All things political. Coronavirus Edition. (6 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxp

Reaction score
    I fear we are really going to be in a bad place due to the obvious cuts to the federal agencies that deal with infectious disease, but also the negative effect the Affordable Care act has had on non urban hospitals. Our front line defenses are ineffectual and our ability to treat the populous is probably at an all time low. Factor in the cost of healthcare and I can see our system crashing. What do you think about the politics of this virus?

Paxton is terrible. There are some horrible “leaders” in Texas at the statewide level.
    I mean... part of me gets it. Some folks are so anti mask, that they wouldnt vote. So, you want every vote to count. It just seems like a really bad path to take.

Follow thread

Italy not far behind.

Sister back to online school as of Sunday, 6pm curfew daily. And she in lesser region (Toscano) than where this is booming again (Lombardy).

She has 6 more weeks of curriculum left and she heading home. Has flight booked out Florence and confirmed out Rome if Florence shuts down. Was gonna stop to see family in Geneva, but word is Switzerland will lock down by Thanksgiving.

Worked today, our hospital is back up to the number of cases we had in April when we peaked. Our county is breaking records for cases several times a week.

And we still are rationed for testing kits. We are allowed 27 tests per day, for doing them in house, meaning the results are back in less than an hour for a PCR test. We have to limit these tests to the severely ill, those needing emergency surgery, or new patients sick enough to go to the Emergency Department. Everyone else has their sample sent out and waits 3 days or so.

I would expect this sort of rationing early in the pandemic, there’s no excuse for it at this point. Imo.

Worked today, our hospital is back up to the number of cases we had in April when we peaked. Our county is breaking records for cases several times a week.

And we still are rationed for testing kits. We are allowed 27 tests per day, for doing them in house, meaning the results are back in less than an hour for a PCR test. We have to limit these tests to the severely ill, those needing emergency surgery, or new patients sick enough to go to the Emergency Department. Everyone else has their sample sent out and waits 3 days or so.

I would expect this sort of rationing early in the pandemic, there’s no excuse for it at this point. Imo.

Inexcusable and unacceptable. Damn.

Meanwhile in Trumpland:

Inexcusable and unacceptable. Damn.

Meanwhile in Trumpland:

Dude looks like he's high 24/7. Idiot.

In more important news, the San Francisco area just reported its first case of a dual infection of COVID-19 and flu in one individual.

Rounding the corner, folks...

CNN was reporting this morning that counties where Trump rallies were held are seeing larger increases in positives compared to other counties in the same state/area.

That's gotta be one of the most "no shirt, Sherlock" moments of... the last few days. We can always ask what did they think was going to happen. But it's obvious. They don't care. Trump is going to do his part to create herd communi... I mean immunity, dammit.

CNN was reporting this morning that counties where Trump rallies were held are seeing larger increases in positives compared to other counties in the same state/area.
    while, it's likely due to the rallies, I do wonder if that's normalized against counties that have airports. isn't he just doing these at airports?

honestly surprised that the throng of 400,000 mask-less people at the sturgis festival didn't spread it all over the country afterward. I don't remember hearing much about it afterwards though.

honestly surprised that the throng of 400,000 mask-less people at the sturgis festival didn't spread it all over the country afterward. I don't remember hearing much about it afterwards though.

There was an article on EE about it

There was a lot of spread from that event

EDIT: here you go

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom