All things Racist...USA edition (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    I was looking for a place to put this so we could discuss but didn't really find a place that worked so I created this thread so we can all place articles, experiences, videos and examples of racism in the USA.

This is one that happened this week. The lady even called and filed a complaint on the officer. This officer also chose to wear the body cam (apparently, LA doesn't require this yet). This exchange wasn't necessarily racist IMO until she started with the "mexican racist...you will never be white, like you want" garbage. That is when it turned racist IMO

All the murderer and other insults, I think are just a by product of CRT and ACAB rhetoric that is very common on the radical left and sadly is being brought to mainstream in this country.

Another point that I think is worth mentioning is she is a teacher and the sense of entitlement she feels is mind blowing.

https://news.yahoo.com/black-teacher-berates-latino-la-221235341.html

If it is not a big deal, then why would this 'university' college have to send a letter stating the change?
    Because they want to be recognized from 'doing the work'. The meaning of virtue signaling.

Because I guess black people are the only ones to ever working in a field? We already have to pretend that black slavery out of africa is the only slavery that ever existed, now we have to believe that blacks and brown people are the only ones that have ever farmed?

How much do you want to bet that the person that brought this up for discussion was a highly educated white lady that had several glasses of wine as she celebrated her elevation of wokeness status? 10 out of 10?

Does the change harm you in any way or lessen the quality of the education the students receive?

NPR was doing a story in an elementary school in Ohio when a CRT issue arose, and an administrator stopped a classroom discussion. It’s a fascinating look at the effects of these really stupid policies. This seems to me to be an even-handed account of the incident.

As pointed out in the thread comments racism has a direct economic effect on the targeted population. This was an opportunity for a skilled teacher to have a wonderful discussion with students who were engaged with the subject matter. It’s a damn shame.

Man, that's some communist monitoring and control of educational conversation that China and North Korea would be proud off.

This is what the anti-CRT pushers have accomplished. @Farb must be so proud of what his elk are doing to destroy critical thinking and our public school education. Their war to destroy public education is in full effect. I'm glad my kid is almost done with high school.

Last edited:
    It's not a big deal that the college made the change. There isn't any reason why any of us should care, unless we are a student or faculty at the college.

It's none of our business why they made the change, and none of us would have even heard about this 20 years ago, when then news could only afford to cover stories that mattered enough to take up space.
    What about state governments? Should be we care that the state is trying to compel speech for the sake of protecting an emotionally weak people and their feelings?

Does the change harm you in any way or lessen the quality of the education the students receive?
    What if my point is that the 'education' received was unsatisfactory and the 'professionals' in charge are failing our children horribly? Would that then make it ok for citizens to worry about?

Do you think the public education system is doing a better job educating children currently, or 10 years ago? How are the SAT scores or any other scores for children homeschooled vs those that are still in the public school system?

Does that university receive tax money? Then it would be my business. What about a states public health department? Can we care then or do we have to wait until the media tells us what to believe?

It will fail just like everything hollywood tries to inject their virtue signaling into. I only hope it is more of a rip roaring good time than that awful all female girl power Ghostbusters.

It will fail just like everything hollywood tries to inject their virtue signaling into. I only hope it is more of a rip roaring good time than that awful all female girl power Ghostbusters.

If this is virtue signaling what would you call movies and TV shows set in New York or Los Angeles with zero minorities?

not in the main cast, not the guest stars, not even background people sitting or walking around?

and I didn't have a problem with the ghostbusters reboot, the original holds a special place in my heart and it wasn't close to that but it was nowhere near as bad as it was portrayed

If this is virtue signaling what would you call movies and TV shows set in New York or Los Angeles with zero minorities?

not in the main cast, not the guest stars, not even background people sitting or walking around?

and I didn't have a problem with the ghostbusters reboot, the original holds a special place in my heart and it wasn't close to that but it was nowhere near as bad as it was portrayed

I'll go ahead and say it here, but every time someone says the Paul Feig-directed Ghostbuster reboot is virtue signaling must be operating under the assumption that he doesn't know how to direct comedies and that Kristen Wiig, Leslie Jones, Kate McKinnon, and Melissa McCarthy are all, collectively, untalented and unfunny. That speaks volumes to a person's grasp of reality.

What if my point is that the 'education' received was unsatisfactory and the 'professionals' in charge are failing our children horribly? Would that then make it ok for citizens to worry about?

Do you think the public education system is doing a better job educating children currently, or 10 years ago? How are the SAT scores or any other scores for children homeschooled vs those that are still in the public school system?

Does that university receive tax money? Then it would be my business. What about a states public health department? Can we care then or do we have to wait until the media tells us what to believe?
    Did you know that only about 10-20% of children who are home schooled take a placement test like the SAT or ACT compared to almost 60% of traditionally schooled children? That’s an important statistic if you are going to compare average test scores among groups. So maybe that’s not something you should be using to jump to some sort of conclusion.

I'll go ahead and say it here, but every time someone says the Paul Feig-directed Ghostbuster reboot is virtue signaling must be operating under the assumption that he doesn't know how to direct comedies and that Kristen Wiig, Leslie Jones, Kate McKinnon, and Melissa McCarthy are all, collectively, untalented and unfunny. That speaks volumes to a person's grasp of reality.
    What it says is that the person thinks they don’t know their place.

If you want to use the SATs as a measuring stick, the average SAT taker in 2010-2011 earned 62.5% of the maximum possible score. In 2021, it was 66.25%

I know virtue signaling, a non-entity, is upsetting to someone who has no virtue.

Nah. You just wait with bated breath for Republican talking points.

What about state governments? Should be we care that the state is trying to compel speech for the sake of protecting an emotionally weak people and their feelings?
    See Sarah Huckabee Sanders eliminating “Latinx” via executive order. Heckiva free speech, no government interference party you got going.

JEFFERSON COUNTY, Ala. —

Mary Beth Ford, a mother of two, is upset after learning last school year her son was being called a racial slur and "a monkey" by two classmates at Louis Pizitz Middle School.

"And that's been going on for 16 weeks every single day,” Ford said, "I couldn't believe it."

She says she pulled him out of the school last Friday after speaking with school administration.

“My son finally broke and collapsed. He said, 'I thought I could handle it. I thought it would stop if I stayed quiet. I cannot take it anymore,'” Ford said.

She noticed a change in his behavior when she'd drop him off at school.

"He would be in his room with the room blacked out. He didn't want to interact with his younger brother much. I could not figure out what it was,” Ford said.

A viral video of his aunt describing what the eighth grader was going through has captured the attention of thousands.

“We see so many students that either consider suicide or some other method to relieve themselves of this. And I'm so thankful that my son spoke up," Ford said...........

Why should she have to pull her son from that school, but the bullies get to stay? I will admit I would have done the same thing, though. 16 weeks is plenty of time for someone to have noticed and taken action. The school failed that child.

Do you live in the state?

If a state reinstituted slavery, i would care even if I didn't live there.

If a state wants to change policeman to policeperson, we really shouldn't be a snowflake about it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom