All things Racist...USA edition (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    I was looking for a place to put this so we could discuss but didn't really find a place that worked so I created this thread so we can all place articles, experiences, videos and examples of racism in the USA.

This is one that happened this week. The lady even called and filed a complaint on the officer. This officer also chose to wear the body cam (apparently, LA doesn't require this yet). This exchange wasn't necessarily racist IMO until she started with the "mexican racist...you will never be white, like you want" garbage. That is when it turned racist IMO

All the murderer and other insults, I think are just a by product of CRT and ACAB rhetoric that is very common on the radical left and sadly is being brought to mainstream in this country.

Another point that I think is worth mentioning is she is a teacher and the sense of entitlement she feels is mind blowing.

https://news.yahoo.com/black-teacher-berates-latino-la-221235341.html

If I thought saw a UFO, and told you I saw a UFO, but had nothing to back it up.

Am I lying?
    Was anyone else effected by your 'mistake' or did you single out a neighbor and told everyone he was summoning them? Once it was proven what you saw a wish lantern, would it not b your moral obligation to come out and apologize to the neighbor for throwing him under the bus or do you keep quite and let everyone think that maybe the neighbor did in fact due something.

How they acted both before, during and espeically after tells me everything I need to know about the 2 females involved and Duke athletics (and surprisingly, USC athletics program too).

You go to some pretty absurd lengths to avoid engaging honestly. I can't imagine how exhausting it is.
    LOL. Yeah, you really really can imagine it. Can you define a woman yet? See.

Evidence of systemic and structural racism that Republicans claim doesn't exist.

===========

Jackson’s water crisis has been rightly described as a “climate justice wake-up call.” Decades of neglect led to a deteriorating water system that reached a breaking point this summer. When torrential rains caused a flood near Jackson’s largest water treatment plant in August — coming on top of staffing shortages and equipment failures — a major pump was damaged, a chemical imbalance was created, and the plant shut down. With that, the city of more than 160,000 residents lost access to safe drinking water. Though a boil-water advisory was recently lifted after six weeks, the crisis is far from over. Jackson has faced recurring disruptions, and the underlying causes have not been addressed.

Racism is one of those causes. Jackson’s population is 83 percent Black, and communities of color have long been likelier victims of drinking water violations in the United States. When Jackson’s water shut off, the water in nearby majority-White suburbs stayed on and stayed clean, because those suburbs — whose populations and coffers have swelled because of white flight from the city — are served by newer, better water treatment plants. “You cannot define structural racism any more clearly than the infrastructure management in this country,” says Brookings Institution fellow Andre Perry. Differing investments in local water systems “literally lay the groundwork for racial disparities.”

What’s happening in Jackson echoes previous disasters in Flint, Mich., and Newark and is accompanied by other ongoing crises that disproportionately affect people of color. A recent investigation of Chicago’s tap water found that 1 in 20 homes tested had lead levels above the federal limit — with the highest found in majority-Black and -Hispanic neighborhoods. And in Nevada, an increasing number of Native American households lack any indoor plumbing.

Americans are living on the carcass of an infrastructure — built during the New Deal by the Works Progress Administration — that has never gotten the reinvestment it needs. The American Society of Civil Engineers gives America’s drinking water infrastructure a C-minus. And climate-driven extreme weather will put it through its toughest test.

Yet our leaders consistently fail to properly acknowledge this emergency. Instead, we’ve seen craven politicians duck responsibility and attempt to score political points at the expense of constituents and mayors desperate for resources. Former Michigan governor Rick Snyder has been charged with willful neglect of duty for redirecting Flint’s water supply to the Flint River without proper treatment — the catalyst for that city’s crisis. And while residents of Jackson used bottled water to bathe their children, Gov. Tate Reeves (R) joked to a crowd elsewhere in Mississippi that it was, “as always, a great day to not be in Jackson.”

===============

Evidence of systemic and structural racism that Republicans claim doesn't exist.

===========

Jackson’s water crisis has been rightly described as a “climate justice wake-up call.” Decades of neglect led to a deteriorating water system that reached a breaking point this summer. When torrential rains caused a flood near Jackson’s largest water treatment plant in August — coming on top of staffing shortages and equipment failures — a major pump was damaged, a chemical imbalance was created, and the plant shut down. With that, the city of more than 160,000 residents lost access to safe drinking water. Though a boil-water advisory was recently lifted after six weeks, the crisis is far from over. Jackson has faced recurring disruptions, and the underlying causes have not been addressed.

Racism is one of those causes. Jackson’s population is 83 percent Black, and communities of color have long been likelier victims of drinking water violations in the United States. When Jackson’s water shut off, the water in nearby majority-White suburbs stayed on and stayed clean, because those suburbs — whose populations and coffers have swelled because of white flight from the city — are served by newer, better water treatment plants. “You cannot define structural racism any more clearly than the infrastructure management in this country,” says Brookings Institution fellow Andre Perry. Differing investments in local water systems “literally lay the groundwork for racial disparities.”

What’s happening in Jackson echoes previous disasters in Flint, Mich., and Newark and is accompanied by other ongoing crises that disproportionately affect people of color. A recent investigation of Chicago’s tap water found that 1 in 20 homes tested had lead levels above the federal limit — with the highest found in majority-Black and -Hispanic neighborhoods. And in Nevada, an increasing number of Native American households lack any indoor plumbing.

Americans are living on the carcass of an infrastructure — built during the New Deal by the Works Progress Administration — that has never gotten the reinvestment it needs. The American Society of Civil Engineers gives America’s drinking water infrastructure a C-minus. And climate-driven extreme weather will put it through its toughest test.

Yet our leaders consistently fail to properly acknowledge this emergency. Instead, we’ve seen craven politicians duck responsibility and attempt to score political points at the expense of constituents and mayors desperate for resources. Former Michigan governor Rick Snyder has been charged with willful neglect of duty for redirecting Flint’s water supply to the Flint River without proper treatment — the catalyst for that city’s crisis. And while residents of Jackson used bottled water to bathe their children, Gov. Tate Reeves (R) joked to a crowd elsewhere in Mississippi that it was, “as always, a great day to not be in Jackson.”

===============

When was the last Republican/Racist mayor of Jackson?

This is an example of inventing racism. Is it because it is in Mississippi and most people will just 'yeah, that makes sense, Mississippi is racist so this must be true"

The Dems have run that city since WW2, why would they not update the water system and how is is the problem of those that don't live in the city?

When was the last Republican/Racist mayor of Jackson?

This is an example of inventing racism. Is it because it is in Mississippi and most people will just 'yeah, that makes sense, Mississippi is racist so this must be true"

The Dems have run that city since WW2, why would they not update the water system and how is is the problem of those that don't live in the city?

Just say you didn't read the article at all. The last Republican mayor of Jackson is irrelevant and a red herring.

Was anyone else effected by your 'mistake' or did you single out a neighbor and told everyone he was summoning them? Once it was proven what you saw a wish lantern, would it not b your moral obligation to come out and apologize to the neighbor for throwing him under the bus or do you keep quite and let everyone think that maybe the neighbor did in fact due something.

How they acted both before, during and espeically after tells me everything I need to know about the 2 females involved and Duke athletics (and surprisingly, USC athletics program too).

A lie is a lie whether it effects someone or not.

A mistake is a mistake whether it effects someone or not.

It effecting someone has no impact on whether or not it is a lie.

Just say you didn't read the article at all. The last Republican mayor of Jackson is irrelevant and a red herring.
    I did read the article. I was actually just in Jackson this weekend and talked to several folks there.

Just so we are clear, the party that has run the city for over century has no impact on the utilities and public works of that city? It is just racism that controls the city's public works? Is the KKK responsible for the potholes took, or was that Hitler.

If you guys want to convince anyone that actually thinks, you all have to do better.

A lie is a lie whether it effects someone or not.

A mistake is a mistake whether it effects someone or not.

It effecting someone has no impact on whether or not it is a lie.
    The lie did effect someone.

I did read the article. I was actually just in Jackson this weekend and talked to several folks there.

Just so we are clear, the party that has run the city for over century has no impact on the utilities and public works of that city? It is just racism that controls the city's public works? Is the KKK responsible for the potholes took, or was that Hitler.

If you guys want to convince anyone that actually thinks, you all have to do better.

It's the white flight, divestment and lack of attention of care by state officials to pleas of the local government that is the structurally racist part. As Tate Reeves says, "Any day is a good day to not be in Jackson." I can imagine a lot of white people in that state would say the same, which is where the total indifference comes from. But you want to convince me it has nothing to do with race. 🙄

Last edited:
    @Farb Nothing to see here, right?
    though he admits to using offensive language, he denies saying anything with racial or malintent.
    Tomorrow’s gonna be a new f**king day. I’m still the motherf**king sheriff, and I’ll go up and fire every godd**n [inaudible]. F**k them black bastages. They think I’m scared? They’re stupid,” Greene said. “I don’t know what else to do it. So it’s just time to clean them out. There’s a snitch in there somewhere tellin’ what we are doing. And I’m not gonna have it. I’m not going to have it.”

In the recording, Greene can be heard saying he’s going to start firing people who are “guilty by f**king association” with Campbell and Hatcher.

“We’ll cut the snake’s head f**king off. Period. And Melvin Campbell is as big a snake as Lewis Hatcher ever dared to be. Every black that I know, you need to fire him to start with, he’s a snake,” Greene says before ending the phone call.

https://www.wect.com/2022/09/28/she...es-every-black-that-i-know-you-need-fire-him/

Last edited:
    It's the white flight, divestment and lack of attention of care by state officials to pleas of the local government that is the structurally racist part. As Tate Reeves says, "Any day is a good day to not be in Jackson." I can imagine a lot of white people in that state would say the same, which is where the total indifference comes from. But you want to convince me it has nothing to do with race. 🙄
    Is the flight out of democratic run cities and states that are happening right now considered 'white flight'?
    What about migration from latin america? Do we call that 'brown flight' or as people fleeing failed and unsafe governments?

Just so we are clear on the mental ideological gymnastics, you believe racism caused Jackson Ms. to have bad public utilities but if anyone brings up that the Dems controlled the city for a century and chose not to fix the problem and that caused people to leave for a safer area/state/city, that is a unimportant and red herring?

Do you see how silly and biased that is? You do, but the new religion won't allow to you say it. Faith and all that.

You have not shown that it was a lie.
    I didn't, the investigation did.

https://news.yahoo.com/south-carolina-coach-stands-decision-001655985.html

University of South Carolina women’s basketball coach Dawn Staley said she did not regret canceling games with Brigham Young University after a black player on Duke University’s women’s volleyball team accused BYU fans of hurling racial epithets at her in August, even after a BYU investigation found no evidence of any such behavior.

Staley canceled a scheduled home-and-home series against BYU after the initial allegations were levied by Rachel Richardson, a sophomore on Duke’s volleyball team, saying that “as a head coach, my job is to do what’s best for my players and staff.”

Is the flight out of democratic run cities and states that are happening right now considered 'white flight'?
    What about migration from latin america? Do we call that 'brown flight' or as people fleeing failed and unsafe governments?

Just so we are clear on the mental ideological gymnastics, you believe racism caused Jackson Ms. to have bad public utilities but if anyone brings up that the Dems controlled the city for a century and chose not to fix the problem and that caused people to leave for a safer area/state/city, that is a unimportant and red herring?

Do you see how silly and biased that is? You do, but the new religion won't allow to you say it. Faith and all that.

You can choose to ignore it as much as you want, but it won't change the truth. The white flight didn't happen because of poorly run or unsafe cities. it happened because of racism and not wanting to live in mixed societies. The poorly run and crime infested city part happened over the long term because of divestment and lack of care or attention from state leaders.

Do you see how silly and biased you sound when you can't recognize or admit those simple truths? You do, but your old religion won't allow you to say it. Faith and all that.

I didn't, the investigation did.

https://news.yahoo.com/south-carolina-coach-stands-decision-001655985.html

University of South Carolina women’s basketball coach Dawn Staley said she did not regret canceling games with Brigham Young University after a black player on Duke University’s women’s volleyball team accused BYU fans of hurling racial epithets at her in August, even after a BYU investigation found no evidence of any such behavior.

Staley canceled a scheduled home-and-home series against BYU after the initial allegations were levied by Rachel Richardson, a sophomore on Duke’s volleyball team, saying that “as a head coach, my job is to do what’s best for my players and staff.”

You've already been shown that a lack of evidence does not mean evidence against. If I cheer for the Saints in my own home and nobody sees it, is the lack of evidence regarding my actions the same thing as evidence that I did not cheer for the Saints?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom