spouses (my children).
    But you also said your kids look white, so they married whites. In logic that is equivalent to saying if your kids look white then they (should, would, can) marry whites.

“The structure looked unsafe, so the building was evacuated.”

“If the structure looks unsafe, then the building should be evacuated.”

OK, thanks for pointing that out. However, that is your conclusion, not mine.
    Thanks!
    It seems to me that if you stated it, then your statement leads to that conclusion. In other words, you're the one who stated that since (or even because) your kids look white, therefore they married whites. It just sounds like an odd way of stating it.

OK, thanks for pointing that out. However, that is your conclusion, not mine.
    Not my conclusion; it was your statement. If I say “my dogs are neutered, so they can’t reproduce” that doesn’t make me able to say someone else taking my statement as “since my dogs are neutered therefore they can’t reproduce” is their conclusion as if they are wrong.

Not my conclusion; it was your statement. If I say “my dogs are neutered, so they can’t reproduce” that doesn’t make me able to say someone else taking my statement as “since my dogs are neutered therefore they can’t reproduce” is their conclusion as if they are wrong.
    Good luck with your quest Don Quixote V Chip. The person you are going back and forth with will never admit they were wrong about anything. Stubbornness is when stupid overtakes ignorance.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom