All things Racist...USA edition (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    I was looking for a place to put this so we could discuss but didn't really find a place that worked so I created this thread so we can all place articles, experiences, videos and examples of racism in the USA.

This is one that happened this week. The lady even called and filed a complaint on the officer. This officer also chose to wear the body cam (apparently, LA doesn't require this yet). This exchange wasn't necessarily racist IMO until she started with the "mexican racist...you will never be white, like you want" garbage. That is when it turned racist IMO

All the murderer and other insults, I think are just a by product of CRT and ACAB rhetoric that is very common on the radical left and sadly is being brought to mainstream in this country.

Another point that I think is worth mentioning is she is a teacher and the sense of entitlement she feels is mind blowing.

https://news.yahoo.com/black-teacher-berates-latino-la-221235341.html

What about a play or film, can someone receive permission to dress up as those things then? Where and who would one contact in order to do this?

Is everyone really so soft that they can't handle seeing a person in a costume on Halloween?
    While I will agree it may be inappropriate in some instances, on Halloween, come on. Now one will dress up as Hitler on Halloween and invade Poland the next day. That is just silly emotionally weak people that have to feel virtuous because they managed to get upset over something.

Says the guy clutching his pearls over drag queens.

What about a play or film, can someone receive permission to dress up as those things then? Where and who would one contact in order to do this?

Is everyone really so soft that they can't handle seeing a person in a costume on Halloween?
    While I will agree it may be inappropriate in some instances, on Halloween, come on. Now one will dress up as Hitler on Halloween and invade Poland the next day. That is just silly emotionally weak people that have to feel virtuous because they managed to get upset over something.

If you honestly don't see or understand the difference between an actor in a movie playing a Nazi and someone deciding to dress up as a Nazi in real life (even on Halloween) I don't know what to tell you

If you honestly don't see or understand the difference between an actor in a movie playing a Nazi and someone deciding to dress up as a Nazi in real life (even on Halloween) I don't know what to tell you
    You did say 'never ok'. Never is a real word with a real definition.

In schools and to normalize woman-face for children? Yep, I am clutching my pearls, as most normal adults would do.

Ah, yes. The man dressed as a nazi on Halloween, a day famous for no children coming into contact with a large number of adults.

I am blushing by the puppy love, thanks. I needed a pick me up this morning. I am about to head over to the thread about Underwear fight club, see you there but to be upfront, you are not my type at all, but I do love the puppy love attention.

You did.

If you are so adamant that he said this, why not prove it and shut him up?

A group launched by longtime Donald Trump aide Stephen Miller has been quietly running radio ads warning white voters that the Biden administration is pursuing a host of policies designed to hurt them because of their race.

A recording of the ad, obtained by POLITICO, represents one of the most openly race-based spots of the cycle, amplifying tropes that have historically been used to generate backlash to minority groups.

“When did racism against white people become OK?” the ad begins. “Joe Biden put white people last in line for Covid relief funds. Kamala Harris said disaster aid should go to non-white citizens first. Liberal politicians block access to medicine based on skin color. Progressive corporations, airlines, universities all openly discriminate against white Americans. Racism is always wrong. The left’s anti-white bigotry must stop. We are all entitled to equal treatment under the law.”

The spot ends with the disclosure that it is paid for by America First Legal, the organization that was founded by Miller after the Trump administration ended, along with former Trump administration officials like Mark Meadows, Matt Whitaker, and Russ Vought...........

Leonard Pitts Jr.: The infuriating charge of 'racism against white people'​

Sometimes I wish white people could be Black.

Not forever, mind you. Maybe for just a few weeks like John Howard Griffin, the author of “Black Like Me,” who darkened his skin and traveled the South in 1959. Sometimes, I wish white people could have that experience.

Not so they could feel the sickly apprehension that can accompany a simple traffic stop.

Not so they could feel the indignation of being asked to account for yourself just walking down the street.

Not so they could feel what it’s like when your bank loan is denied, your home appraises for less, your doctor doesn’t take your pain seriously, you don’t get the job, your preschooler gets suspended, the shopkeeper follows you around, you can’t hail a taxi or you wind up in handcuffs, because of the melanin in your skin.

No, I wish white people could be Black so they could know how it feels to deal with all of that — and then hear white people complain how hard they have it.

The reference is to a recent political ad. You likely haven’t seen it if you’re not in Georgia, but it surfaced on Twitter the other day courtesy of Isaac Hayes III (yes, the son of that Isaac Hayes), where it reminded us that, in matters of race, some of our white brethren and sistren — repeating for emphasis: some — are shameless beyond words and clueless beyond parody.

“When did racism against white people become OK?” asks the announcer. The piano frets worriedly behind him, and white people gaze soulfully into the camera as he lists supposed acts of “left-wing racism” and “anti-white bigotry” they face from President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris.

We lack space to detail those claims, but it won’t surprise you that they’ve been debunked by Factcheck.org, Politifact and The Washington Post. Nor will you be stunned to learn the ads are funded by something called America First Legal, led by Stephen Miller, a veteran of the Trump Reich who championed its obscene policy of stealing children from immigrants.

Yes, the spot is obviously a direct descendant of the notoriously racist Willie Horton ad of 1988. But our attention today is on how it tries to neutralize the language of liberal protest by co-opting it, i.e., re-framing “racism” as something suffered by white folks.

It’s a rhetorical trick the white right has used for years. Which is not to say it has lost its power to infuriate. This narrative that racism is a “both sides” phenomenon may be comfort food for them, but it is a libel upon my ancestors..............

The firm building former US president Barack Obama’s presidential library suspended operations after a noose was found at the construction site in Chicago and the police were called.

A $100,000 reward was offered by the construction company to help find who was responsible.

Lakeside Alliance, a partnership of Black-owned construction firms, said it reported the incident to police and “will provide any assistance required to identify those responsible”……..

In New Jersey, a 9-year-old Black girl wound up having the police called on her. Much of this happened, simply because she was just a child. What makes this situation even worse is that the person who called the authorities on the girl is a politician. As a result, this little girl’s mother went into the town board meeting with a lot to say.

All of this took place in the town of Caldwell, New Jersey. How all of this began was Caldwell’s local politician, Gordon Lawshe, spotting the 9-year-old girl, Bobbi Wilson, killing lanternflies. According to scientists, the lanternflies are a danger to trees and many other plants. As a result, scientists have recommended several ways for people to actually kill these insects.

Gordon Lawshe is neighbors to Bobbi Wilson and her mother, Monique Joseph. Instead of checking to see what Wilson was doing, Lawshe instead chose to call law enforcement on her. When he got on the phone with the police, he said he saw a little Black woman spraying stuff on the sidewalk, and said it scared him. Monique Joseph, the mother of Wilson, said she was speaking on the injustices on her very street, as her daughter was racially profiled right outside of her own home..........

When two men decided to go to a football game, surely neither of them imagined what would happen once they got there. These days, it seems like conflict happens everywhere people wind up being. So many conflicts are taking place. As a result, there are countless videos being shared on social media that are filled with grown people acting up. That said, these types of videos seem to always spark all kinds of debates.

Lately, there are an increased number of videos of people mistreating other people. In the end, it seems like people just need to treat each other better. However, the opposite seems to be happening. People don’t even extend a common courtesy to each other. Even worse, when people are called out over their actions, they get upset. So, this latest video is one that has spurred all kinds of reactions from people on Twitter, and the other platforms.

A couple of days ago, a video shared to Twitter ended up going viral. There was a Black man who was trying to walk past a group of people to get back to his seat. As the man was trying to return to his seat, a White man was acting as a physical barrier. The White man told him that he was not going to allow him to walk past him. As a result, the Black man wound up walking on the White man’s body over the row people sitting down. While he walked past, the White man’s friends tried to push him down.

Black man ends up walking on White man who refused to move.............

Ah, yes. The man dressed as a nazi on Halloween, a day famous for no children coming into contact with a large number of adults.
    It looked like he was in a bar...with adults.

So you're saying it was impossible for a child to see him on the night when children are out en masse at night?
    What would happen if a child saw him? Children can see grown men dressed as women gyrate on the floor for $1 bills and that backed by our public education system. Do you think them seeing someone wearing a nazi costume will cripple them?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom