All things political. Coronavirus Edition. (11 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxp

Reaction score
I fear we are really going to be in a bad place due to the obvious cuts to the federal agencies that deal with infectious disease, but also the negative effect the Affordable Care act has had on non urban hospitals. Our front line defenses are ineffectual and our ability to treat the populous is probably at an all time low. Factor in the cost of healthcare and I can see our system crashing. What do you think about the politics of this virus?

To what end?

Your goal was to demonstrate that Twitter was unfairly applying its guidelines, but your example does not reflect that goal.

It appears to get a rise out of people who are easily offended by those who make sarcastic remarks that go against their political views.

I watched the original video of the doctors, and while everyone does keep choosing to pick on the one lady, one of the last doctors who spoke was very matter of fact and was a doctor from UCLA research medical. I was hoping to post something about him here but it seems I cannot find his name anymore to look up some information on him. It's not very comforting the level of scrubbing that is being done like this.
What was his name? His name isn't being scrubbed... It may very well be he doesn't exist.

Any medical professional that stood and listened to that rant, then decided it a good idea to follow that rant with his own opinion, has to be questioned.

So why should people NOT focus on the doctor that says crackpot stuff?

I mean if you have a offensive line that goes:
315lbs 335lb 275lb 160lb 340lb

are you going to wonder why your right guard is getting picked on? Or are you going to notice which one isn’t like the others. And in this case “others” is the stand in for “demon semen”

I watched the original video of the doctors, and while everyone does keep choosing to pick on the one lady, one of the last doctors who spoke was very matter of fact and was a doctor from UCLA research medical. I was hoping to post something about him here but it seems I cannot find his name anymore to look up some information on him. It's not very comforting the level of scrubbing that is being done like this.

This article has a list of names. Is it one of them?

Potential teacher strikes in Florida, Texas and Arizona creates even more drama in three presidential battleground states. However, these same conversations are going on in school districts throughout the US. Everyone would like kids back in school, but they want students and teachers to be safe. I do not envy school administrators at a time like this. No matter what decisions are made, there will be a sizable group that disagrees and many will be angry. I pray that an effective, safe vaccine is around the corner.

Potential teacher strikes in Florida, Texas and Arizona creates even more drama in three presidential battleground states. However, these same conversations are going on in school districts throughout the US. Everyone would like kids back in school, but they want students and teachers to be safe. I do not envy school administrators at a time like this. No matter what decisions are made, there will be a sizable group that disagrees and many will be angry. I pray that an effective, safe vaccine is around the corner.
The other thing I noticed that is troubling is that he canceled the Republican convention due to the COVID-19 situation but is willing to risk the lives of teachers and kids,This is what you get when you elect a self-absorbed narcissistic psychopath.

My post was sarcasm in regards to Twitter's biased censorship. I don't support the views of all those doctors in the video, especially the crazy one, but why not leave it up with a disclaimer? I only watched the first 2 doctors in the video, but the 1st doctor seemed completely reasonable.
Your first sentence is laughable.

Your second is reasonable, and I agree with the latter half. Might as well leave it up with an edit that says the video has many false statements and dangerous untruths, and a link debunking the mostly crackpot views in the video.

I have zero sympathy for this asshat. He has consistently pushed back on safety requirements and now has to pay the price.

I wish upon him the same medical system (and insurance interference) that he has tried to foist upon the rest of the country, especially the one he wants denied to the lower income bracket.

The other thing I noticed that is troubling is that he canceled the Republican convention due to the COVID-19 situation but is willing to risk the lives of teachers and kids,This is what you get when you elect a self-absorbed narcissistic psychopath.
We attended our schools districts board meeting earlier this mont on Zoom. The in person location had 3 board members present with the remaining 11 at home on zoom. Masks were worn and social distancing was being practiced. All this occurred while the board voted to implement 100% in person school attendance with no masks. It was a complete joke.
since that tone deaf meeting, the wheels have come off the bus and now they are doing alternating days by letter depending on the county color coded warnings.

Bill Montgomery, co-founder of Turning Point USA, has died from complications of COVID, it was announced by a fellow Republican strategist. The way that TPUSA fully embraced meme culture and the weaponization of information, have to acknowledge the contribution he made to misleading and herding people, something that has been especially dangerous and irresponsible during this current crisis.

Trump and Cultists:

- Covid is not that big of a deal, everyone is overreacting, it's all just trying to make Trump look bad. We live with the flu, this is no different.

Also: Everyone should be taking a controversial, unapproved cocktail of pharmaceuticals with defined health risks because its the best way to beat this pandemic.

- We should get back to doing everything as quickly and normally as possible. Nothing should close. Kids should go to school. Masks are a personal choice.

Also: This crisis compels us to delay a presidential election!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
Top Bottom