All things political. Coronavirus Edition. (5 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxp

Reaction score
    I fear we are really going to be in a bad place due to the obvious cuts to the federal agencies that deal with infectious disease, but also the negative effect the Affordable Care act has had on non urban hospitals. Our front line defenses are ineffectual and our ability to treat the populous is probably at an all time low. Factor in the cost of healthcare and I can see our system crashing. What do you think about the politics of this virus?

Masks mean nothing when you're literally face to face like that.
    Not sure that's exactly accurate, but I get the point.

This doesn't get into the distance thing as a function of efficacy, but it's a good list of overall protections, risks, considerations. i.e. what works and what doesn't.

Not sure that's exactly accurate, but I get the point.

This doesn't get into the distance thing as a function of efficacy, but it's a good list of overall protections, risks, considerations. i.e. what works and what doesn't.

In the videos from the CDC showing the difference between two people with masks, one with a mask and both maskless, you had to be two feet apart when both wearing masks in order to not end up spraying droplets onto the other person's mask when face to face.

Since the eyes are a source of infection, you need to have eye covering if you’re that close, IMO.

Since the eyes are a source of infection, you need to have eye covering if you’re that close, IMO.
    Luckily, I don't get that close to anyone unless I already know they aren't infected since my stupid face shield thing melted in the car back in August.

Trump is now openly mocking Fauci and “all these idiots”, while taking epidemiological advice from a stinking radiologist. If Trump wins we will see over a million deaths before this thing is over. I’m not joking and I might be low.

I love how listening the experts and to people who know what they're talking about is a bad thing now
    ==========================================================

President Trump mockingly warned at his rally in Nevada late Sunday that Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden would "listen to the scientists" if elected and there would be more lockdowns to curb the spread of the coronavirus.

Trump told attendees in Carson City that supporters of his opponent would surrender their "future to the virus," saying: "He's gonna want to lockdown."

"He'll listen to the scientists," Trump added in a mocking tone before saying, "If I listened totally to the scientists, we would right now have a country that would be in a massive depression instead - we're like a rocket ship. Take a look at the numbers."...................

Trump is now openly mocking Fauci and “all these idiots”, while taking epidemiological advice from a stinking radiologist. If Trump wins we will see over a million deaths before this thing is over. I’m not joking and I might be low.

I love how listening the experts and to people who know what they're talking about is a bad thing now
    ==========================================================

President Trump mockingly warned at his rally in Nevada late Sunday that Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden would "listen to the scientists" if elected and there would be more lockdowns to curb the spread of the coronavirus.

Trump told attendees in Carson City that supporters of his opponent would surrender their "future to the virus," saying: "He's gonna want to lockdown."

"He'll listen to the scientists," Trump added in a mocking tone before saying, "If I listened totally to the scientists, we would right now have a country that would be in a massive depression instead - we're like a rocket ship. Take a look at the numbers."...................

you can see it plain as day....this is what Trump will be hammering in final debate. Setting the stage several days before. Every moment he gets on COVID, he will pivot to what he claims Joe wants to do and discredit science in one breath and then laud the scientific community for therapies and vaccine in the next breath.

Chaos. Pure chaos. Dont know where to look. Cant pinpoint so as to distract and keep you distracted til Nov 3rd.

Dr. Atlas better be praying that Trump wins, because he is destroying his reputation with this herd immunity by catching the disease advocacy. It this disease were only killing 0.1% of people like the flu, then it would be more reasonable, and that doesn't even account for the lingering damage that Covid seems to be causing to hearts, etc.

Dr. Atlas better be praying that Trump wins, because he is destroying his reputation with this herd immunity by catching the disease advocacy. It this disease were only killing 0.1% of people like the flu, then it would be more reasonable, and that doesn't even account for the lingering damage that Covid seems to be causing to hearts, etc.
    His reputation was done the second he took the job. Just like the rest of Trump's sycophants.

His reputation was done the second he took the job. Just like the rest of Trump's sycophants.

I think that's absurd though. If someone who is qualified and wants to serve in a position in government, he should be able to do so regardless who is President. Just because you serve in a shirt administration doesn't make you shirt.

I think that's absurd though. If someone who is qualified and wants to serve in a position in government, he should be able to do so regardless who is President. Just because you serve in a shirt administration doesn't make you shirt.
    Atlas is shirt though for pushing the asinine herd immunity crap.

You're focusing on the wrong sentence.

syc·o·phant
    /ˈsikəˌfant/

noun
    • 1.a person who acts obsequiously toward someone important in order to gain advantage.
    It's not because he took the job. It's because he's carrying Trump's water instead of actually being a doctor who relies on science. Even Sweden has abandoned herd immunity and when they were pushing it, if you tested positive, you and your entire family and anyone you came into contact with were forced to go on lockdown for quarantine. Trump and Atlas have zero plans to do anything like that. It's the dumbest, most backwards position to take right before everyone is locked inside for the winter with the heat circulating this plague to everyone. Twitter had to take down Atlas's tweet that was saying that masks aren't effective in stopping the spread of the virus just today, for Chrissakes.

Ladies and gentleman... The President of the United STATES. Called Fauci (and the others assuming doctors and scientists) idiots.

You're focusing on the wrong sentence.

syc·o·phant
    /ˈsikəˌfant/

noun
    • 1.a person who acts obsequiously toward someone important in order to gain advantage.
    It's not because he took the job. It's because he's carrying Trump's water instead of actually being a doctor who relies on science. Even Sweden has abandoned herd immunity and when they were pushing it, if you tested positive, you and your entire family and anyone you came into contact with were forced to go on lockdown for quarantine. Trump and Atlas have zero plans to do anything like that. It's the dumbest, most backwards position to take right before everyone is locked inside for the winter with the heat circulating this plague to everyone. Twitter had to take down Atlas's tweet that was saying that masks aren't effective in stopping the spread of the virus just today, for Chrissakes.

I know what the word means.

And I wasn't talking about Atlas specifically. You basically said all who work in the administration have to be sycophants for doing so. I don't like making blanket assumptions about people and their motives.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom