All things Racist...USA edition (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    I was looking for a place to put this so we could discuss but didn't really find a place that worked so I created this thread so we can all place articles, experiences, videos and examples of racism in the USA.

This is one that happened this week. The lady even called and filed a complaint on the officer. This officer also chose to wear the body cam (apparently, LA doesn't require this yet). This exchange wasn't necessarily racist IMO until she started with the "mexican racist...you will never be white, like you want" garbage. That is when it turned racist IMO

All the murderer and other insults, I think are just a by product of CRT and ACAB rhetoric that is very common on the radical left and sadly is being brought to mainstream in this country.

Another point that I think is worth mentioning is she is a teacher and the sense of entitlement she feels is mind blowing.

https://news.yahoo.com/black-teacher-berates-latino-la-221235341.html

No. The answer is not all. Using 2018 figures from the CDC and ONS respectively, the infant mortality rate for the asian ethnic group was actually a bit higher in the UK than it was in the US. But as for the white and black ethnic groups, for white it was 3.2 in the UK, 4.6 in the USA - that's a difference of 1.4, or 44% higher. For black, though, it was 6.6 in the UK, and 10.8 in the USA - that's a difference of 4.2, or 64% higher. Relative to each other, the infant mortality rate for the black ethnic group was 2.06 times higher than that for the white ethnic group in the UK, but 2.35 times higher in the USA.

So in every way you can look at it, the answer is that the difference in the infant mortality rate between the UK and the USA is significantly higher for the black ethnic group in both absolute and relative terms.

Like I already said.

How the flip would you get the impression the UK wasn't racist. Even if you hadn't heard of the Windrush scandal, why would anyone think the UK has magically transformed into a fairyland of racial harmony over the last few decades?

If someone read that and believed it, it wouldn't be so much a case of questioning sources, as it would be a case of slapping their self in the head while asking why they'd ever fall for something so obviously wrong in the first place.
    UK has a lot of midwives, correct? The US does not. Is that racist too?

UK has a lot of midwives, correct? The US does not. Is that racist too?
    Oh look, you're doing the "completely ignore the content of a post that shows you to be wrong and instead post a question that only further underlines the lack of comprehension" thing again.

Maybe try asking a question that shows you understand the US has a higher rate of infant mortality in the black ethnic group than the UK does, in both absolute terms and relative to the differences in infant mortality rates in the white ethnic group, which could not be explained simply by general differences in care such as the overall presence of midwives.

Or maybe scrape together the barest scrap of integrity and just, simply, acknowledge you got it wrong, for once.

If the rioters were not here to begin with, would there have been a counter? Nope. What were they protesting again?

What was the damage total?

protestors run over and killed? I thought that was counted as a vehicle killing people, like in Waukesha? Seems to be a lot mixed messages.
    You asked a question, and I answered it. And you speak of "adults talking"...

Only black women or does that apply to all maternal deaths? The answer is 'all'.

If the UK is not racist and the US is racist, then why this:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/nov/11/black-women-uk-maternal-mortality-rates

"Black women are still four times more likely to die in pregnancy and childbirth than white women, according to new data that has reignited calls to tackle racial inequality in maternal healthcare.

The findings show a slight drop in the maternal mortality rate for black women, but remained the same for mixed ethnicity women and Asian women, which was two times higher and almost twice as high, respectively.

The report published by MBRRACE-UK (Mothers and Babies: Reducing Risk through Audits and Confidential Enquiries across the UK) has deepened calls for action to tackle longstanding inequalities."

So this could lead one to believe that the cry of racism and the evidence is maternal death is used as a political tool to prove something that doesn't exist. Could it be that more black women die in, during or after abortions because of genetics/nature?
    Why jump to Genetics?

Even that article stated that usually black women's pain, symptoms are more likely ignored or dismissed. That's a key point.

Also, there is a increase in the % in poverty, just not as high in the UK as it is here. But, that's going to likely add into it.

And that's not even getting into their immigration numbers. There may be some meaningful statistics between blacks born in the UK, immigrated from the US, vs immigrated from somewhere in Africa.

Anyway, the lay version of the report.

I don't know if this is racism related or not, since I haven't listened to it yet. But, this seems interesting to me.

https://www.wlrn.org/2022-05-12/the-mental-health-crisis-among-american-children-of-color

My guess is that it has more to do with the stigma of mental health services, knowing about where to go, and cost.
    I didn't listen yet either however my niece has a masters in social work and helps young children in particular. She works for the local school system and has a private practice. Her private practice is so full she is constantly turning people away. So, I would say there may be a mental health crisis among American children in general, and when the general public has a problem minority communities often have that problem to a greater degree.

Just my speculation.

I didn't listen yet either however my niece has a masters in social work and helps young children in particular. She works for the local school system and has a private practice. Her private practice is so full she is constantly turning people away. So, I would say there may be a mental health crisis among American children in general, and when the general public has a problem minority communities often have that problem to a greater degree.

Just my speculation.
    Now I have listened to it and it is about children of color and their specific problems due to society's perception of them.

so refreshing to have a white guy speak with authority on what a black woman is doing

I wish just once, a black person would say that a white person is bringing shame on the white community.

Oh look, you're doing the "completely ignore the content of a post that shows you to be wrong and instead post a question that only further underlines the lack of comprehension" thing again.

Maybe try asking a question that shows you understand the US has a higher rate of infant mortality in the black ethnic group than the UK does, in both absolute terms and relative to the differences in infant mortality rates in the white ethnic group, which could not be explained simply by general differences in care such as the overall presence of midwives.

Or maybe scrape together the barest scrap of integrity and just, simply, acknowledge you got it wrong, for once.
    What am I wrong about? That the medical system is more racist than the US? Were we not discussing why there is a difference between maternal mortality rates?
    In you mind, the only reason is racism and of course sexism I am sure. You just have not had to play that card yet.

You asked a question, and I answered it. And you speak of "adults talking"...
    And I asked another question. Is that not how a conversation works? I know not to the left, because they want absolute agreement or you are a naughty word.

Why jump to Genetics?

Even that article stated that usually black women's pain, symptoms are more likely ignored or dismissed. That's a key point.

Also, there is a increase in the % in poverty, just not as high in the UK as it is here. But, that's going to likely add into it.

And that's not even getting into their immigration numbers. There may be some meaningful statistics between blacks born in the UK, immigrated from the US, vs immigrated from somewhere in Africa.

Anyway, the lay version of the report.

Why 'jump' to genetics?
    Because I was how would it be possible to have different outcomes in healthcare that can't be related to racism. My answer was possible genetics and a more robust pre and postnatal care/system (midwives). I know the convenient answer to the alt-left is always and forever racism but in the real world there are those that actually want to find to answer. Even if it hurts people feelings of self.

I wish there was a video of that. The more videos there are of police acting inappropriately the more pressure it puts on them.
    What about videos of the public acting inappropriately, do we get to put pressure on them too? I would bet not.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom