All things political. Coronavirus Edition. (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxp

Reaction score
    I fear we are really going to be in a bad place due to the obvious cuts to the federal agencies that deal with infectious disease, but also the negative effect the Affordable Care act has had on non urban hospitals. Our front line defenses are ineffectual and our ability to treat the populous is probably at an all time low. Factor in the cost of healthcare and I can see our system crashing. What do you think about the politics of this virus?

What is Trump's end goal here? Every poll shows that people trust Fauci considerably more than they trust Donald Trump. Is he trying to win, or are we just looking at three more months of Trump whining about his petty grievances before he's finally ushered offstage?

What is Trump's end goal here? Every poll shows that people trust Fauci considerably more than they trust Donald Trump. Is he trying to win, or are we just looking at three more months of Trump whining about his petty grievances before he's finally ushered offstage?

Ha... Showtime at the Apollo style

you can see it plain as day....this is what Trump will be hammering in final debate. Setting the stage several days before. Every moment he gets on COVID, he will pivot to what he claims Joe wants to do and discredit science in one breath and then laud the scientific community for therapies and vaccine in the next breath.

Chaos. Pure chaos. Dont know where to look. Cant pinpoint so as to distract and keep you distracted til Nov 3rd.
    If Biden was truly bold, he would just point out that not only has trump failed the people of The United States, but as the leader of the free world, he has failed in protecting the every human being on this planet from this virus. Had his reaction to this outbreak would have been to fight it instead of lying to world about its danger, the world would have followed our lead in combating instead of denying the virus.

But wait, I thought there were all sycophants? :shrug:
    Fauci wasn't selected by Trump. He's served for decades, and he's acted responsibly, so his reputation remains intact. I wouldn't tarnish any long serving public servants with a blanket statement that they're reputations are ruined, and I understand your objection to such a blanket statement about people that go to work for Trump, since it is desirable to think that these people believe they can help, but all recent hires have been sycophants. Trump actually had some good and some decent hires early in his administration, since many thought they could help the country from the inside, but when they didn't act obsequiously, they were either fired or quit. After a couple of years, it became clear that taking a job in this administration meant you have to act obsequious.

I'm not sure where to put this, but... I guess. here..

This is NOT HOW YOU ZOOM!!!!

You can't mute video, bro?... No one wants to see your 60 yr old wang...

What was he doing? This is the problem with older adults and technology.

What was he doing? This is the problem with older adults and technology.

But it's not March

Toobin has probably done dozens if not hundreds of these by now

They won't say exactly what happened but I'm reading it as purely inadvertent and don't expect the suspension to last long

But it's not March

Toobin has probably done dozens if not hundreds of these by now

They won't say exactly what happened but I'm reading it as purely inadvertent and don't expect the suspension to last long
    100% he was 'sexting' with someone, likely not his wife.

He likely has done this before. maybe not during a zoom call, but this wasn't his first rodeo..

Fauci wasn't selected by Trump. He's served for decades, and he's acted responsibly, so his reputation remains intact. I wouldn't tarnish any long serving public servants with a blanket statement that they're reputations are ruined, and I understand your objection to such a blanket statement about people that go to work for Trump, since it is desirable to think that these people believe they can help, but all recent hires have been sycophants. Trump actually had some good and some decent hires early in his administration, since many thought they could help the country from the inside, but when they didn't act obsequiously, they were either fired or quit. After a couple of years, it became clear that taking a job in this administration meant you have to act obsequious.

Sure, but I reject the notion that working for the Administration automatically makes you a sycophant. And to be clear, Fauci absolutely isn't a sycophant. But I've seen people rail against him and lump him in as a Trump stooge when that couldn't be further from the truth.

Sure, but I reject the notion that working for the Administration automatically makes you a sycophant. And to be clear, Fauci absolutely isn't a sycophant. But I've seen people rail against him and lump him in as a Trump stooge when that couldn't be further from the truth.

It may not make you one immediately but if you spend enough time working for this administration you will become one...unless you refuse one of Dear Leader's requests or the light goes on and you quit before becoming one....

It may not make you one immediately but if you spend enough time working for this administration you will become one...unless you refuse one of Dear Leader's requests or the light goes on and you quit before becoming one....

I agree with that. If you're in a position where you know you're being asked to violatie the law or ethics, either resign or stay and directly oppose it.

I know what the word means.

And I wasn't talking about Atlas specifically. You basically said all who work in the administration have to be sycophants for doing so. I don't like making blanket assumptions about people and their motives.
    I guess you didn't read past the definition in the post you quoted. I went into much more detail for you. There were plenty of people who were in the administration who weren't sycophants. Problem being that they all got kicked to the curb within the first two years, replaced with sycophants and it seems to have been made abundantly clear that is a job requirement if you're planning on actually getting hired. This isn't Bush 43's administration, as screwed up as that was, and you know that.

Last edited:
    I guess you didn't read past the definition in the post you quoted. I went into much more detail for you. There were plenty of people who were in the administration who weren't sycophants. Problem being they all got kicked to the curb within the first two years, replaced with sycophants and it seems to have been made abundantly clear that is a job requirement if you're planning on actually getting hired. This isn't Bush 43's administration, as screwed up as that was, and you know that.

And I would say that not everyone in his current Administration are sycophants. Some are smart enough to keep their heads down and do the job they're supposed to do until a better situation comes along. It's not as cut and dried as you think it is. I'm not at liberty to say who, but I personally know people who work in the Administration who are hoping for a change. But they'd be putting their careers in jeopardy by speaking anything negative. With a few weeks left until the election, they're just waiting it out.

They're definitely not sycophants, and they care about the work they do. Hard as it may be for you to believe, these are sincere people who have good intentions and motives for the career choices they've made.

And I would say that not everyone in his current Administration are sycophants. Some are smart enough to keep their heads down and do the job they're supposed to do until a better situation comes along. It's not as cut and dried as you think it is. I'm not at liberty to say who, but I personally know people who work in the Administration who are hoping for a change. But they'd be putting their careers in jeopardy by speaking anything negative. With a few weeks left until the election, they're just waiting it out.

They're definitely not sycophants, and they care about the work they do. Hard as it may be for you to believe, these are sincere people who have good intentions and motives for the career choices they've made.
    When every cabinet head (for the positions that even got filled) is carrying his water it really matters not what the lower level WH employees are doing or thinking. And I'm sorry, but caring about the work you do and working for THIS administration are mutually exclusive. I don't care who you are or what your career ambitions are.

I think there's a distinction here between career bureaucrats/public servants and political appointments that lead many of these agencies. I'm not sure which Fauci's position is, but given he's served across several administrations, he's more of the former.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom