All things political. Coronavirus Edition. (6 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxp

Reaction score
I fear we are really going to be in a bad place due to the obvious cuts to the federal agencies that deal with infectious disease, but also the negative effect the Affordable Care act has had on non urban hospitals. Our front line defenses are ineffectual and our ability to treat the populous is probably at an all time low. Factor in the cost of healthcare and I can see our system crashing. What do you think about the politics of this virus?

Well, this seems worth it
===================
Last week, a police officer responded to an Alaska Airlines terminal in Juneau as state Sen. Lora Reinbold clashed with staffers over mask rules.

It was a familiar battle for the Republican lawmaker, a vaccine skeptic who has blasted flight attendants as “mask bullies” and accused the airline of “mask tyranny.”

Now, she isn’t welcome on their flights at all. Alaska Airlines this weekend banned Reinbold “for her continued refusal to comply with employee instruction regarding the current mask policy,” the airline said in a statement to The Washington Post.

That’s a serious problem for the lawmaker, because Alaska Airlines operates the only regular flights to the state capital from her home in the Anchorage area, the Anchorage Daily News reported. Reinbold scrambled on Sunday to get to Juneau via an arduous 14-plus-hour car ride, including a jaunt through Canada, to reach a ferry to the capital.

“Alaska I went to new heights to serve you & have a new appreciation for the marine ferry system,” Reinbold posted on Sunday night........

I see we're moving forward in time with the comparisons

First mask mandates were slavery

Now fighting the mandates is just like Rosa Parks

Next, the criticism for fighting the mandates will be like being beaten like Rodney King

And when all the mandates are lifted it will be a historic triumph like Obama in 2008 (or like LeBron blocking that shot in the Finals)

Last edited:

White_Mans_Burden.jpg

so...

During “Tucker Carlson Tonight,” the host told his prime-time audience to ask people wearing masks outside to remove them. He also said people should call the police or child protective services if they see children wearing masks outdoors, calling it “child abuse.”

“They’re the aggressors,”
“It’s our job to brush them back and restore the society we were born in. So the next time you see someone in a mask on the sidewalk or on the bike path, do not hesitate. Ask politely but firmly, ‘Would you please take off your mask? Science shows there is no reason for you to be wearing it. Your mask is making me uncomfortable.’”

so...

During “Tucker Carlson Tonight,” the host told his prime-time audience to ask people wearing masks outside to remove them. He also said people should call the police or child protective services if they see children wearing masks outdoors, calling it “child abuse.”

“It’s our job to brush them back and restore the society we were born in. So the next time you see someone in a mask on the sidewalk or on the bike path, do not hesitate. Ask politely but firmly, ‘Would you please take off your mask? Science shows there is no reason for you to be wearing it. Your mask is making me uncomfortable.’”

Just imagine how my middle finger will make 'you' feel...

so...

Oh I dare someone to. I feel like this is predicated on the idea that Trumpers are these big tough individuals who can bully the weak libs. Odd they'll embrace science that agrees with them though.

Would pulling a mask off a persons face during a pandemic be considered an assault? Could he be liable if who ever did it claimed he told them to do so?

Would pulling a mask off a persons face during a pandemic be considered an assault? Could he be liable if who ever did it claimed he told them to do so?
At the very least, it would be a simple assault.

Imagine getting shot because you tried to rip a mask off the face of a stranger.

Stupid is, what stupid does...

That School is an outbreak waiting to happen

A private school in Miami, citing false claims, bars vaccinated teachers from contact with students.

In an example of how misinformation threatens the nation’s effort to vaccinate enough Americans to get the coronavirus under control, Ms. Centner, who has frequently shared anti-vaccine posts on Facebook, claimed in the letter that “reports have surfaced recently of non-vaccinated people being negatively impacted by interacting with people who have been vaccinated.”

(apparently she is one of THOSE people)

Last year, she referred to airline staff as “mask bullies” and the airline itself as “part of mask tyranny” after being asked by Alaska Airlines flight attendants to wear a mask aboard a flight. After the incident, she sent a cake to some airline flight attendants. The cake bore an inscription saying, “I’m sorry if I offended you.”

The airline’s ban comes after an incident this week at Juneau International Airport in which Reinbold was recorded apparently arguing with airport and Alaska Airlines staff about the mask policies.

Alaska Airlines said Saturday that it has banned state Sen. Lora Reinbold, R-Eagle River, from its flights for continuing to refuse to follow mask-wearing requirements for travelers.

“We have notified Senator Lora Reinbold that she is not permitted to fly with us for her continued refusal to comply with employee instruction regarding the current mask policy,” spokesman Tim Thompson said by email.

“This suspension is effective immediately, pending further review. Federal law requires all guests to wear a mask over their nose and mouth at all times during travel, including throughout the flight, during boarding and deplaning, and while traveling through an airport,” he said.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
Top Bottom