All things Racist...USA edition (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    I was looking for a place to put this so we could discuss but didn't really find a place that worked so I created this thread so we can all place articles, experiences, videos and examples of racism in the USA.

This is one that happened this week. The lady even called and filed a complaint on the officer. This officer also chose to wear the body cam (apparently, LA doesn't require this yet). This exchange wasn't necessarily racist IMO until she started with the "mexican racist...you will never be white, like you want" garbage. That is when it turned racist IMO

All the murderer and other insults, I think are just a by product of CRT and ACAB rhetoric that is very common on the radical left and sadly is being brought to mainstream in this country.

Another point that I think is worth mentioning is she is a teacher and the sense of entitlement she feels is mind blowing.

https://news.yahoo.com/black-teacher-berates-latino-la-221235341.html

Nope, life is too short. You can look it up any time you want, you just don’t want to know about it because you have been fooled into believing it doesn’t exist and it’s easier to fool someone than convince them they have been fooled.

Look up redlining, look up recent stories about house appraisals varying by race of owner, look up how interstates were used to destroy black neighborhoods, look up food deserts, look up varying discipline in elementary school by race, look up number of traffics stops by race (driving while black). Look up the differences in maternal and infant mortality in the US today, there’s too much to cover. You won’t look it up though.
    What is the infant and maternal mortality in the UK? The same.
    Again, you are giving me example of racist people. Show me proof, remember how much proof and evidence there it, that black are killed more by police than any other race? I have yet to see a law or policy that are racist to minorities. If I am wrong, please show me.
    I can show you racist policies and laws but they are anti-white so they don't count.

Do you think more unarmed black men are killed by cops than other races? The answer has to be 'yes' right, otherwise BLM was lie.

What is the infant and maternal mortality in the UK? The same.
    Again, you are giving me example of racist people. Show me proof, remember how much proof and evidence there it, that black are killed more by police than any other race? I have yet to see a law or policy that are racist to minorities. If I am wrong, please show me.
    I can show you racist policies and laws but they are anti-white so they don't count.

Do you think more unarmed black men are killed by cops than other races? The answer has to be 'yes' right, otherwise BLM was lie.

we have already established that black people are killed by police at rates much higher than white people.

You are the obtuse master!

Gaslighting GOAT!
    FARB IS CHAMP!

No. It's substantially higher in the USA.
    It's like everything he believes is WRONG.
    And it's all easy to look up information.

rates.png

Attachments

• 1653082256692.png
      1653082256692.png
      76.3 KB · Views: 81
    This is appalling. What would be the reason for the difference? What would be the reason for pointing out the difference as a way to excuse the poor showing in LA? Reading more, he tried to clean it up, but still, you cannot say this for the reason of excusing your states’ poor showing with maternal and infant outcomes. Outlawing abortion will make this worse BTW.

Also, his clean up included the phrase “for whatever reason” black women have worse health outcomes, so still a general lack of awareness. Also just a lack of caring, really, about women’s and infant health.

Last edited:
    Can you present actual evidence of systemic racism in this country? I keep asking but I get no actual hard proof.

Can you show me the data that blacks are killed by cops more than any other race?

What a forking joke. This has been given to you multiple times. It's not our fault you can't comprehend what you read.

This is appalling. What would be the reason for the difference? What would be the reason for pointing out the difference as a way to excuse the poor showing in LA? Reading more, he tried to clean it up, but still, you cannot say this for the reason of excusing your states’ poor showing with maternal and infant outcomes. Outlawing abortion will make this worse BTW.

Also, his clean up included the phrase “for whatever reason” black women have worse health outcomes, so still a general lack of awareness. Also just a lack of caring, really, about women’s and infant health.

"We wouldn't be much of an outlier if you subtract the African American population from our numbers."

Ha ha, we know you feel that way but as a Senator you're not supposed to say it. Let the deplorables say it for you.

No. It's substantially higher in the USA.
    Only black women or does that apply to all maternal deaths? The answer is 'all'.

If the UK is not racist and the US is racist, then why this:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/nov/11/black-women-uk-maternal-mortality-rates

"Black women are still four times more likely to die in pregnancy and childbirth than white women, according to new data that has reignited calls to tackle racial inequality in maternal healthcare.

The findings show a slight drop in the maternal mortality rate for black women, but remained the same for mixed ethnicity women and Asian women, which was two times higher and almost twice as high, respectively.

The report published by MBRRACE-UK (Mothers and Babies: Reducing Risk through Audits and Confidential Enquiries across the UK) has deepened calls for action to tackle longstanding inequalities."

So this could lead one to believe that the cry of racism and the evidence is maternal death is used as a political tool to prove something that doesn't exist. Could it be that more black women die in, during or after abortions because of genetics/nature?

Only black women or does that apply to all maternal deaths? The answer is 'all'.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/nov/11/black-women-uk-maternal-mortality-rates

"Black women are still four times more likely to die in pregnancy and childbirth than white women, according to new data that has reignited calls to tackle racial inequality in maternal healthcare.

The findings show a slight drop in the maternal mortality rate for black women, but remained the same for mixed ethnicity women and Asian women, which was two times higher and almost twice as high, respectively.

The report published by MBRRACE-UK (Mothers and Babies: Reducing Risk through Audits and Confidential Enquiries across the UK) has deepened calls for action to tackle longstanding inequalities."

So this could lead one to believe that the cry of racism and the evidence is maternal death is used as a political tool to prove something that doesn't exist. Could it be that more black women die in, during or after abortions because of genetics/nature?
    The UK is also racist.

They just have universal health care so their rates are still better.

Come on Farb - first you claim that maternal/newborn outcomes in the US and UK are the same, obviously without knowing. Then you claim that the UK isn’t racist (it is, although possibly not as racist as the US).

One would start to question their sources of info after a while, shouldn’t one? 🙂

So, please elaborate on these “genetics” and/or this “nature” that exists in black women that make them more likely to die (and it’s in childbirth, you absolute loon, nobody (statistically speaking) dies in abortions).

You have all your facts backwards. It has to be on purpose, nobody would just naturally think the actual opposite of truth and reality randomly. Pregnancy and childbirth are so much more dangerous to women than early abortions. It’s not even close.

So, please elaborate on these “genetics” and/or this “nature” that exists in black women that make them more likely to die (and it’s in childbirth, you absolute loon, nobody (statistically speaking) dies in abortions).

You have all your facts backwards. It has to be on purpose, nobody would just naturally think the actual opposite of truth and reality randomly. Pregnancy and childbirth are so much more dangerous to women than early abortions. It’s not even close.
    It was addressed in the article you did not read.

Heart disease, epilepsy and stroke were the leading cause of maternal death during or up to six weeks after the end of pregnancy. Sepsis and thrombosis and blood clots are the third and fourth most common causes.

I took 'up to six weeks after the end of pregnancy' to include post abortion as well as delivery, but maybe I am wrong. Doesn't really say in the article.

Are there not certain diseases/health problems that effect different type of people more often? Is that racist to say as well now?
    It is like the left wants everyone to be exactly the same despite race and sex but at the same time, want us to be very aware of our differences of race and sex.

So, you are wrong about the abortion part, just FYI. Abortion is extremely safe.

And yes, there are certain types of diseases that affect different types of people more often. But, and here’s the biggie, it’s usually not all genetics and it’s usually not race-based, it’s usually due to environmental factors. But it can be complex to figure out. Over all, I’m not aware of anything genetic in nature that would lead to higher maternal and infant mortality among African Americans compared to white people. So it comes down to other factors. And for a long time people thought it was basically the effects of poverty - poor diets, exposure to more pollutants, just the stress of trying to live without enough money.

I recently saw a study though that said that even middle-upper class black women have higher mortality. This was followed up by studies that found that black women tend to be ignored more often, when they say they have pain, it’s dismissed or discounted more often than white women. Their symptoms aren’t taken as seriously, action is delayed more often for black women. This will lead to poorer outcomes. Are these caregivers all racist? Of course not, and we need better studies to figure out why this is happening.

But this is what is meant by systemic racism-we have differences in outcomes in a system (in this case the health system in the US) based on race. The mere fact of what race you are will tend to lead to a less desirable outcome. What we don’t know is exactly why. But just awareness of the fact that these different outcomes exist has to help everyone involved, don’t you think? It‘s better to know about a problem than to pretend it doesn’t exist.

Now, think about all the other social systems in the US that have disparate outcomes by race: banking, criminal justice, education, realty, the list goes on. This is why people talk about systemic racism. And why, once I read about it, I am not offended by the term nor am I going to deny its existence.

No. The answer is not all. Using 2018 figures from the CDC and ONS respectively, the infant mortality rate for the asian ethnic group was actually a bit higher in the UK than it was in the US. But as for the white and black ethnic groups, for white it was 3.2 in the UK, 4.6 in the USA - that's a difference of 1.4, or 44% higher. For black, though, it was 6.6 in the UK, and 10.8 in the USA - that's a difference of 4.2, or 64% higher. Relative to each other, the infant mortality rate for the black ethnic group was 2.06 times higher than that for the white ethnic group in the UK, but 2.35 times higher in the USA.

So in every way you can look at it, the answer is that the difference in the infant mortality rate between the UK and the USA is significantly higher for the black ethnic group in both absolute and relative terms.

Like I already said.

If the UK is not racist and the US is racist
    The UK is also racist.

They just have universal health care so their rates are still better.
    Then you claim that the UK isn’t racist (it is, although possibly not as racist as the US).

One would start to question their sources of info after a while, shouldn’t one? 🙂
    How the flip would you get the impression the UK wasn't racist. Even if you hadn't heard of the Windrush scandal, why would anyone think the UK has magically transformed into a fairyland of racial harmony over the last few decades?

If someone read that and believed it, it wouldn't be so much a case of questioning sources, as it would be a case of slapping their self in the head while asking why they'd ever fall for something so obviously wrong in the first place.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom