All things political. Coronavirus Edition. (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxp

Reaction score
    I fear we are really going to be in a bad place due to the obvious cuts to the federal agencies that deal with infectious disease, but also the negative effect the Affordable Care act has had on non urban hospitals. Our front line defenses are ineffectual and our ability to treat the populous is probably at an all time low. Factor in the cost of healthcare and I can see our system crashing. What do you think about the politics of this virus?

FauxNewsCovidvsBenghazi.JPG

McConnell is breaking from the WH saying that they're sticking with the $500 Billion proposal, because that's all Republicans think we need.

this is going to get ugly.

It shouldn't have come to this, but I'm happy Christie is speaking out and warning others to take this thing seriously.

Now to the countdown for the tweet calling him weak...

It shouldn't have come to this, but I'm happy Christie is speaking out and warning others to take this thing seriously.

Now to the countdown for the tweet calling him weak...

I'm actually surprised he survived. Hope he's out of the woods.

I'm actually surprised he survived. Hope he's out of the woods.

we have a better understanding of what to give and in what order to obtain the best possible fight against.

Unfortunately, to arrive at that protocol, is trial and error.

Chris Christie can thank the 220,000 plus for their sacrifice.

we have a better understanding of what to give and in what order to obtain the best possible fight against.

This is undoubtedly true, and yet we still have 700-1000 people dying every day. It’s just awful.

Pfizer says third week of November for results. Could be longer as they have begun to include teenagers and FDA requires 2 months of research. Moderna is end of November but I don’t trust them farther than I can throw them.

Eli Lilly has paused their antibody trial due to safety concerns.

With J&J pausing I am getting less and less optimistic about a viable vaccine at all unfortunately.

Pfizer says third week of November for results. Could be longer as they have begun to include teenagers and FDA requires 2 months of research. Moderna is end of November but I don’t trust them farther than I can throw them.

Eli Lilly has paused their antibody trial due to safety concerns.

With J&J pausing I am getting less and less optimistic about a viable vaccine at all unfortunately.

It was never realistic. He was just saying the first thing that came to his head, as always.

@Saint by the Bay -

I agree. He talks out his arse for whatever he perceives as the benefit to him.

I am beginning to become skeptical altogether. The fastest we have ever produced a vaccine is 4 years. Our history with coronavirus vaccines is awful.

With all of the stoppages and hedging I am starting to believe that we won’t get a viable vaccine at all.

The treatment he got is not the same treatment those 220,000 got, nor the treatment the overwhelming majority of those who will need ICUs will get..

The treatment he got is not the same treatment those 220,000 got, nor the treatment the overwhelming majority of those who will need ICUs will get..

without a doubt - which is why i said Christie should thank all those before him.

@Saint by the Bay -

I agree. He talks out his arse for whatever he perceives as the benefit to him.

I am beginning to become skeptical altogether. The fastest we have ever produced a vaccine is 4 years. Our history with coronavirus vaccines is awful.

With all of the stoppages and hedging I am starting to believe that we won’t get a viable vaccine at all.
    The fact is we don't know what we'll get. The statements from the companies will always tend to present the rosiest and most optimistic view of the future possible, which all too frequently will bear little to no resemblance to the reality that eventually emerges (sadly; if they did, we'd have cured cancer, all other disease, and be living forever by now).

So I think it's fair enough to be skeptical. Conversely, though, humanity has never thrown this much effort in this space of time at a vaccine. Our historical success rate isn't great, but building off what we've previously learnt and with the amount of effort being directed at it, you'd think something of merit would come from it.

Realistically, I just can't gauge the prospects of whether a successful vaccine will emerge, or when. I'm not sure anyone can, until it's done. This is one of those things where perhaps the sane thing is to not have a belief at all about it. Just have to wait and see.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom